• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rofl :lol:

Well I did say that I would still contribute to the forums, there is a wealth of gear/ other stuff crammed into my noggin - I would very much dislike for that to go to waste :)

It's a bit like the question 'is Kliskey leaving airsoft or not'. Apparrently no-one knows. :P

Seriously though, it'll be happening over this weekend, as and when real life allows me time to make the changes. :)

I just wanted to throw my .02 in here, in regards to BUYERS and people new to the hobby.

I've been into airsoft off and on for a few years, but not very seriously. Last fall I decided I really wanted to take the plunge, so I'm in the process now of trying to pick up all my kit, weapons, accesories, etc. I am on a few of the US forums, learning, reading, generally increasing knowledge, but also, to buy used kit.

"Why not just go and buy all new gear?" Well, because I can save a few dollars to be blunt. Yes, the new gear is mostly available from different sources. Yes, I have learned what (and more importantly) what NOT to buy from reading all the different threads. But if I can find it used, save some bucks, AND know it has been used with success by other people? I say HECK YEAH!! A lot of the things that are for sale (more than people might think) are things that are basically being passed around. Why is this happening? BECAUSE ITS GOOD KIT!!!!

The main reason I am adding +1 post here (to get to my 100) is a lot of people around the globe know Arnie's is the place to go. I hear from a lot of people "Oh, this and that are for sale right now on Arnie's" Oops, I can't go look there. I do understand the problem with sellers, but while you are cutting down on the scammers, there are a lot of people like myself, who don't have anything to really contribute YET to existing threads, who are being denied an opportunity to get involved, plus good reliable buyers being directed here.

Is there some way to allow people to browse, but deny them STARTING threads in the FOR SALE section? That way, if something is for sale, they could still try to buy it, build up their reputation AND their thread count, but still be blocked from possible scamming.

And, of course, you could always change the name to US Sales : Caveat Emptor

:bye1:

Edited by EdrrakNolat

ha, Caveat Emptor. didnt think i would ever hear that outside my law class.

making the sale forums viewable/browseable to new members defeats the purpose; scammers could still get a hold of members that want to trade guns and scam that way, so nope. ;)

we dont expect all new members to have great advice and deep inspirations but there are lots of different forums here for all experiences; Newbie Discussion, Technical Discussion, Gear Discussion, etc etc. so people should not have any problem finding a place to fit in :)

since the only points that are being brought have already been brought up, im gonna go ahead and lock this to prevent people from spamming just to get their post up (not that anyone would do that :rolleyes: )