Steyr AUG FAQ and Helpdesk

Hedganian

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The CA has a fixed gas plug? Mine doesn't.... It's not the same as the TM one, though, if that's what you mean. I prefer the TM one, once it's been epoxied into place so it can't get lost... I don't know about the JG, sorry.

Wally - Haven't seen any better pics of the trigger mech, sorry...

How odd... both my CA front sets definitely have permanently fixed gasplugs (I know one was bought by me from new, no clue about the other one!)...

I know it's different to the TM too - the TM has markings for the gas system settings, while the CA doesn't, and the CA has AUG marking s ans a serial number...

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the answers!

Whats wrong with the trigger system that the JG has?....mouldy cheese???

Yeah, I just got my JG AUG A3 and the trigger is acting funny on it. Works fine if I pull it all the way back for full auto, but if I just pull a little for semi it freezes up. I played with it and it seems like the trigger doesn't push back out, I can manually pull it out and it will fire fine then. Is there anything to fix this or do I have to replace the whole trigger?

Trevador - try replacing the spring inside the trigger assembly with a stronger one.

Leon - no idea. I assume it's possible to get hold of them, if you can find someone selling them. Like Evike in the US, for example... (Downside is that they have stupid shipping policies for outside the US)

Yeah, I just got my JG AUG A3 and the trigger is acting funny on it. Works fine if I pull it all the way back for full auto, but if I just pull a little for semi it freezes up. I played with it and it seems like the trigger doesn't push back out, I can manually pull it out and it will fire fine then. Is there anything to fix this or do I have to replace the whole trigger?

Usually when the trigger seems to get stuck, there's a BB blocking the trigger. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Sigh...

Managed to break the brittle plastic plate that goes behind the gearbox (essentially pushing the GB far enough forward to actually give any discernable air seal or trigger response) and am in need of a replacement. Does anyone have any info as to where I could source a new one or how I might go about reliably fabricating one?

Cheers,

- Gaz

Make another out of alloy plate, like this...

AUGplate1.jpg

Stick the original together to use as a template.

I can make you one if you want, for a small charge.

Or I have the CA one here that I replaced with that alloy plate.

It has one of the lugs broken off and a couple of cracks at one of the screw holes, neither of which should affect it's usefulness.

AUGplate1-1.jpg

PM me and we'll haggle ;)

someone asked about loss of fps, when replacinig the hop unit to a pgc. Well I experienced this in my Tm and the problem was .The shoulder in the hop chamber didn't match up with the shoulder on the nozzel .To rectify this a the guy who fixed it had to drill a small amount out the chamber to let the nozzel further foward.

also anybody with a loose upper receiver .Put a screw in the front of the rather minimal plastic lug thats molded into the lower receiver. It gives the upper reciver something much more solid to latch onto. Excuse the blury pic bit you get the idea.

DSC00695.jpg

another cheap and effective mod I did to my pgc hop .Is to add a thin rubber washer between the dial and the nut that holds it. Set the hop and tighten it up, remembering to hold the dial as it will shift if you don't. And you hop will hopefully never slip.

DSC00697.jpg

Nice simple little mods heroshark.

They're usually the most satisfying ;) .

How deep is the socket for that lug?

Would there be any advantage in making a longer extention for it, maybe a few thou' thicker?

*Eyes up Lathe*

about a half inch, be very doable :) .Although the perchace of the screw head is enough, even a small one

oooh someone with a PGC hop ive been toying about with getting one for ages. so a few questions, how do they compare to the original? taking those mods into consideration what nozzle did you use and what is the seal like between the two? Did you notice an increase in fps, range or accuracy? also another Q i have a Prometheus O-ring nozzle in my JG AUG, it has very poor compression with my Element silent cylinder head is there a better compression set up out there for the aug? bear in mind i will be sorbothaning the piston and cylinder heads.

Compared to the original perfomance wise theres little difference ,I've also used the g&p one . Their all much of a muchness. The pgc one just seems like a more solid peice of kit though .I've not had it in long .I've just got the standard tm nozzel in mine. I didn't do the work on it, so I don't realy know .I was stumped by the fps decrease when I swapped to the pgc ,and sent my gun off as it needed a bit of tlc any way, and i don't realy do gb work .I ended up just buying a new gun in the end ,as it wasn't much more to get the new gun ,especialy with the part excange they offered .I ran the previous aug for 8 years unopened with an m100 ,metal bearings ,and a tb psg1 barrel .Added a g&p hop later .So as you might imagine it was well worn ,but its a real tesiment to how durable the tm augs are. So I got the new ones gb upgraded the same ,and the barrel/hop are off the old gun. If I didn't try swap the g&p to the pgc I wouldn'd have had any of this expense .I would have just ran the old one into the ground ,might have lasted another year or so ,who knows ? I figure now, if it ain't broke don't try fix it :rolleyes:

Archived