TM Hi-Capa 5.1 not cocking (SOLVED. Please delete)

Grumman

Hi all.

I stripped my 5.1 down and seperated the frame from the grip to sand the grip down to the bare metal.

The hammer stays cocked when the frame is seperated but when I try and fix it back to the grip the action is effectively fired off and the hammer moves to the forward position. Whilst the frame is seated correctly in the grip the hammer may be cocked back but will not stay in the cocked position. Almost as if the catch which usually holds it back is not contacting with the correct part.

I think it may have something to do with part no# H51-46 (in the hammer assembly) and part H51-69 (the metal 'strips' in the rear of the grip)

I feel I should point out, although I doubt it has any play in the matter that the gun is dry as a bone, void of all lube at the moment as it's been stripped down.

Help much appreciated, cheers.

Never mind, problem solved. :)

at least not as painful as cqb last nite.. >_<

Those accursed leaf-spring prongs are blimmin finicky if people are not aware of em.

I know the TM systems have that little notch for the base to go into, but I don't recall if the WA series it em or the Maruzen series has it too?

Archived