Steyr AUG FAQ and Helpdesk

Hedganian

Well, what I'm doing is super gluing two shaped pieces of plasticard to part ST-20 ( the rear one being a simple rectangle, and the front one having to be shaped around the trigger bar thing) I'll post up a photo when it's done, in about two weeks time.

Also... anyone know where to get hold of a replacement rear sling loop ( ST-22 or AU-22)? As mine decided to take its leave at Longmoor.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, he is a bloke, called leonard, who lives in Japan.

Basically you e-mail him what you need, he goes down to the factory and asks for the bits in Japanese, it is about the only way to get them.

He can get any TM part given time and many others. He can't get WA parts though, they are <illegitimate> about supplying parts.

Hmm, since my CA AUG now seems to have a FUBAR nozzle, I was wondering if aftermarket nozzles have the same problem of misfitment like on the CA36 series? I was thinking to fit a Guarder airseal AUG nozzle.

Thanks!

bbs falling into the body or the mek is a common occurence on the BE AUGS. any easy way to prevent this? a DIY, maybe?

Tokyo Marui does it by putting foam inserts at the front and back of the magazine well which effectively blocks bbs from going into the body.

*edit*

it looks to be held with double sided tape or some sort of rubbery adhesive.

I'd concur, cos I was under the impression that there were no Australian airsoft companies out there :P

Keeping on topic, Leonardinjapan@hotmail.com is a godsend to people with Marui guns and Marui clones... one rear sling loop incoming to me now, although the price was a bit steep at 28 USD ( but hooray for exchange rates).

Another question: Where can you buy all the internals for the uppers ( I.e bolt, rods, springs etc)? As I notice the AUG A3 ( esque, for Hedganians sake :P ) kit doesn't come with any of it... whereas I'd want to be able to keep my AUG modular.

I may have a spare civvy receiver for sale in a few days...

Bear in mind that the A3esque kit makes the barrel and receiver all one piece (and you need a 500mm inner barrel for it, too). My advice would be to get a cheapy AUG Civ from the For Sale section and use that. Either keep the stock and gearbox for spares or sell it on to someone.

Failing that, you just answered your own question - Leonardinjapan. Would probably be quite pricey to get all the receiver parts you'd need, but if they can do it, you should be able to get everything you'd need.

Hmm, since my CA AUG now seems to have a FUBAR nozzle, I was wondering if aftermarket nozzles have the same problem of misfitment like on the CA36 series? I was thinking to fit a Guarder airseal AUG nozzle.

Thanks!

Sorry to bring up my post from the previous page. Going to order a Guarder one pretty soon so it would be good to be sure (since their G36 for example has a different nozzle).

Some versions have an ALO or "automatic lockout", a small projection at the base of the trigger. In the exposed position the ALO stops the trigger being squeezed past the single shot position. If needed, the ALO can be pushed up to permit automatic fire

+++ from Manual of the Steyr rifle, Irish Defence Forces via a wiki page.

learned about it from an ausGov page on the rifle sometime ago, IIRC, but it seems to be down now.

:)

Nope, NZ Steyr IW (which is the same as the Aussies AFAIK) DO have a fire selector. Push the safety half way, and it is semi-auto ONLY. On auto setting (fully pushed the safety to the left), half pull is semi, full pull is auto.

Its actually quite easy to this selector to the airsoft Steyr all you need is a dremel and a small needle file.

http://airsoftnz.co.nz/forums/imagehosting...d675738609c.jpg

All that is required is to dremel the safety blocker to allow the trigger to travel backwards to half way (for semi), while the needle file carves out the notch where the safety would sit on at medium setting. Its a piece of cake to do.

An interesting mod, but I'm not sure of the value of it, personally. I don't find it hard to avoid "accidental" full-auto fire with the standard two-stage trigger as per the TM or CA AEGs.

Might be worth doing as a project or something, but not something I would use myself.

Tokyo Marui does it by putting foam inserts at the front and back of the magazine well which effectively blocks bbs from going into the body.

*edit*

it looks to be held with double sided tape or some sort of rubbery adhesive.

got my jg a1 yesterday

just wanted to notice that this foam is also on this part:

tm_augst15.jpg

and here:

tm_augst20.jpg

i just cut out a square piece of foam and glued it in there

• 3 weeks later...

My AUG has feed problems. What could be the cause?

Well, there are a few things it could be. Most likely, the plastic feed nozzle has been damaged. Replace it with the metal feed nozzle and you should see an improvement. If that doesn't fix it, check your hop-up unit for damage. I recommend replacing the stock plastic one with the all-metal PDC one. UN Company in Hong Kong are still carrying this part. If that doesn't do the trick, it could be a problem with your air nozzle. Try replacing it with a metal one, as the plastic ones can be damaged if you swap the barrel section a lot. If none of that fixes it, try changing the magazine you're using.

I agree that the fire selector mod might be useless for some, and isn't the most realistic, but at a couple places around here we have to be Semi only indoors, and in the heat of battle I wouldn't trust myself to only pull the trigger halfway. If someone jumps out at me, I'm going to try to pull that trigger back to the magazine well!

Archived