Started life as a TM M4a1... and is now an M4 RIS

Parts shown:

Guarder new generation stoner rifle body

ICS PEQ w/ laser

Classic Army RIS w/ metal barrel

Classic Army RIS panels

Classic Army foregrip

G&P red dot scope

dhindo, that's looking slick for sure. Are you going to go so far as to use the tango down panels and vertical grip? As well as the vortex flashhide and OTAL laser unit. Gotta admit that's VERY slick. If I hadn't gone the way I did with my PTW I would have probably gone with a setup much like that. Definately cool. Please do keep us posted as the project moves forward.

LeMongelo, damn. All I can say, that Dieter vertical grip is wicked. Good choice on your light (hehe). A really swank setup, I'm digging that MRF front end that goes justt past the front sight. Also gotta give props to the real Clubfoot stock. Real or fake aimpoint?

These were in the PTW thread, but here's my finished M4:

ptw66kb.th.jpg

ptw14nb.th.jpg

ptw37bd.th.jpg

ptw57kx.th.jpg

ptw77js.th.jpg

not many goodies on mine as it doesnt fit my loadout all too well, but it will be getting an ACOG soon if money plays right..but i DO have a nifty paintjob ;)

602010_108_full.jpg

and funny thing is the paintjob is getting changed, although its effective i dont quite like how it fits my loadout lol feel free to trash on it from here on out

dhindo, that's looking slick for sure. Are you going to go so far as to use the tango down panels and vertical grip? As well as the vortex flashhide and OTAL laser unit. Gotta admit that's VERY slick. If I hadn't gone the way I did with my PTW I would have probably gone with a setup much like that. Definately cool. Please do keep us posted as the project moves forward.

LeMongelo, damn. All I can say, that Dieter vertical grip is wicked. Good choice on your light (hehe). A really swank setup, I'm digging that MRF front end that goes justt past the front sight. Also gotta give props to the real Clubfoot stock. Real or fake aimpoint?

Thanks Titleist...too bad about the strike head. I personally don't think the Sheriff one is all that bad. It's looks great on your PTW. I would stay away from the G&P one as you never know what you get (from my experience their products range from good to poor).

The CompM2 is AimPoint from back in the day...I think the EoTech is a better sight. It's not quite done (still missing the stock pad and surefire filter, like you got there), but figured it's "pic" worthy! My next (and probably last) Armalite is already in the works...

thanks man!you too,always awesome guns!ill try to replicate that real steel as much as possible...

Lee, what kind of body are you using?

Back in the day when i attempted to add an MRF front end to my CA m15 it ended up looking like garbage so i scrapped the project. The MRF lines up and fits perfectly on whatever body you're using.

Thats a hell of a nice m4! Nice one! What vest / chest rig is that though?

Lee, what kind of body are you using?

Back in the day when i attempted to add an MRF front end to my CA m15 it ended up looking like garbage so i scrapped the project.  The MRF lines up and fits perfectly on whatever body you're using.

Hi Mags...I think I PM'd a few months back regarding modding armalites (I'm working on an airsoft LM&T Defender 2000/MRP...using parts from Best Gun...ditched the real steel route). When did we last exchange messages (yes it took that long to finish)?

The body is a highly modified Zeke M16A2E. To get the MRF on, there needs to be a few additional mods. The reciever threads (Zeke uses stock Marui) on the upper had to be re-threaded to get a real barren nut on. The airsoft ones were ok (I initially used a G&P), but not fitting perfectly. Also, there was too much of a gap between the MRF and the upper rail, not allowing a continuous upper. I took off a few mm of material from the upper threads. This lets the barrel set in deeper closing the gap. Then the barrel it's self needs to be reshaped since its sitting deeper in the reciever (so the hop-up and gear-box will fit).

The final mod was because of the fat airsoft recievers. MRF's have a notch where it clamps onto the reciever face. Either the notch needs to be widened or the receiver cuts need to be made...I went with cutting the receiver. It's was tough (most all receiver and barrel cuts were made on the milling machine) but the results looked good (at least I thought). Most folks who have seen it in person dismissed it as just another railed hand guard...oh well :)

I hope this helps...

Thanks for the compliment, dude.

The rig I use is a BHI STRIKE commando recon chest harness.

Nice. It looks like you have a hydration carrier or something on the back though. Did you mount it on a rear plate carrier?

Also, what flashlight mount is that on your M4, and what scope is it behind the eotech?

That M4 is sooo nice :P

Edited by Architect
Nice. It looks like you have a hydration carrier or something on the back though. Did you mount it on a rear plate carrier?

Also, what flashlight mount is that on your M4, and what scope is it behind the eotech?

That M4 is sooo nice :P

The flashlight mount is a Yankee Hill Machine 5-slot offset mount. And the scope behind the Eotech is a Aimpoint 3x Magnifier on a Samson mount. As for the chest rig, yeah it's a hydration carrier, it's not on a rear plate carrier but rather it hangs from the shoulder straps on the back and connects to the center section of the belt on the rear of the harness.

Hehe Lee, thanks for the refresher bud, its been a while. I think we last spoke back in may so its really been quite some time. I remember discussing ways to mount the MRF RIS back in the day. I ditched mine because i simply wasnt interested in the amount of custom work it would have required to fit it. Props to you for sticking with it and making it look DAMN good.

How did you manage to get your hands on the best gun MRP kit? I havent been able to find it anywhere in the united states yet.

What stock is that on your M4, ive been looking for it. Very nice gun.