Steyr AUG FAQ and Helpdesk

Hedganian

I've got an aug "A3" from jg, fitted with a 650mm inner barrel and has an 8" silencer on the front of it so it looks very similar to the one above. I've even got that exact scope! but don't be tempted to put it on the aug as it looks ugly as sin. I'll post pictures later of different scope combo's on the a3 if you want.

Oh and for tho's that want to know the 650mm barrel doesn't make that much difference over stock length in terms of accuracy, but it does make the weapon sound awsome when fired. Almost systema like.

K_K

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've got an aug "A3" from jg, fitted with a 650mm inner barrel and has an 8" silencer on the front of it so it looks very similar to the one above. I've even got that exact scope! but don't be tempted to put it on the aug as it looks ugly as sin. I'll post pictures later of different scope combo's on the a3 if you want.

Oh and for tho's that want to know the 650mm barrel doesn't make that much difference over stock length in terms of accuracy, but it does make the weapon sound awsome when fired. Almost systema like.

K_K

Yeah, pics would be great. What kind of range do you get? I'm a little worried that it might be to strong, I was thinking of having something more around the 400fps mark.

Yes it is possible. No, it would not be awesome.

In YOUR opinion. I personally prefer aug mags, both for look and function. But surely customising RIF's is about the users personal tastes? If he thinks its awesome then don't slate it. After all it's his gun.

I thought this was a helpdesk <_<

K_K

Indeed it is. Your questions answered. If you don't like the answers, that's your problem, not mine. Feel free to go elsewhere, if you wish.

This thread has only one purpose - to be somewhere for me to direct the many people asking me the same questions over and over again. It was not intended to be - and should not be - a place for discussions beyond those which directly inform the topic. Due to numerous posts only slightly on topic, or just completely off-topic, actual information is now hard to find in here than it should be. Unfortunately, I can't go through and clean it up, not being a Mod. I'd therefore thank you not to spam up the thread any more. If you don't like what you see, look elsewhere.

Of course this is just personal tastes, but for me, its a way to use my STANAG mags on a future AUG instead of buying more mags. thats why I would like to know how is this possible :)

Why would you not asked the forum user who said he's nearly finished his conversion how he did it? :unsure:

You asked if it was possible. I answered - yes, it is possible. Steyr even make a real steel conversion to the NATO standard mags, so I heartily approve of this idea, as it's realistic. As opposed to the Phantom Kit, which isn't. <_< But that doesn't make it awesome, since the Steyr AUG mags are better than STANAG mags.

I'll say it again - if you're not got a question or an answer, don't spam up my thread with your whining. Thanks.

EDIT: Spam posts will be reported to Mods. It's nothing to do with your opinions, or mine, it's to do with keeping the thread tidy so that people can find information they need.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I just have a couple of quick questions about the JG aug military.

I was thinking about getting one and have done a few searches around the internet but I wanted to know if there are any "issues" that the JG suffers with? over say the CA or TM's?

Also is the scope as bad as is made out? I've heard horror stories of the crosshairs being 'off' and 'broken'. If I do get a dud scope, can it be fixed? (I like the look of the military over the flat top version)

Oh and compatibility of batteries and magazines? Does the JG have a mini battery with mini tamya connectors? And does it accept TM/CA magazines?

Thanks!

Hey guys I was considering using a JG AUG A2 as a platform for my planned DMR project. Is there any way to make an AUG semi only? Will the trigger be.. sloppy, for lack of a better term if I did said mod? Lastly, are there any structural faults I should know about with the AUG?

[EDIT] Hahah one more question, are there any company still manufactures a police/carbine length barrel for the AUG?

Good luck finding a JG AUG A2. No one makes an airsoft replica of the A2. If you mean the AUG A1 SR with the scope rail, then you're in luck, as they do make those.

The answers to all your other questions are already in this thread, if I recall correctly. Please read through the thread before asking questions to save time and needless repitition of the same information over and over again.

Good luck finding a JG AUG A2. No one makes an airsoft replica of the A2. If you mean the AUG A1 SR with the scope rail, then you're in luck, as they do make those.

The answers to all your other questions are already in this thread, if I recall correctly. Please read through the thread before asking questions to save time and needless repitition of the same information over and over again.

Sure chief. I realize the JG's 'A2' isn't a completely accurate replica but really now?

Hi I just have a couple of quick questions about the JG aug military.

I was thinking about getting one and have done a few searches around the internet but I wanted to know if there are any "issues" that the JG suffers with? over say the CA or TM's?

Also is the scope as bad as is made out? I've heard horror stories of the crosshairs being 'off' and 'broken'. If I do get a dud scope, can it be fixed? (I like the look of the military over the flat top version)

Oh and compatibility of batteries and magazines? Does the JG have a mini battery with mini tamya connectors? And does it accept TM/CA magazines?

Thanks!

that was more than two questions :)

Crosshairs can be adjusted - all you do is pull it apart and reset the cross-hair.

Issues that the JG suffers are that god-awful trigger system - you should also buy a GG V3 trigger so you can replace that piece of moldy cheese that JG uses.

Battery it takes is a mini and it comes with a mini battery with mini connectors and a mini fuse as well as mini mag.. *ahem* magazines can be interchanged.

Hey guys I was considering using a JG AUG A2 as a platform for my planned DMR project. Is there any way to make an AUG semi only? Will the trigger be.. sloppy, for lack of a better term if I did said mod? Lastly, are there any structural faults I should know about with the AUG?

[EDIT] Hahah one more question, are there any company still manufactures a police/carbine length barrel for the AUG?

I think evike has the carbine length. The foregrip wobbles a bit and loading nozzle, where you load the mag, becomes messed up after a while.

:rolleyes:

I am replacing the foregrip on my TM Aug Civi.

The one that came with it was secured with a bolt and was the wrong colour (OD)

Well I have found a used black foregrip with base plate, spring and pin.

I cant work out how to assemble this item.

I figured the spring somehow goes into the forgrip and attaches to the base plate but cannot work out what it connects to. I am guessing once this is done, one secures the forgrip to the gun with the supplied pin.

Anyone help me?

Regards,

Wayne

Ahhh, I worked it out, the spring goes into the handle pin and you put the stock pin where it connects to the body. Then tension the spring from the bottom of the foregrip and attach the foregrip base plate to the spring. Thus the handle is able to be moved and the stock pin is held in place by the spring.

Thanks!

Archived