Armalite Pictures

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nice one doc- I'm about to succumb to the dark side and buy myself a CA m15a2 (well, no-one seems forthcoming in making me an SLR for a sane price)- couldn't deside on whether to get the carbine or the rifle, but seeing your a4 rifle reminds me that occasionally bigger is better :)

now, wheres me credit card...

Crossposting from "pictures of your weapon"

Eotech 552, baby.

normal_Picture%20002~0.jpg

normal_Picture%20005.jpg

The nicest Armalite I've EVER seen:

<Stupid images>

Would you mind turning 180 degrees, and walking the direction you came from?

Thanks.

Edited by TMC

TMC is in the EOTech club now!

unimatrix, you probably heard they got lose from some real-steel reports. With airsoft your gun will fall off the EOTech before the EOTech falls off your gun ;) The thumb screw worked great for me. I just use the hex one cause it looks cooler and I never move the sight around at all. I know they have a QD mount for it too which uses like a throw lever type thing:

ggg-1190.jpg

Id get one if I actually had a use for it.

unimatrix, you probably heard they got lose from some real-steel reports. With airsoft your gun will fall off the EOTech before the EOTech falls off your gun ;) The thumb screw worked great for me. I just use the hex one cause it looks cooler and I never move the sight around at all. I know they have a QD mount for it too which uses like a throw lever type thing:

ggg-1190.jpg

Id get one if I actually had a use for it.

Never had mine get loose either, but I can see how the vibration of real-steel rounds could do that. Wouldn't mind putting a hex screw in, just so it's less likely to catch on any gear/bdu's/etc., not that I've ever had it do that yet.

Those throw-lover mounts are nice, but I think they're typically over $200 each!

I have used one of my EOTechs before on a friend's flat top AR and I can see where you are coming from. It does like to loosen itself after some rounds through whatever it is on. I couldnt see it falling off completely, but a loose sight is not a very effective one is it.

I am going to get an ACCUCAM throw lever mount for it.

a) It looks the *beep*

B) you can remove the sight and put it back on and not loose your zero

c) I have a bad habit of over-torquing hex/thumb screws. I ruined one rear sight like that. Luckily zero-one replaced it free of charge. A throw lever mount would be impossible for me to over-torque.

Anyway uni... I like the rifle like this. I can aim really bloody quick as it is... :)

What i have to add.

some configs i use.

Short version.

colt18wb.jpg

with red-dot and flip-up sight.

colt26sm.jpg

short, with red-dot, flip-up sight, and silencer.

colt33by.jpg

fully extended stock with silencer and flip-up shight.

colt43ji.jpg

But i still like my ak more, because its a mans gun. :P

cheers

- pete