P90 Picture Thread

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know this sounds strange, but does anyone have a Elcan they could possibly mount to their P90 and take a pic of it?

I love elcan's. And i love P90's. Not sure whether i should get an Elcan -.-

I've seen this done on one of those P90 'battleship' LMG-like jobs. It did look pretty good though, try it, go on, I dare you ;P

Could also try it on pimp-my-gun. See what that looks like.

Very nice. You don't see many people with ACOG's but it actually looks pretty good mounted that far back. When the mount isn't all the way back it looks bad :/

The ACOG has limited eye relief compared to an EOtech or Aimpoint so it makes way better sense to mount it towards the rear.

Sigma, whats your gear setup there looks pretty awesome, I'm about to go and build a rig for my P90 and have NO IDEA what I want to do though.

I actually wouldn't recommend my setup here for the P90. It's a Weesatch, which has built-in mag pouches that are obviously not designed for the P90. I love the Weesatch but for a P90 kit you'd be better off with an all-MOLLE solution. I do recommend mounting the mag pouches sideways as I've done on the very bottom there... much more convenient versus having to reach up by your neck to awkwardly pull them out. I've also seen people put P90 pouches on their back and reach over their shoulders to grab them but I found it wasn't to my liking. I've also considered a 3 or 4 mag thigh rig but just haven't had a good enough reason to spring for one yet.

But, since you asked... here's a partial kitlist:

- Pantac Weesatch

- unknown (I think also Pantac) P90 double pouch.

- 4x MAG P90 midcaps (and I lost one this day thanks partly to the issue mentioned above)

- 3x TM P90 lowcaps

If you want the rest, lemme know... but this is the P90 thread so it didn't seem too relevant.

I've got a Classic Army P90TR coming in, will be putting up an in-depth review, if anyone cares

At the very least, the externals should kick TM's *albatross* to hell. (I used to own one) This, in my opinion, is justification enough; shame that such a nice gun has a pitiful build like TM's.

I've got a Classic Army P90TR coming in, will be putting up an in-depth review, if anyone cares

At the very least, the externals should kick TM's *albatross* to hell. (I used to own one) This, in my opinion, is justification enough; shame that such a nice gun has a pitiful build like TM's.

Between my CA90 RD proline and my TM P90 RD, I still like the look and feel of the TM slightly better. A little later, I'll be able to compare the Echo1 to the CA proline to the TM to the toytec (just for kicks) to the Well R9 (just because I can) in pictures, and get a family picture. Yes, I'm a little obsessed.

See http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=176447&st=20&p=2318123entry2318123 and the subsequent post of mine in that thread for my thoughts of the CA proline compared to the TM. I think I disregarded the price because I've bought basically all my P90s used (only one currently in my collection that was bought new was the Well R9), and my upgraded TM and the CA proline were effectively bought for the same price of around $140, where they both shoot about the same velocity, so I can't say which is necessarily better value.

Between my CA90 RD proline and my TM P90 RD, I still like the look and feel of the TM slightly better. A little later, I'll be able to compare the Echo1 to the CA proline to the TM to the toytec (just for kicks) to the Well R9 (just because I can) in pictures, and get a family picture. Yes, I'm a little obsessed.

See http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=176447&st=20&p=2318123entry2318123 and the subsequent post of mine in that thread for my thoughts of the CA proline compared to the TM. I think I disregarded the price because I've bought basically all my P90s used (only one currently in my collection that was bought new was the Well R9), and my upgraded TM and the CA proline were effectively bought for the same price of around $140, where they both shoot about the same velocity, so I can't say which is necessarily better value.

Strange, i've only heard otherwise from others and a very nice poster on zeroin gave me an in-depth analysis in which he claimed CA's externals were by far nicer

Obviously there is a fair degree of opinion but i think it should be quite apparent

In terms of internals uh...why is your TM shooting the same as the CA? A stock TM's fps is around 280, and mine chrono'd in at 284 +- 8. That seems to introduce a fair bit of bias, especially considering that the CA is $50 cheaper than the TM.

For the gears, although i don't have the proline, i know it uses the same gears CA has been using recently and they are definitively better than TM, that's not a question. CA makes some of the best stock gears. Again, it seems you have an upgraded TM.

