Steyr AUG FAQ and Helpdesk

Hedganian

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a problem with my tm aug a2 that is causing misfeeding on auto .

If I pull the receiver towards the stock it feeds perfectly but as soon as I let go it fires the bbs but misfires every 10 or so bbs . There seems to be a couple of mm movement between the stock and receiver when locked in place

I tried a jg a3 front end and the gap is tighter and it feeds perfectly , is there any way to take up the gap on the tm reciever or is there another issue here I am missing ??

It could be gearbox migration - open up the back end and check that the plastic plate behind the gearbox is fastened tightly in place. If it is, then remove it and add some shims to the back of the gearbox to push it further forwards when the plate is screwed back into place.

If that's not it, check that your hop up unit is not damaged, too loose or otherwise in the wrong place. Also check the hop bucking.

Random question. Would a KA phantom kit fit on a TM AUG HC?

Looks like the upper rail would interfere with it.. Not sure though and don't have any AUG parts to hand..

Another question regarding the HC, is the upper rail block removable from the barrel assembly? I cannot seem to find any take down guides or detailed images to help my thoughts.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

A couple of questions to throw out to you guys

1 . Will the later aug hc trigger / fire selector fit in an ordinary tm aug / the one with the auto lock off / safety

2 . Is there an significant gains / loses to be had by fitting the later eg 1000 motor ? As mine has the eg700 motor fitted . Wondering what the differences are between the two ?

3 , bore up kits ??? Do they improve or lessen the gun

1 . Will the later aug hc trigger / fire selector fit in an ordinary tm aug / the one with the auto lock off / safety

I have never seen the HC trigger/safety, but it is super easy to mod the standard safety to get this functionality. Pictures are in this thread I believe.

Random question. Would a KA phantom kit fit on a TM AUG HC?

Looks like the upper rail would interfere with it.. Not sure though and don't have any AUG parts to hand..

Another question regarding the HC, is the upper rail block removable from the barrel assembly? I cannot seem to find any take down guides or detailed images to help my thoughts.

Cheers

In answer to my question and hopefully for somebody's use in the future.

It will not fit without two significant mods.

1: You need the very front block from a standard Aug (with the gas tube etc) - The bit that comes off when you disconnect the barrel.

2: You need to dremel the top rail significantly to accomodate the fat supressor.

Does anybody have number 1 for sale?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived