WE 1911 issues

JoshB

Ok guys need some help here. I have a WE M1911A1 and it does not shoot for ######. When i pull the trigger it doesnt even blow back enough to chamber the next bb. I have replaced the mag valves, hammer sturt spring, piston head, and loading nozzle. Still no change. I just got the gun a day ago and it was used. I was told it worked fine and well it doesnt and after replacing all the thing i know to be the usual suspects i am out of ideas. So if anyone has any other ideas i would love to hear them...

Josh

Hate to say it.. but it was probably one of the original WE's which were just plain horrible. The newer ones are decent but full of gas leaks. But you should see if it's an older version, and if it is... try to sell it because it's pretty much worthless at that point.

Try and remove recoil guide/spring and barrel, put the slide back on the frame, and manually cycle it back and forth on the rails. Is there a lot of binding?

The interface rails on the inside of the slide and on the frame will probably thank you for a good rubdown with fine steel wool.

The whole underside of the blowback housing can be polished silky smooth with fine steel wool, which also helps greatly to remove binding.

The "tip" of the hammer, where it interfaces with the "bump" on the underside of the blowback housing, can be sanded down a bit, but not so much that the hammer doesn't cock during blowback. Look at this for reference.

ill check into the hammer a bit it does seem to be kind of binding there although most of the time it doesnt even blow back far enough for that to be a problem. As fas as it being an older one. its a newer caspian m1911 so its not one of the old junkers from back when they came out. I think it might be a gas leak issue but im not sure. I mean once in a while it will blow back and chamber the next bb but 98% of the time it will not. I would put all the origional parts back in but they were in it when i got it and it wasnt working then. thats why i replaced all those parts i listed above. The replacement parts are all brand new WE stock parts anyway so i dont think that they are the problem anyway. Ill check out the hammer and polish things up a bit.

Still listning to any other ideas here though since nothing has fixed it yet....

yea i replaced that already though. I know that the WE guns have problems with piston heads wearing out so i replaced it first thing....lol

Thanks for the idea though man.

Keep them comming fellas...

Both my magazines on my WE Tactical leak at the filling valve.

Two questions:

How good are the magazines if you buy them separate.

Could I be able to use TM 1911 magazines on my WE?

Thanks.

Have you attempted to replace the o-ring in the fill valves yet? And if that doesnt work, they do sell some replacement fill valves for significantly less than a new magazine. If you buy more WE magazines... they are going to be the same lower quality ones you got with the replica. Try the cheap o-ring fix first and work up from there. Or, do the right thing, and buy a TM :)

Have you attempted to replace the o-ring in the fill valves yet? And if that doesnt work, they do sell some replacement fill valves for significantly less than a new magazine. If you buy more WE magazines... they are going to be the same lower quality ones you got with the replica. Try the cheap o-ring fix first and work up from there. Or, do the right thing, and buy a TM :)

I just started trying to troubleshoot the magazines. Haven't had the chance to actually get to the fill valves let alone their respective o-rings for three reasons. 1. Don't have a screwdriver narrow enough to get to the valve. 2. Work's been crazy and 3. I'm just plain lazy. :D

Anyway, thank you for telling me about the replacement fill valves. I knew they have them for other guns but didn't think they would have them for WE just yet.

Well a screwdriver wont work anyway. you need a magazine valve tool. which you can find on ebay or just about any good airsoft retailer. The valves are avialable thru many retailer like airsoftgi or wisconsin airsoft wars and a few other select retailers...

So any other ideas here guys. I dont want to get rid of this thing as i just got it. However i do need a working M1911a1 to fit my serpa holster and so if i dont get this thing going soon ill have to ssell/trade it for something else....

Well a screwdriver wont work anyway. you need a magazine valve tool. which you can find on ebay or just about any good airsoft retailer. The valves are avialable thru many retailer like airsoftgi or wisconsin airsoft wars and a few other select retailers...

Thank you Josh, I'll be sure to look. However I've managed to get said valves off with a flat head screwdriver in the past. Typical FNG thing, one tries to work with what one has.

I know my problem is more common, because you see it in just about every gas pistol (had it happen with kjw's and even ksc), in fact a friend of mine bought the exact same gun as me and he is having the same trouble with his magazines.....

As for your own question above.... It may be the possibility that you actually have a lemon.... You've done just about all the troubleshooting that can be done short of sending it back to a retailer or the manufacturer itself without any solution in sight, more often than none, I've seen people take care of the problem with pretty much the steps you've taken....

Well, that's my 2 cents.

Thanks for the help and I wish I could help you a bit more.

• 2 weeks later...

What piston did you swap to?

What valves did you swap to?

Does the nozzle move freely over the piston?

What recoil spring are you using?

What hammer spring are you using?

Have you taken apart the hammer mechanism (ie removed the side panel)?

Archived