Systema M4 PTW MAX(2008)

loosing the followers from your mags is one of the best things you can do, they can lead to jams inside the mags that are a pita to clear, usually involving stripping the mags down.

pop a few black or coloured bb's in there instead to let you know that mag is empty.

So the followers are what tell the PTW computer that the mag is empty right? So with those gone, once the mag is empty, you just dry fire? To me, one of the biggest allures of the PTW was that the gun stops shooting when the mag was empty. Can't tell you how many times I've rushed and took out a guy when his AEG dry fired signaling an empty mag.

So the followers are what tell the PTW computer that the mag is empty right? So with those gone, once the mag is empty, you just dry fire? To me, one of the biggest allures of the PTW was that the gun stops shooting when the mag was empty. Can't tell you how many times I've rushed and took out a guy when his AEG dry fired signaling an empty mag.

Nah its got nothing to do with the follower (black nipple thing), all they're saying is that if you load a full 120 mag up with the follower still in the mag, it doesnt feed correctly, if at all. At the rear of the magazine there is a bit of plastic which flips up to cut the circuit when the mag is empty.

..what are the chances of us ever seeing ACM PTW-type weapons? I like the tech innovations they have made, but I'm no fan of the price tag or the (from what I've heard) shoddy metals used. Once i get university&army done however I can see myself buying something like this, when I have a steady paycheck that is :)

Hopefully never.

The quality of the main parts of the gun, ie the receiver is pretty terrible. If the chinese clone it you can bet your *albatross* its going to be worse. The chinese definitely have the technology available and the capabilities to clone Systemas product i just dont think they can do it on the cheap. I could be wrong about that or they simply dont have enough skilled laborers to perform the cloning.

I really doubt it will ever be cloned. I know that even at a 500 dollar price tag i wouldnt buy one simply because the originals werent good enough for me.

Edited by Magsz