Aside from that, CA's is a 7mm gearbox, and internals in general are just better. EG1000 is less whiny, but the CA has more torque and rof. I'll see for myself whether the CA is louder or not, as i've had two TM's and i can tell the eg1000 sound quite easily

The biggest problem with the CA is the crappy hop up unit they have in each. But given the price disparity you can easily fix that and have money to spare

I don't know, seems i might be expecting a lot from the CA, but that's what i've gathered from handling newer CA guns and info from others. The CA is supposed to outperform the TM on almost all levels with the exception of the air nozzle and hop up, and the motor's should perform similarly.

Edit: In regards to the Proline RDS sucking...honestly, the red dot on P90's suck in general because you can't adjust for windage; unless the gun is set dead on from the factory (which its not) then it doesn't really matter.

Thats why i get the TR anyways, silencer and longer inner barrel too :D

Edited by azn_tomato

I did mention that I had bought my TM upgraded. I mention the approximate $140 value, since I actually bought it as a package for $200 shipped and it included 3 TM mags, a battery, smart charger, 2 mag pouches, and a TM silencer. I have bought also a stock TM in like new condition for about $127, and new TM prices also depend on where you buy it. You could buy a new TM for $250-265 with free shipping, where you'd be paying $240 (or about $220 if you have a discount coupon at certain stores that might carry it) for a new CA90 RD (and $10 more for the TR). $50 more for the TM is a little bit of an exaggeration. I mean, I basically disregard the pricing due to the used market. If you're going to overhaul both of them internally anyway, it shouldn't make too much of a difference either. The TM gearbox seems to be able to hold up to a lot of abuse based on what I've seen and read about.

With the CA proline's hop up, I don't know what to make of it yet. The plastic TM hop up chamber seems to work well, and the CA's metal one appears to work fine as well with my limited testing so far. I don't really know much about the CA sportline and its plastic hop up chamber (though this used Echo 1 that I just got seems to have a black plastic one rather than that yellowish translucent one, so it's possible it's a CA sportline's hop up chamber). Now, the Echo 1's hop up chamber (I bought a spare chamber) I think is not all that great, unless you put the right sized o-ring in it. The adjustment wheel just spins too freely without it. The TM and CA proline have the o-ring, and they are nice and hold their settings well.

The thing about the externals is really just a matter of personal opinion. I have 5 different brands of P90 sitting next to me, so I can compare them (externally) very easily and make my own judgments. I mean, maybe you can just call me a TM fanboy, and maybe I'm just trying to find things about the CA's externals to nitpick about, but overall, I like the TM externals the most. It's a combination of looks as well as feel, and I think the CA is a little lacking in appearance, and the weight of the upper on the RD version is a bit much. I concede that maybe the texture of the CA's body is better than that of the TM, which is better than the Echo 1 (which is funny because it is on par with how the Well R9 feels), and actually, if the Toytec wasn't so creaky, it has the most texture of them all. But, a can of paint could fix the TM's problem very quickly, as the tan painted P90 I bought from aznriptide859 feels better than the CA, though it looks like it was layered with something else first. You'll have to ask him. Also, maybe my CA isn't typical, but if you twist the two grips a bit, it creaks a bit, where the TM (and Well) don't. There are just a bunch of small little things about the CA (most are mentioned in that link) that make the TM just seem a little better, texture aside, at least in my opinion. When you get yours, let me know what you think of the externals compared to the TM (and preferably not potentially influenced memories of the TM) and how they compare to your expectations, because if your gun is anything like mine, it will be good, but not mindblowingly incredible, especially when you look carefully at the details.

With the red dot version, you can adjust for elevation and windage. What do you think those weird screws that hold the sight in the upper receiver were for? It replicates how the real P90 is adjusted. You loosen the hex screw, then adjust the other screw to adjust the angle, and then tighten the hex screw back down. If you watch the video in the other thread (also copied below), you'll see that the TM red dot works fine as a red dot (minimal parallax), the real sights work fine, and the CA red dot is just useless. It kind of reminds me of that situation with the ARES MARS sight.

And, since this is a picture thread I'll end with a picture...

