CADPAT Picture Thread

CF issue helmet is the Gallet CG634. Internally it's the same style suspension as the old PASGT.

000_0125.jpg

If you're looking for better prices and REAL CADPAT, email my buddy at www.armyissue.com and ask what he's got in stock. Every now and then he'll have helmets, Goretex, vests. Good guy ;)

Edited by Lerch
  • Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine green and brown...now take those colors and toss them into different locations. They both work in certain places but not all.

Personally, I'll take CADPAT over MARPAT anyday just because I can get it with a 5 minute drive...

CADPAT is very nice, but at the same time I wonder how well it stacks up against MARPAT in both versions.

Comparison shots anyone?

Cadpat the first to use the pixelated pattern followed by marpat so if anything that statment should be the other way around :D

For over here Marpat is more for autumn/winter time when alot of the greens in woodland turn to brown but dosnt really blend in to well with a full green forest as cadpat does.

I wear my cadpat nearly all year round as it never really drys up here so my local site always has mostly full green vegetation.

I'll see if I can get a comparison shot at the weekend of the too.

Yeah MARPAT is a great patterna dn works well in green enviroments. It is especially great in a Deciduous forest area, CADPAT is awsome for Taiga forests like you find in certain extreme northern states and close to PACIFIC NORTHWEST and Canada. CADPAT would also be great for Tropical and rain forests...anywhere with lush vibrant greens and alot of Moss, Ferns, etc.

MARPAT like Darklite said works well in a forest where there are still alot of browns hence the Deciduous forest, most of the time they have alot of browns due to the season changes and dead leaves and mulch on the deck all year round.

Neither is better, and it would be ignorant to argue that. They both work in different areas. I live in Oregon, here is a shot of marpat in a very common forest here....

486461856_l.jpg

We just have really dark forest here....cadpat sorta sticks out, I've seen it (easily) in a game.

But, it works well in places, like this picture..you can even compare how much better than the marpat boonie it is.

cadpat1m.jpg

Different camo for different places.

So is the consensus that this is a generic non-ACU/Marpat thread, or is it a CADPAT-only thread?

Well, I'll risk it anyway by showing a BDU i bought today, repro Phillippines SAF camo

marinasmn5.jpg

(to the filipinos here: NO, I won't be wearing it in the public around here, don't worry ;) )

BentleyCntlGT hit the nail on the head there they're better suited to different environments.

Just put in an order with wheelers for some snazzy CF vest pouches and a CCCT drop leg combo rig all in cadpat.

Cant wait for them to arrive =D

Nice lid Lerch are you going to add to cadpat material to the netting ?

I did have scrim on there at one time, but now my helmet is in Afghanistan and I don't see much of it anymore ;)

Drake, did you see their new KISS vest? :D Popped on their last night and picked through the kit for what I'll be ordering when I'm done my courses.

Edited by Lerch

100_4082-1.jpg

I don't have it anymore, although the QM will be issueing me one again when I get on course. I've plans to add the WIMP pouches after my SQ on the right side (maybe the left too).

*excuse the ACU dump pouch. I had to make due with the only thing I could find ;)

Edited by Lerch

I'd have to say that a PASGT would be the closest replica to the CF helmet, although a MICH 2000 would fit the bill aswell. You'd just need a four point chin strap for either one.

And there's one vest being made by Parkland's (IIRC) that is a copy of the CF Tacvest. It just doesn't have the CADPAT mesh.

Here is a really old pic of what my chest rig used to look like. Now its undergone some modifications and all the pouches are in the process of being replaced, since I don't need 16+1 mags, let alone anything more then 4+1 when I will start going into the field.

Hey Lerch, you do still got the pic of how to turn the Tunic's collar into a mandarin one?

CADPATTWchestrig4.jpg

CADPATTWchestrig2.jpg

CADPATTWchestrig1.jpg

CADPATTWchestrig3.jpg

Kit list:

-ESSTAC PMB in CADPAT TW

-ESSTAC Patch Rat in RG

-4 TT 5.56 triple mag pouches in CADPAT TW

-CP Gears Individual First Aid pouch in CADPAT TW

-CP Gears Zippered General Purpose pouch in CADPAT TW

-CP Gears Lobster Trap dump pouch in CADPAT TW

-CP Gears Radio pouch in CADPAT TW