CADPAT Picture Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

News from my wheelers order.

It entered the Uk sat in the depot for 3 days. So wheelers/cp gear being the amazing company they are phoned them for me.

"oh its been lost"

I'm actually raging.

CP have offered me a full refund or to re-dispatch my order which is awesome of them but it wont be withing 28 days and wont be here for Phoenix rising. :(

Moving on

Ace that tunic is very nicely done, i've also moved my bottom pockets to the arms however they're still just button pockets

Ouch that sucks Drake. CP Gear is a great company, I really enjoy the gear they are designing and making since they hired Matt Fisher (I think thats his name, Lerch correct me if I am wrong) and I know a lot of guys at work are really liking the stuff too (hint hint)...

Now to give you all another Cadpat fix since it seems to be lacking in this thread... More of my brocopat pRon:

DCP_3681.jpg

DCP_3682.jpg

DCP_3683.jpg

DCP_3684.jpg

Its almost done, just a few things nagging me that I had to change.

-Double frag pouch from Esstac;

-TT Tear away panel for the IFAK;

-A Jones Tactical shear sheath for the IFAK;

-A "Boar" sling from Jones Tactical;

-Two CP Gear party pooper smoke pouches;

-A hydration tube cover;

-Hockey tape to replace the electric tape for the cross;

-Some shrink wrap for the zipper pulls and;

-A blood type patch.

This is actually more my "work" rig these days, since it holds the normal battle rattle with the CF, but have a REMF trade that usually prevents me from going into the field... That and I'm just a lowly OCdt. lol...

And I also have to put my order through again with DIY Tactical, since my first one never got processed by Paypal. Might just order from DS Tactical in BC or get it from another place in Canada.

Edited by Ace of Spades

You're OC lets you wear a Secret Squirrel patch?! You lucky SOB!

And yeah, their new designer is Matt Fisher, USMC (ret.) and he's done one hell of a job taking input from soldiers and turning it into the right kit. Before they hired the new staff they were going wayside and seemed like they were gearing towards paintballers and the like.

Oh, and I'd suggest grabbing a piece of OD hook velcro for the IFAK and just writing your zap number and the cross on it...just a bit more tactical since it won't peel off ;)

I sometimes wear it, but mostly it goes off in favor of an IR Canadian Flag (Which got jacked by another OCdt.... I hate army dudes lol). My OC does not mind me wearing it, but only when he is wearing the one I gave him ^_^. He is usually like "Hey hey, it lets other trades know what we do..."

Good catch on the zap number. I actually have a cannibalized name tape from the pre-OD and blue ones now used by the AF, that I riped the velcro off of. I was going to write it on the IFAK itself, but then realized that I might be lending it to some one deploying, it would be best to make it removable. All the deploying I will get to do for the next 5 years is deploying my books and computer in the lecture halls -_-.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers guys will be alot more to show once my CP-gear replacements come =I

6ft4 you look to have the same problem as me (im also 6 foot 4) in-which with being tall and slim only large BDU's will fit and they tend to look a little baggy.

6ft4: Looks amazing. I don't know much about CADPAT rigs, but yours seems to be riding a little low; lots of upper chest showing.

BTW, are you 6' 4" or is there some other reason for your name? I've always wondered...

yes, the rig is riding alittle bit low. due to the hot and wet weather in Hong Kong.

yes my height is 6ft4 when i was 16 years old. That's why most of my fds call me "6ft4" instead of my real name.

Cheers guys will be alot more to show once my CP-gear replacements come =I

6ft4 you look to have the same problem as me (im also 6 foot 4) in-which with being tall and slim only large BDU's will fit and they tend to look a little baggy.

That's a good news that u are the CF gear collector too!

Yes, we have the similar problems.

Depends on the cutting of the clothes, I ususally need X-Large and X Long all time.

but that size is hard to get.

yes, the rig is riding alittle bit low. due to the hot and wet weather in Hong Kong.

yes my height is 6ft4 when i was 16 years old. That's why most of my fds call me "6ft4" instead of my real name.

That's a good news that u are the CF gear collector too!

Yes, we have the similar problems.

Depends on the cutting of the clothes, I ususally need X-Large and X Long all time.

but that size is hard to get.

Tell me about it. I'm 6ft5, and I need XXL < XL fits but the shirts are slightly too short.

You guys got ###### on me, I'm 6'7"...lucky short sods :P

Don't fret though, I was always able to find CADPAT in my size through lots of looking and using some of my sources. 7638 and 7838 aren't sizes you come across too often ;)

I'm going to take a logical guess and answer for Drake. Its a Tiger Tactical one from the look of the gut straps. Good quality, but a bit on the expensive side at 150$.

http://getsometactical.ca/index.php?option...8&Itemid=28

NavyMP, one word... Strings... Might want to cut the lower ones off or tie and tuck them.

Edited by Ace of Spades

Experimented with ODing an old set of boots:

ODboots2.jpg

ODboots3.jpg

ODboots1.jpg

I want to do the same thing to an older pair of US Jungle boots. that way the fabric sides are already OD. I would rather have OD boots...but I have yet to find any. A pair of OD suedes similar to desrt boots would be titties. If anyone knows where to get anything like that let me know..would appreciate it.

Haven't seen any boots myself in all on green, save for the Foliage ABU boots.

There are however sets of combat boots in a CADPAT print that went out a couple years back as trial kit. Same idea as the CADPAT gloves though and through use it would 'fade'. You may still be able to find them through surplus and gov't suppliers.

IIRC they are still continueing the idea, but I've yet to see any recent activity :P