Armalite Pictures

&productId

Wow, thumbs up. At first I thought it's professional photos

taken in a studio and with real steal stuff.

How did you get the perfect lighting and high resolution?

You mind to tell us your photo equipment?

Well done.

Thanks. :) Though I don't feel the lighting is perfect myself, if anything there are a few hot spots I should have corrected. ;)

For a camera, I usually use my Nikon CoolPix 5700, which is 5MP. Sometimes I use a Nikon D70 (6.1MP) or a Canon Digital Rebel XT (8MP), both digital SLRs (and both borrowed from work). I really like the Canon, it seems to just effortlessly take awesome pictures. I'm considering selling my Nikon and buying one.

For lighting, right now I use a couple of clamp lamps I picked up at the hardware store. They're pretty cheap and very handy to have around in gernal. I use GE Reveal 100w bulbs in them. You could use higher or lower wattage as needed. I like the reveal bulbs, their quality of light is really great for a regular light bulb.

What I need is a good way to diffuse the light sometimes, to try and eliminate the hot spots you'll get with direct light. I have a few ideas for this, but I haven't tried them yet.

One thing you can do to get more indirect light is to bounce it off a sheet of foam core, which you can buy at any craft shop or office supply store. It's cheap and you can cut it down to any size you need. It's also great for taking pictures on, if you just need a simple white background. You can set two of them up, one as the floor and one as the back to give you a pretty seamless white space.

I avoid using a flash whenever possible, it tends to adversely affect the color, and rarely gets the look I want. I prefer to use a tripod and a longer exposure with fixed lighting.

Edited by staticzero
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Phoenix, some people do a little 'reenacting' type thing. So while having a PEQ Battery and a flash light would be kind of pointless, it's what a real soldier would attach and use to his weapon and thus is replicated on the airsoft version.

Even if they are doing it 'just for looks' well, let them enjoy their game and not let them ###### you off.

Phoenix, some people do a little 'reenacting' type thing. So while having a PEQ Battery and a flash light would be kind of pointless, it's what a real soldier would attach and use to his weapon and thus is replicated on the airsoft version.

Even if they are doing it 'just for looks' well, let them enjoy their game and not let them ###### you off.

i understand that. I just think its a bit silly for woodland, thats all.

Phoe, you make it sound like it's a "syndrome" only limited to AR-15 users.

MP5, P90, G36c... those 3 all guilty as well.

So don't start, or I'll spank you with my LE stock! :)

LOL. I didnt say that those wernt raped as well. its ok on some MP5's. Tired of seeing hte aimpoints on G36's though.

Any P90 rapage is a travesty though, and the owner should be broguht to court for crimes against the airsoft community.

It's not quite done yet, all I need is to mount that ACOG on my carry handle without making it look too bulky.

DSCF0892.jpg

ICS M4A1

Single point sling

G&P M500A

Guarder ACOG RDS

Guarder one piece outer barrel (M933 length)

It's my LAPD SWAT setup :D (almost)

Edited by trdsupragt
My humble M4 contribution, ICS made with a brand new gearbox, right folding stock, flip-up front sight, Dragunov flashider and a 9.6v battery.

And a Gen. I nightvision scope. Sweeeeet.

<awesome pixx0rz>

I did none of the mods myself, but I must say the flashider is just perfect, the barrel ends *precisely* where the cutouts in the FH start - spot on :D

I could not possibly care less that it's not authentic btw ;)

wackiest....gun....ever!

+1

(why aren't you using that red dot I sold you? :P

lol

Well... I plan on getting one with my next purchase, but I have no idea when that's going to be--it'll be a while though. Plus, making my own stuff out of the nothingness at my house feels nice. :D

...anyway. Hell, I'll just keep the tape and wait to buy...whatever. :P

Edited by nsitgahltker

AKs have been proven to be inferior to the M4 (real steel)

HK vs Colt. HMMMM Colt needs to do some more home work they've been sitting on their B u t TS! HK is still figureing new things out. COME ON COLT! (I still like Colt better though cause HK shouldnt have stolen the designs) (colt should still do some studies and all and make the M4 and M16 perfect! Instead of making law suits against other companies.) COLT ARE YOU LISTENING!!!! lol (I'm SERIOUS!!)

&productId

Thanks. :) Though I don't feel the lighting is perfect myself, if anything there are a few hot spots I should have corrected. ;)

For a camera, I usually use my {...} selling my Nikon and buying one.

For lighting, right now I use {...} for a regular light bulb.

What I need is a good way to {..} I haven't tried them yet.

One thing you can do to get more {...} seamless white space.

I avoid using a flash whenever {...}  exposure with fixed lighting.

Thanks for going into my question that detailed.

I think I will try some of them ideas and I have the same tendency

not to use the flash whenever possible. +1