Armalite Pictures

The troops do that for shooting over walls and from vehicles. That way the mag is to the side (out of the way) when the carry handle is pointed upwards :)

..no it isn't... silly american, gene.

First off, a rear sight cannot function on it's own. It'd need a front sight.

Secondly, it's for STORAGE. Y'know, in the event the aimpoint/eotech, etc gets owned, they can switch it out. A silly practice when you can simply cowitness the two sights on the same rail!

Incidently, I've seen an M4 with an Eotech on the side rail and an ACOG TA01 on the upper reciever rail, so the guy could switch between a CQB and a ranged rifle. Saves sticking the sight into a kitbag and fishing it out... Personally, I prefer to keep the front end of my rifle as light as possible, so I doubt I'd ever really bother doing this kind of stuff.

But yeah. it IS NOT for shooting over the walls. It's also not a good idea to shoot over walls as you're creating a nice silhoutte to shoot at. Shoot AROUND walls, dammit.

Edited by TMC
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alright I took qucik snap with my crappy dig cam and here are they;

First off, my project from when I got it in 2000 till now...

http://www.pbase.com/69iner/airsoft

Here it is...

http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL608/27688...6/121053538.jpg

http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL608/27688...6/121053524.jpg

Originaly posted in the over 1k club.

Thats my M4, worth over 2k, lots of upgrade, everything that should be metal on the real deal, is metal on this baby.

Oustide

-TM M4A1

-Systema one piece outter barrel

-Systema M4 metal body

-Systema high speed motor

-G&P steel accesories kit

-G&P Ready mag system

-TH ops silencer

-Km tight bore Barrel

-Gaurder reinforced Pistol grip

-Guarder Anpeq2

-Guarder Aimpoint

-Guarder I aimpoint mount

-Blackhawk Tactical sling

-Surefire 6P Tactical flashlight with tactical head

-KAC vertical grip

-Modified Marui RIS

-Custom Low resistance wiring

-Custom cut down carry handle sight

-12 marui lowcap mags modified to hold 33 rounds each

-1 Marui high cap mag

Inside

-Systema reinforced gearbox shell

-Systema High speed gear

-Systema oiless bushing

-Systema anti reversal latch

-Top Power 190 spring

-Top power piston

- Custom made vented piston Head

Thats about what I can think of right now....

To come probably the Ace Socom stock or sell to whole thing and buy the systema PTW M4 and start over again....

Keep in mind that, that thing is far from being a paperwight, its beiing used and abused on the field but I put soo much time on it that it has never failed me (Had a few small flaws but they were quick fix)

Edited by SEALsone

My latest Armalite, got it in trade for my AK. Not sure if I'm ready for this kind of project after making the order for my GR300... but we'll see.

CIMG1387.JPG

m4cqbr.JPG

Defenitely have to paint the body black, untill I find funds for another metal body. Shoots great though and I'm really a fan of the shorter setup.

M4_Wiche.jpg

This is my next project. No more sticking mp5ks to things. I plan on using LARP safe crossbow bolts

:death:

OMG, IMO, that is awesome!!! The only thing I don't like, is the front sight. Cut it out next time. ;)

Anyway, I would like to thank all of you for giving me ideas on how I should customize my M4-S when it comes. :D

Edited by Victory
My latest Armalite, got it in trade for my AK. Not sure if I'm ready for this kind of project after making the order for my GR300... but we'll see.

CIMG1387.JPG

m4cqbr.JPG

Defenitely have to paint the body black, untill I find funds for another metal body. Shoots great though and I'm really a fan of the shorter setup.

can you ID me the top rail you use on the receiver please? I am looking for a similar one :)

yep a retractable, small size full stock. its not full M16 sized, but it is solid, and sliding.

as far as i know, the only model too have it, which makes me happy :D

its nice to see my gun has provoked so many good reactions aswell. :)

Edited by screamin_weasel

THat's not a CAR-15! A CAR-15 has a classic barrel with a standard retractable stock and no RAILs what so ever! SO that's not a CAR-15 it's an older model of the CAR-15, it looks like a cheesy XM-177 AHHAHA sorry. I only like current guns. UNless you have a Browning, or Thompson. An MP-44 is good too. NO offense but I don't like you gun. Well, that's a matter of oppinion. Looks like it has some money in it though. lol

Zax

THat's not a CAR-15! A CAR-15 has a classic barrel with a standard retractable stock and no RAILs what so ever! SO that's not a CAR-15 it's an older model of the CAR-15, it looks like a cheesy XM-177 AHHAHA sorry. I only like current guns. UNless you have a Browning, or Thompson. An MP-44 is good too. NO offense but I don't like you gun. Well, that's a matter of oppinion. Looks like it has some money in it though. lol

Zax

Dude, wtf are you talking about?

Could you at least point out what gun you're talking about?

And this thread isn't strictly for CAR-15's.

Zax

:blink:

OK.

systema, sorry dude but your CAR looks like somebody puked on it. you need to be removing that 'paintjob' ASAP dude.

i used mine today for the first time, and it was a *fruitcage* beast. chronod at 320 consistently, and i got a whole load of kills. it took mr NO TIME to get used to it, it just effortlessly happened.

awesome. money well spent.

Zax

I think it's time you had a little lesson in the subject of CAR-15s.

In 1965, Colt produced a carbine version of the M16 and called it the CAR-15. Since Colt called it this, CAR-15 was the factory designation, not a government designation. The little bugger was made strictly for US Special Forces in Vietnam; it was nothing more than an M16 with a 10" barrel instead of a 20" barrel and a 3" shorter stock (which telescoped). However, once in the jungles, it was learned through tough lessons that the Colt CAR-15 was extremely loud, had bad recoil and had a horrible muzzle flash. All these elements combined made it a terrible weapon for jungle warfare, so Colt went back to the drawing board and cranked out the second generation of M16 carbines. Colt designated this carbine as the 609 Commando, but the US Army assigned it as the XM177E1. It featured a redisigned telescoping stock, tubular foregrips and a longer flash supressor. Shortly thereafter, Colt lengthened the barrle to 11.5" and the US Army called this model the XM177E2.

Note: All vairants of the original Colt CAR-15 were referred to in Vietnam and everywhere else they were used as CAR-15s.

Original Colt CAR-15:

car15.jpg

Colt Commando-609, also known as the XM177E1, CAR-15. This is mine:

Picture_010.sized.jpg

Colt Commando-609 (notice the lenthened barrel); also known as the XM177E2, CAR-15:

xm177.jpg

And this is the model made popular by Black Hawk Down; Colt Commando M733:

commando.jpg

Nice find, I just can't work dentrinities site, I would buy one right away :/ Anyone else have this problem, whenever I go on Den, when I click on the products button it leads me back to the same page!

Edited by Crandall