A P90 from tommy060289

Beren

I bought the afore mentioned P90tr from Thomas and got it approximately Mar 18.

The initial sale dealings went quite well and I was being offered what I wanted, so I was happy enough. I was advised of the despatch and shipping number. Basically Thomas kept me well informed. My problems all began when I received the P90. At that stage, and even now I am new to airsoft. Irrespective of being new I know when I have been taken to the cleaners, I still have not skirmished with this P90.

My complaint and warning, is Thomas the seller never described the P90 as it should have been described, see my points and the attachments.

If I wanted to charge the battery, I ould either have to custom maul a tricle charger or buy a new one.

The P90 was described as being in veru good condition, well it sorta is except it looks as though it was dragged though a ball of steel wool (I may have exagerated, no one can tell through the pics).

The Silencer came with no foam, and looking as though it was hit against a wall, with further damage caused by a BB hitting the inside! My opinion, the damage was caused by means unkown!

The custom upgrade was done by Thomas, pics provided, who proceeded to maul the internals of the P90 to such a degree, that if I wanted to ghange battery, I need to take a screw driver to the bloody thing.

I have informed Thomas that there was a little damage caused to the connections after the AEG arrived, this was not his fault, however, I informed him of my astonishment and anger at what I had bought. He informed me that he told me about the custom abttery connections during our msn conversation. He told me whilst I was logging in to PayPal to send him the money. I never fully looked at that as I was not paying attention, my big mistake.

Since I have received the P90 and damage was caused at this end, I advised Thomas that I would keep the P90 but would like to get the original bit sent to me including either a new silencer or the correct fittings for the socom silencer. He sent me pipe insulating foam that some guy sent to him as a favour. That is not what I bought now, was it Thomas. I attach a copy of Thomas' last email to me.

Now, anyone buying from this guy, please beware, he may have customised it. In my case I feel I was conned into buying an item that was not given adequate description. I have attempted to get what I have paid for, but to no avail. I can take matters further, but I choose not to as my time and effort will now be better spent doing more constructive things.

Anyone can say what they like regarding the workability of the P90 in its condition, just remember, you did not pay £205 for something that you would need to spend a further £70-80 fixing.

As far as I am aware, this was advertised on UKAN and ASCUK, so I am posting in each forum.

I have more emails that I could post, I could rant even more, but that would be pedantic and acheive nothing.

post-5013-1112557158_thumb.jpg

post-5013-1112557175_thumb.jpg

post-5013-1112557190_thumb.jpg

post-5013-1112557207_thumb.jpg

post-5013-1112557235_thumb.jpg

post-5013-1112557283_thumb.jpg

post-5013-1112557759_thumb.jpg

post-5013-1112557838_thumb.jpg

post-5013-1112558121_thumb.jpg

MSN_Hotmail___Message.htm

tommy060289___P90_tr.htm

The British have a word for this type of fellow. Let's see...

Ah, here it is.

######.

That's simply judging by his e-mail to you. I've met characters similar to this, and I have to say, they're not worth the air they breathe.

Let's applaud the people who DO live within the bounds of honor and honesty, as they make life more bearable for everyone else.

Maybe, if there is a kind soul who owns a P90 that is still stock could photograph the internals and post them for comparison, it would give an indication of what this P90 lacks.

It would also help me see what I need to do to restore this to something of an original condition.

Well, I am still harping on about this issue. I was browsing zeroone when I went into the battery section and noticed the j battery for the P90 with the advice from zero being that you should get the stock extender. Why did you mutilate and destroy a battery when it would have been simpler, more effective when the right thing to do would have been to get the bloody stock extender.

My valuable lesson learnt is never buy anything if it comes from a kid who does not have a clue!

To be honest, I don't really see much wrong. J-Batteries usually require modification (or the stock extender) to work and this one has had the plate cut out. The picture you have is very fuzzy so I can't tell if there is something totally damaged. The connector appears to be a more efficient deans connector that some people think is much better than the standard ones and I'm sure you could find an adapter that would convert your charger to allow it to charge the new battery. Honestly, I don't think there's all that much wrong with this P90.

Custom upgrades, spring, bearings, piston head. It sounds like he didn't fit them, so there probably aren't any problems with that.

The only other internal mod, is for the J shape battery. From the pictures I see nothing wrong with it. That is how you fit that battery in. The connectors are of a different type, but they are not too hard to change.

You mention scatches, but there are no photos of scratches, and I would ask how much does that really matter?

Silencer with no foam is not right, and unless mentioned before you paid him, is his responsibility. The front of it looks like it got dinged by a bb when the silencer wasnt screwed on correctly.

My whole point, is essentially the P90 was not described fully an accurately!

As a newbie to airsoft I rather naively bought this thinking that I would not have to fork out for anything other than a half decent charger.

As I have not been given what I thought I was getting, because of poor description on the part of the seller, I am angry. Had I been told and shown in detail what was being sold, I would have walked away.

As an internet buyer, I need to be given a full and accurate description. If I buy from a retailer the item should, by law, be accurately described. Buying from an individual through a forum, we all rely on courtesy. I feel that I was not given this. This is partly why I am angry, but this is now history, I have surpassed this anger and am concentrating on getting the P90 fixed, not long now.

Archived