P90 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My CA RD proline arrieved on Monday and I *fruitcage* love it.

P1130764.jpg P1130767.jpg P1130768.jpg P1130769.jpg P1130770.jpg P1130771.jpg P1130780.jpg P1130781.jpg P1130782.jpg P1130783.jpg

Balance is ok, it is heavy, but that's a good thing IMO and it's freaking solid. I only test it a little bit with my father's ak battery as my battery hasn't arrived, and Rof seems to be a bit high for my taste; retailers chrono test says that it's shooting between 375 and 380 FPS, which is what I wanted (limit for assault role here is 400 FPS).

Today I painted the fugly orange flash-hider, I couldn't remove it from the rest of the gun though, the thing seems to be glue to the outer barrel (god knows why).

One quick questions about your new CA90, for the moment: Is the red dot just as bad as my video shows, or is it just that the one that I was terrible?

Also, it's interesting, because I can't get the flash hider off mine either, though I haven't tried boiling it. I have tried using some small screw drivers through the holes in the flash hider for leverage without any luck, and the screwdrivers started bending. This method worked fine when I was removing the glued on flash hider on another of my guns. I've also tried a wrench around that flattened part without any luck either. At some point, I'll end up trying some boiling water, but until then, it's interesting that you have the same glued on flash hider, since there is visibly threading underneath.

After having my CA90 for a bit, I am warming up to it a little bit, but I still personally like my TM more. The CA's materials may be nicer (though I still think the upper is too heavy), but the TM pays much more attention to details (seams, screws, fit, and trademarks, but I can let that slide a little bit due to trademark infringement avoidance).

Yee, do you have any experience with the G&P metal upper? Its supposedly the nicest aftermarket one (and the Proarms is confirmed to not fit the CA)...if so, does it weigh less than CA's?

I'm considering eventually turning my (STILL held by customs) tr into a RDS converted to a TR for a higher mount to allow for mag clamping

Nope, never had the G&P, though I kind of want one. If it is as heavy as the CA's upper, I might not be as much of a fan of actually using it. It would potentially be for my wall-hanger P90, when I justify the funding for one, which will likely be a stock TM with the real Laserex unit installed.

The Pro-Arms one does actually fit the CA's body, but it's mainly the fitting of the other parts, like the hop up chamber and the release button that are very tight fits. I may have mentioned somewhere about the metal hop up chamber not fitting in it, and it doesn't unless you file down some parts, but I think all the plastic hop up chambers should fit. I just tried, and I kind of got one of them jammed in there, so I think it might just be an issue with the Pro-Arms receiver.

If you are going to go for a RD upper with a TR part, why not go with the CA red dot upper? It's going to be cheaper, and it will be more likely to fit all your parts. It's listed as ASGI for $85, where the G&P is going to run about $85 before HK shipping (or $109 at ASGI). Actually, after just checking it, the TM and CA metal hop up chamber are both the same size, and it's just that Pro-Arms receiver is nor made to the same size, as all of my P90 hop up chambers have issues going in.

One quick questions about your new CA90, for the moment: Is the red dot just as bad as my video shows, or is it just that the one that I was terrible?

Also, it's interesting, because I can't get the flash hider off mine either, though I haven't tried boiling it. I have tried using some small screw drivers through the holes in the flash hider for leverage without any luck, and the screwdrivers started bending. This method worked fine when I was removing the glued on flash hider on another of my guns. I've also tried a wrench around that flattened part without any luck either. At some point, I'll end up trying some boiling water, but until then, it's interesting that you have the same glued on flash hider, since there is visibly threading underneath.

After having my CA90 for a bit, I am warming up to it a little bit, but I still personally like my TM more. The CA's materials may be nicer (though I still think the upper is too heavy), but the TM pays much more attention to details (seams, screws, fit, and trademarks, but I can let that slide a little bit due to trademark infringement avoidance).

That's something I forgot to mention. My Red-dot isn't as intense as yours, the glass is very reflective though, but I can't see my self on it. Even in complete darkness the red-dot isn't too bright; the second level is really strong, almost blinding xD.

I only held a TM P90 once, and it felt too light for my taste. CA is almost as heavy as the real thing (about 2,8kg with a battery and mag full of bbs), and balance is ok IMO.

Also, the batteries compartment doesn't open up on it's own. As matter of fact, is a PITA to close it and quite hard to open it too.

PS: Something I just realize, it doesn't have a serial number :S. I could swear I read that it came with unique S/N, but it doesn't say such a thing anywhere.

Edited by Zombie00

I was talking more about the red dot in terms of parallax. When you aim the gun steady at something, and then move your head, does the dot stay approximately on target, or does it move completely away from the target? Also, when I was talking about being able to see a reflection (whenever it was that I did), it's more a small rectangular red-tinted reflection inside the scope, presumably something to do with the optics and the tinting. I recall reading something about red dots where there's some coating that reduces red light emission through it or some reason. It's kind of like if you were to look into a red dot scope backwards and it's kind of red-ish, except it's that sort of reflection in a square shape being projected about an inch in front of the scope. It's kind of hard to explain, and it's just as hard to get in a good picture on camera, but here's my attempt. You can sort of see the red reflection of the front of my camera...

th_reddotreflection.jpg

About the battery compartment, are you talking about the main battery or the red dot battery? If you're having issues opening the red dot battery compartment, maybe you're not doing it right. If you just push down on the horizontal part of the door at the bottom, and it should pop open.

Yeah, I noticed that too. My CA only has "CA" where the serial number on the TM and E1 have theirs.

Finally got my CA90 in, nice, definitely different balance, got used to it though, definitely a little less easy to whip around, although that's partly Marui's lightness vs CA's real-weight but front heavy.

The detail work isn't as good, yea. The fake screws are like lolwhat? But i don't mind that, really. Surprisngly the trades are quite nice, identical to TM save the P part of P90 on the receiver (Being just 90) and the CA trades where TM had theirs.

Seamwork is a bit disappointing. CA's metal guns are very nicely finished; however, seems they don't quite know how to work plastic (which i suppose is unsurprising). Mine looks smoothed out on the top of the back, behind the mag.

The plastic feels a lot different, nicer texture imo, a bit more durable i'd imagine, but not too much so

My biggest complaint is that where your front hand goes, i get creaks if i twist my hand. Seems the insides aren't matched up quite well enuogh and i can actually see the two halves of the body slightly displacing if apply twisting motion. Tightened the body screws but it didn't solve anything. I think i might end up epoxying it on the outside and then just putting grip tape over it, or rubber grip of some sort.

I can't imagine why no company makes an aftermarket body of higher quality and similar build to the RS version, which is great feeling. I think any P90 owner who could afford one would cash in.

Edited by azn_tomato
  • 3 weeks later...

Got a box mag for cheap, and decided to transplant it to a standard mag since I can't stand the bulging look of then normal box mag. Note this doesn't mean I'm converting - P90 mags for life, this was just a little "fun" project XD.

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0823.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

Takes only midcaps now (since the reservoir is gone), but hey, hicaps can suck it :P

Yea, I took out the controls in preparation to repaint it.

IMG_5076.jpg

IMG_5077.jpg

IMG_5078.jpg

Pretty easy mod - in the box mag there's a simply "tube" that goes from the M4 mag to the P90's loading hole. I just cut that out of the box mag and cut the insides of a TM P90 standard to make it fit. Otherwise I have no idea if it feeds or not - my gearbox is awaiting parts.