Steyr AUG FAQ and Helpdesk

Hedganian

The rear sling loops are held on the inside with a C-clip. It's a bit fiddly, but possible to remove from inside the back of the stock. A screwdriver and a pair of needle-nose pliers are all the tools you'll need. Simply pry the C-clip off the post (don't lose it) and the swivel post should pull out.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, I'll give it a go tonight.

Also, kudos for the fast response :)

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

This news raises mixed feelings - it's good that TM are starting to make new AUGs and copy some of the newer Steyr designs...

The three-stage safety and A2-style cocking handle are excellent moves also - at least these should be easier to obtain now.

On the other hand, why do they insist on starting with the ugliest ones? Wish they'd produce the A3-SF. Now *THAT* is a beautiful AUG.

It also makes me wonder why they'd choose to copy a 9mm AUG without making a 9mm magwell for it - they even removed the gas plug, so it is definitely a 9mm replica with a 5.56mm mag on it, and that makes no sense.

All things being equal - I'd still buy this. I wonder when it's going to be available in my favourite airsoft shops...

Doc - Do me a favour and write a "How to fit a Mosfet to your AUG" guide...?

Will do sometime Hed.

Only AUG I have to hand at the moment is my Son's JG A3 (yeah, I know), and they come with a MOSFET pre-installed.

It's about time I slung an AUG together though, I think I have enough spare parts knocking around to build a complete one now.

If I haven't, my eldest Son is out in HK for a few more days...:P

I'm sure I probably need to send you all my AEGs again to get them all back up and running...

And to think someone in another thread moaned about how reliable AEGs were... Well, not mine!

And if you've got spare barrel parts, you should probably send them to me, I always need barrel parts for Project AUG. I took the Para/Commando barrel apart to make the 9mm barrel and haven't got around to replacing the missing parts.

• 1 month later...

I figured this might be the right place to ask...

I'm looking for open-top MOLLE pouches that will fit AUG mags. I've been looking at this but I've heard they're a really tight fit. http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2730

However I have been told that this one will fit them just fine. http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=4629

What do you guys use?

I use issue British DPM ammo pouches - they hold three AUG mags no problem. Other pouches should be okay, but you may have to store the mags upside down, so that the wider base lip is not in the pouch.

The two pouches you linked to look exactly the same to me...

Sorry I can't be of more help in this matter.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone. I have a CA AUG A2 and need some advise on a few things.

What I've done so far... Well I bought and installed a Guarder SP150 FTK but, because of being in Canada, downgraded the spring to a M120. The kit included a "Infinite Torque" set of gears. I knew it was going to drop my rate of fire and it did big time. The gun is still running of the standard 8.4v mini battery. I want to bring my rate of fire back up as well as getting a better trigger response/action.

I know there are a few post on this but they all seem to be back in 2008 and I'm sure there's new stuff out there. So I'm looking into installing a MOSFET and one of those 220000uf capacitors as well as changing over to 11.1v LiPos. I'm pretty sure with those infinite torque gears can take the LiPos, I'm just worried about my mechbox and my motor somewhat.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

When you say correrct angle of engagement are you talking about how the tappet plate moves with the sector gear, cause if you I made mine so when the piston is full forward my tappet plate is as well as the air nozzle, and as the piston starts to move back so does the tappet plate and air nozzle. I'm not even sure it that's how it should be but it has always worked good.

Anyways what is a good MOSFET for an AUG. I've read a lot of good things about the ASCU V2 but that's only for mechbox V2.

Perfect that's what I have going on too

At exactly the twelve o'clock position, mind. Most stock AEGs have an Angle Of Engagement that is slightly premature, this is fixed by adding washers of lightweight material between piston head and piston, effectively moving the piston backwards a few mm when seated fully forward in the cylinder. It also involves removing the second piston tooth, and in most cases, shortening the third. I just cut the second and third teeth at an angle that clears the incoming first sector gear tooth.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

hey there, fellow AUGbrothers,

I'm looking for a one or two-wire MOSFET diagram of a finished AUG with CLEAR pictures. It seems the rest of the internet is terminally retarded when it comes to taking any kinds of pictures of a finished product.

I'd really prefer to do this the right way the first time, and a clear picture of a wiring diagram (not something someone drew on MS Paint) would be immensely helpful.

Thanks in advance, as always.

• 1 month later...

hey there, fellow AUGbrothers,

I'm looking for a one or two-wire MOSFET diagram of a finished AUG with CLEAR pictures. It seems the rest of the internet is terminally retarded when it comes to taking any kinds of pictures of a finished product.

I'd really prefer to do this the right way the first time, and a clear picture of a wiring diagram (not something someone drew on MS Paint) would be immensely helpful.

Thanks in advance, as always.

Like this?

IMAG0382.jpg

No, because that's not a wiring diagram. It's a photograph of a bunch of wires going into a piece of black heat-shrink. It doesn't tell anyone anything about the connections, and is therefore useless as far as helping someone wiring up a mosfet correctly goes.

Sorry.

But honestly, if you want help wiring a mosfet, ask in the mosfet thread. That's what it's there for.

My AUG has been misfeeding every shot lately. I think I've narrowed it down. The backplate that holds the gearbox tight is either warped or is just not doing its job anymore. I noticed this because I can shift the gearbox around even when the backplate is tightened all the way.

Does anyone know where a a spare can be bought?

Archived