CADPAT Picture Thread

Dont the Eariler CF vests have od straps at the back and non cadpat mesh ?

The trial TV's went through 3 stages.

First one was OD to get all the kinks out. Easy to produce and field.

Second was a 'let's show off CADPAT' model. You can see these on the CTS website and they were the first ones to use CADPAT. The only thing was all the webbing and trimming was also CADPAT and these faded quite fast leaving light green outlines on the vest.

Third one was the production/issue vest with OD web and trim and CADPAT...everything else.

There is a repro vest as I said from Parklands, that uses the OD mesh though.

Hey Lerch, you do still got the pic of how to turn the Tunic's collar into a mandarin one?

I wish I did, but the picture is long gone. If I could get my hands on another shirt then I'd easily be able to do it again.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't call it licensed...more copyrighted...ya know?

DND (Department of National Defense) holds copyrights to the CADPAT pattern. Any companies (CPGear, Tactical Tailor, ESSTac, etc..) wishing to make equipment in the proper CADPAT pattern have to go through DND to gain permission. The requirements are that the equipment is not copying an NSN product and that it will be sold professionaly.

There are other companies though, such as Parkland and Arktis, that sell products with a CADPAT-esque pattern and avoid the copyright by using different colors and not producing anything CF pattern.

Come to think of it, I think that knockoff TV comes from HK...I'll have to check into that one...

Edited by Lerch

Lerch, so the current issue TV has OD webbing and CADPAT pouches? Then the replica is close to real look then? I currently has the ARKTIS and I like it alot but want a CF style vest. Also thanks alot for the info on the helmet, I guess the current issue US ARMY helmet the ACH will look that part with a CADPAT cover and SCRIM on it.

Too add to what Lerch pointed out with the "copyright" on the CADPAT, only Canadian based and owned companies can obtain permits to procure the CADPAT material.

Now all of the HSGI, Tactical Taylor and Esstac gear in ether TW or AR is all by special order with Dave's Tactical in British Columbia (Western most province of Canada), who has rights to procure the material.

If you have the material already, I would not worry about copyright laws, since they mostly regulate where the stuff goes, once it reaches the procurer, they don't really worry (from my experience).

I wish I did, but the picture is long gone. If I could get my hands on another shirt then I'd easily be able to do it again.

Dam, thats a shame, my non-issue gen 3 tunic is going under the knife this March Break and was hoping for a good look at how to make the mandarin collar. By the end, it should kinda look like its RAID.

Lerch, so the current issue TV has OD webbing and CADPAT pouches? Then the replica is close to real look then? I currently has the ARKTIS and I like it alot but want a CF style vest. Also thanks alot for the info on the helmet, I guess the current issue US ARMY helmet the ACH will look that part with a CADPAT cover and SCRIM on it.

Well, by webbing I mean the straps on it. The second trial actually had CADPAT dyed webbing. But yes, the webbing is OD and the mesh is CADPAT. So except for the material used the replica is the exact same.

Aswell with the MICH helmet, I'd advise you to buy some little adhesive velcro pads otherwise you won't be able to fit the cover and net properly. There's little plastic tabs that stick into the regular leather suspension on the CF helmets. So if you want to attach them to the MICH you'll need to do it with the velcro that holds the pads in.

Dam, thats a shame, my non-issue gen 3 tunic is going under the knife this March Break and was hoping for a good look at how to make the mandarin collar. By the end, it should kinda look like its RAID.

If you want to send me one I can do it up and send it back to you ;)

And I should have noted that about the copyright. It only applies if you're mass-producing something. IF you have your own material and want to make things for yourself, then have at 'er.

I'm actually in the middle of modifing my own BDU's aswell.

I'm moving the lowest pockets to the arms and added velco panels, Then lastly slanting both breast pockets.

Nothing fancy.

My teams mates have all done the same and by the looks of it all of us will have full CF loadouts for phoenix rising, Hopfully we're the only ones there wearing it. =D

Oh, I'm guessing you've all got Frontenac and not the issued combats?

:P

When I had my stuff, I'd done all sorts of things to the shirt. Like moving the inner pockets from the waist to the sleeves and adding 2x3 velcro to the flaps to attach large IR flags. That and making the mandarin collar..which was removed shortly after because I just didn't like it :P

My current set was bought off flecktarn.co.uk but I do have an old set of issued bdu's but they're really faded.

Just orded few more bits from wheelers including a calapseable canteen for the CF vest cargo pouch.

I'll take pics of everythig when it arrives.

I dont think anywhere makes a cadpat CIRAS.

However iirc DI tactical sell HSGI Warlord V3's and weesatch/woosatchs in cadpat aswell as arid.

Other than that you can try wheelers/CP Gear for lighter rigs.

EDIT: DS tactical also do an HSGI Denali in cadpat if you like that sort of thing.

Edited by -Drake-

Well, since I promised to show the mods that I have done to my tunic, might as well show some.

Please forgive the bad lighting, its dark right now.

DCP_3678.jpg

Closer look at the mandarin collar mod

DCP_3679.jpg

Arm pockets... These are just a temp job as I am waiting for Velcro to arrive.

DCP_3680.jpg

Its not done yet (as you can see there is till a bunch of sewing pins all over it and I'm waiting on my order of 2' and 3' OD Velcro to arrive from DIY Tactical, since in my infinite wisdom I believed that the fabric stores in the biggest city in Canada would carry it...

Navymp28: Thanks for the praise. It my first time really doing any big mods to my gear in a while, so I'm a bit rusty with the sewing machine.

Yea, thats going to be done soon too. I'm going to cut and reshape the ends of the collar and put on the flap.

I'm also mulling over moving breast pockets to facing outwards like Spec War Gear does with there RAID system. Ive already chopped them off and removed the bellowing, and have yet to sew them back on.

Got a couple of request on more details what I did to the frankenTunic...

1. Sewed the edge of the collar onto the base and added velcro to close. To be reshaped and ACU style flap added.

2. Removed both lower pockets (inside and outside)

3. Removed all buttons on front of tunic and replaced with velcro to reduce the pressure points caused when wearing armor

4. Removed the breast pockets and taken away the bellowing. Still to be determined is the direction these pockets will face.

5. Removed bellowing from inside bottom pockets and moved to arms. Yet to attach velcro as I am waiting for the correct size.

6. Second band of velcro added to front of tunic.

Edited by Ace of Spades