WE 1911 issues

JoshB

• 3 weeks later...

If I may ,I would like to add my 2cts to this.

I have several WE guns,some of them display the above symptoms after a couple of days use.I find that just by spraying silicon oil copiously onto the top rubber seal of the mag,leave it for a few moments before loading up will cure the the problem.I believe that the gas you use will make the the seal slightly shrink after shooting a few mags,and the silicon will swell it up again.

The tolerances inside these guns are tight,so a badly seated mag (a worn out mag catch for ex.due to repeated slamming of the mag into the grip will eventually cause all kind of headaches from light striking to insufficient blowback).

Then again I never am in a rush to gut my gun and replace all its components.Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

carter: i was experiencing the same thing and figured out it was due to not letting the magazines warm up after filling. give the magazines a couple minutes after filling to warm up.

Also there was a mod somewhere that you took the rubber piece off the top of the mag, put some loc-tite there, and put the rubber piece back on and people were claiming to get >40 shots. It was because it made a greater seal. i'll try and find it.

Ok guys need some help here. I have a WE M1911A1 and it does not shoot for ######. When i pull the trigger it doesnt even blow back enough to chamber the next bb. I have replaced the mag valves, hammer sturt spring, piston head, and loading nozzle. Still no change. I just got the gun a day ago and it was used. I was told it worked fine and well it doesnt and after replacing all the thing i know to be the usual suspects i am out of ideas. So if anyone has any other ideas i would love to hear them...

Josh

You have either removed or broken Part 51 (look in the exploded diagram in the manual) which is the small gas key which holds the valve open untill the slide has recoiled fully.

carter: i was experiencing the same thing and figured out it was due to not letting the magazines warm up after filling. give the magazines a couple minutes after filling to warm up.

Also there was a mod somewhere that you took the rubber piece off the top of the mag, put some loc-tite there, and put the rubber piece back on and people were claiming to get >40 shots. It was because it made a greater seal. i'll try and find it.

I'd like to hear more about that! I'm having the same issue now.

Well, I have to ask the obvious, but are you sure that no gas is spilling out the mags? The WE valves are silent fill, so you should barely hear anything whilst filling them. Take the mag apart and check to make sure that the fill valve for the mag is seated properly, and that the little o-ring around the fill valve itself is well lubed.

Thanks for the info man. I have tried all the suggestions you gave already...lol Actually i gave up on this and have since parted out the pistol. I do apriciate your input though.

Josh

Thanks for the info man. I have tried all the suggestions you gave already...lol Actually i gave up on this and have since parted out the pistol. I do apriciate your input though.

Josh

do you have any of it left?

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, I have another mag problem. I will spray several 3 second bursts of gas into my mags, but still only get 2 or 3 and a half shots. What could be causing this?

I asked this same question on my local forums, and one member thought perhaps my hammer spring was on the fritz. Could this be true?

Archived