TTP90.jpg

love the classic Toytec P90 there, i finally got an ACM gearbox for my empty shell of a TR and now its a BEAST! Just need a PS90 outer barrel, RIS and a micro dot now :)

lol might aswell wang on a AFG on there to see what it looks like XD

Whatt

The reason i got a CA is because my TM's have been creaky as hell

The G36c i had was a creaky little *****

The P90tr i had was definitely a bit creaky if you applied any stress as is another TM P90 i handled, which is why i wanted the CA...otherwise i would have stuck with it

Lol our experiences are like opposite

I'll post my own thoughts when i get it

Edit: Oh gawd the Well p90 was one of my first guns...gravity feed LOL

Edited by azn_tomato

The R9 is not the gravity fed D90, and is actually TM mag compatible with a clone of the V6 gearbox. I've actually had a pair of the D90s as well, but I got rid of them. One actually was gutted and had a V3 gearbox mounted inside it and it shot decently, other than the fact that it had fixed hop up and was still being gravity fed.

We apparently have had very different experiences because I can't really make any of my unopened TM P90s creak without a lot of effort, though the spare TR body I have does creak a little bit if you push on the sides of the very front of the gun, and the P90 I got from aznriptide (which had been split in half to get at the insides and is one of my current projects) has a bit of creaking, though at the moment, I only have half the screws in. The CA, while it doesn't creak as much as like a TM SIG 550 or the Toytec P90, it does still have noticeably more creaking than I see in any of my TMs. Basically, from speculation I've read about the CA, I was expecting it to be much better than the TM, but it wasn't, in my opinion.

I don't think you can have too many P90s, and I think I'll need some more eventually. The Echo 1 that I had just gotten yesterday tipped the scales, so I now have more P90s than SIG rifles.

P90family0.jpg

P90family1.jpg

I don't notice all that much of a texture difference between the two TM bodies (RD vs TR) other than that my RD body is a little smoother (less textured) in some places, presumably due to the difference in use between the two.

As for what I do with all the P90s... I knew I should have just answered that in the other post... I have them all so that I can give biased opinions on how they all compare to each other. But seriously, here's a rundown of my P90s:

1. Well R9 - I bought it a couples years back because it was like $50 or something. The only good alternative on the market at the time was the TM for about $260 and I figured I could upgrade some parts in it just for fun. At the moment, it does nothing but sit around, but at some point, I do plan on rigging it to have some amazing internals (it has already been modified to accept a TM/E1 hop up chamber and partially modified to take a TM gearbox), and show up to a game with what looks like a complete noob P90, just for my own amusement. What would you do if you saw someone show up to an event with what looks like the Well D90, but it shoots lasers, both literally and figuratively? Or, if you were running the chrono station and saw what looked like an LPEG, but it didn't pass due to shooting too hot, what would you say/do?

2. TM P90 with silencer - I use this gun at games due to the fact that it performs very well and is pretty quiet. With good BBs, I see velocity deviations of 2 to 4fps (+/-1 to 2fps), which I think is decent.

3. Stock TM P90 - This is my collectible TM P90 due to the pristine condition it's in, and it sits in its box.

4. Tan TM P90 - It's sitting around waiting for me to rig it with an internal laser and possibly a built in light. I may end up selling the body and upper receiver and keeping the gearbox and barrel assembly once the project is done, but that has yet to be decided. I think there would be a market for a P90 body that you could just swap your internals with to get a built in 150-200 lumen light and laser, right? And, I'm pretty sure there's a market for red dot uppers, right Vain?

5. Toytec P90 - This is another P90 for my collection. It sits in its box not being used primarily due to the fact that I don't have an air rig to use with it.

6. CA P90 proline - I only got it recently, so I don't know what to do with it yet, since my primary TM performs just as well if not better, maneuvers better, and it was not the incredible P90 I was expecting it to be. If it did surpass the TM in more ways, in my mind, I'd be upgrading it a lot more and then using it as my primary instead. I may end up upgrading this gearbox to be either a higher velocity or higher rate of fire "quick swap" for my primary P90.

7. Echo 1 P90 - I just got it yesterday, so I don't do anything with it yet, but it will likely be version 2 of my modified P90 projects, since I have something in mind for it. For $100 shipped for the gun, silencer, and 3 mags, I couldn't pass on it. To be completely honest, the metal upper on it feels decent. With the silencer on it, it weighs the same 1lb 10oz that my TM's upper weighs with its silencer and the TR mount, where the CA's upper is twice the weight at 3lb 4oz.

