Super Brain 960 and Elite 9.6v 1500mAh battery

Skintband

I just purchased a Super Brain 960 and 2 Elite 9.6v 1500mAh Batteries. I am looking to charge them for the first time and would like it if anybody has this same type of setup to comment on how it worked for them and how they setup the charger as far as the mV setting and the amp setting. Any help or information about this charger would be great. Thanks in advance for any help or information

I've got that charger, but use an Elite 9.6v 3600 mAh battery.

I believe that the first charge is supposed to be relatively fast or heavy, but I cannot recall the details at the moment, so it would be best to wait until someone else comes along to adress that question.

As for subsequent charging, that bit is simple. The lowest amperage that the charger puts out is 0.5 amps, and you should charge your battery at that amperage. I believe that the charger will automatically detect the voltage of your pack, so there is no reason to fiddle with that number when charging.

Your pack could probably handle a charge rate of 1 amp, but it would be better for the long term health of the battery if you charged it at the lowest setting possible.

Well here is the response I got from there customer service forums. I figure I would post it up as it a popular charger and there recommendation with my setup.

For the first charge I would charge them slower, but the max I would charge them at would 1.5 amps. You can leave the mv setting to 40 for all of the charges. Also, they may very well false peak on the first few charges. A good indication of whether the battery is charged is the heat ion the battery, if it's warm after the charger shuts off, then it's done. If it's not, then it probably false peaked.

The mV setting is for the delta-peak detection system to cut off the charge when the battery is full. I recommend for nimh batteries to start with 10mV. If the charger cuts off too soon.. discharge the battery, increase the setting with 2mV.

The amp setting should be 55-65% of the capacity in order for the peak to occur when the battery is full. If not then the battery will get over-charged and will build up excessive heat which will damage the battery. In this case I recommend to charge at 0.8A and set the safety timer on 135 minutes.

Charge and discharge the batteries 3 times to prime them, before using them on the airsoft field..

I get my information from http://www.batteryuniversity.com/

My second advise is.. (personal that is))

Should you happen to disrupt the charge (by any cause for example a power failure of the power company)... Discharge the battery and recharge again.

Last week I charged 2 9.6V 1400 mAh intellect batteries. One was fully charged without getting disrupted, the other got disrupted half way (forgot to set the timer correctly) and charged further without discharging the battery first. I use these batteries for my A&K M249 Para..

With the disrupted charged battery I could only make about 3500 shots. With the undisrupted charged battery I could make more than 5000 shots.

Funny enough I did not expect this battery to last that long.. :blink:

Archived