Yeah, that's what I do with them all... let them all sit around while I use one of them. If only dual wielding wasn't so ineffective... Total combined money spent on all 7 of the guns you see in that picture: less than the amount spent on each of the guns in http://www.arniesair...owtopic=170715.

Also, on a somewhat related note, I noticed that the CA P90TR proline is at Gunner Airsoft for $131 + shipping, where shipping via EMS for me would be $63 (or $47 for airmail), bringing the total to $194 (or $178) shipped, which is not a bad price for a new gun. Just thought I'd give the heads up to anyone looking for the CA TR version. The red dot version is listed at $229 before shipping, so it's nowhere near as good a deal.

Lastly, before this post gets too much longer than it already is, azn_tomato, when you get yours, could you make sure to weigh the TR upper? I'd like to see how it compares in weight to the CA RD upper, Echo 1 TR upper, and TM upper.

Yarr, i got mine from gunner as well.

Maybe gunner has **** TR's or something, i can't even fathom the reason for that pricing

Still processing atm though...pnc bank is so slow...

But yea, my P90 was creaky if you tried to flex it while holding it and was creaky if you pushed on the sides. Not an issue in games, but still, it was annoying

Externally in terms of detail work ifully expect TM to exceed CA. But the CA P90 body is made of the same material as their G36 line (at least supposedly..) which is fantastic and at the least, feel better or not, i expect it to be more durable, less plasticky, and less creaky. I sold my TM last week so i should still remember the feel quite well; at least if it was better of worse than CA's

The weight difference will definitely be there, but i don't fault CA for having a nice metal upper. After i get my mag clamp and dynamat the gearbox, and have a 9.6V battery in it, it should be balanced quite well. Plus, when you shoulder the P90, its not a big deal (at least i would imagine)

So yea, i'll post my experience and let you know about the weight as well. I plan on getting an Elcan SpectreDR which weighs another pound to add to the frontweight, ha. But i can always weigh the back down if desperate.

Regardless of better body or not, CA's gearbox > TM's stock gearbox for certain, and i, not as good as finding good deals like you :P, found $178 shipped off of gunner too good a deal to miss: used stock TM sold and that same money buying me a new CA TR is a good bid for me. And i hate used guns

I think there would be a market for a P90 body that you could just swap your internals with to get a built in 150-200 lumen light and laser, right? And, I'm pretty sure there's a market for red dot uppers, right Vain?

Yeah when you wanna get rid of the RD, let me know :P. Also - Dentrinity has a P90 receiver with the real P90 laser targeting unit already installed. Laserex makes it. They also sell the laser system separately..

http://www.dentrinityshop.com/pr_details.jsp?pid=3235

http://www.dentrinityshop.com/pr_details.jsp?pid=4416

Again, it's just my own personal preference, but I'd rather have a slightly lighter P90 with the balance of the TM. The center of gravity of my good TM is at about the feeding hole for the hop up chamber, where the CA is at about the take down button. It's a difference of about 2.5" and may or may not make a difference to you, and maybe it's better being right above your weapon hand, rather than slightly behind it. With the CA upper and my TM lower with battery and dynamat (maybe that helps reduce some creaking), the balance point shifts about a third of the way back from the take down button and the feeding hole (which is actually similar to the Echo1). I've also noticed due to the CA upper's weight, it feels a little top heavy, though maybe that issue isn't present with the TR since it has physically less volume (I think) and is shorter (in height) than the RD version. As for the material, I don't know if it is the same as the G36 line, and if you wear gloves, will it make much of a difference?

Yeah, I know DEN Trinity has the Laserex stuff, but it's kind of expensive. You either buy the unit and install it yourself for $260 + shipping, or you get it preinstalled on a P90 for a total of about $650 because you need to buy a P90 with it to get it installed. There was actually one (a TM P90 with the laserex unit installed) that someone had up on eBay awhile back that sold for somewhere around $500, which is cheaper than the installed price from DEN Trinity. I figure I can rig up a laser in a P90 body, whether in my own location or a laserex-type clone, for much less than buying the actual one.