You Opinion on AEG Snipers

Big Texas

A pretty nice setup is A Prowin-Gearbox with Prometheus and Systema Internals! I even have a double IRFP 3703 Mosfet installed in it. Pulls an M155 with ease on a 8.4 Large. (Magnum Motor and Prommy Triple Torque Gearset used)

Only issue I have is, that I need a propper Hop-Up bucking, I do not know which ones offer the best accuracy in conjunction with a 6.03 barrel in an AEG.

Can anybody recommend me one?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A pretty nice setup is A Prowin-Gearbox with Prometheus and Systema Internals! I even have a double IRFP 3703 Mosfet installed in it. Pulls an M155 with ease on a 8.4 Large. (Magnum Motor and Prommy Triple Torque Gearset used)

Only issue I have is, that I need a propper Hop-Up bucking, I do not know which ones offer the best accuracy in conjunction with a 6.03 barrel in an AEG.

Can anybody recommend me one?

This question should probably be in the tech forums, but I have a personal preference of FireFly buckings.

Did you ever get round to the 8" @ 70m test?

Greg.

Well, not all of us have indoor 70m ranges...

Also, what HOP bucking are you using?

We're already using exactly the same barrel... I wonder how different the results could feasibly be.

Ben.

EDIT: ######, I just remembered the first 100 or so rounds I put through the gun with the kit installed were teflon .43's... Now I've got to clean everything...

Ben.

1) Well, not all of us have indoor 70m ranges...

2) Also, what HOP bucking are you using?

3) We're already using exactly the same barrel... I wonder how different the results could feasibly be.

Ben.

4) EDIT: ######, I just remembered the first 100 or so rounds I put through the gun with the kit installed were teflon .43's... Now I've got to clean everything...

Ben.

1) :D Me niether, but a piece of land on a still day is almost as good. & then the breaze :unsure:

2) One is on the firefly v hard, the other is a std TM. Only difference is trajectory & the amount of hop you apply,,,,,,,,er, if you get my drift. The fire fly is flatter & uses less. But accuracy is the same.

3) I think this is down to fps variation. I have a very accurate chrono (skan) & my guns show only a +/- 1 fps variation. I know this is good & also that the heavier ammo helps smooth out the fps variation. Or perhaps pixies :rolleyes: . It would be nice to know. Any ideas?

4)Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :o Yeah, I know it needed cleaning anyway. :rolleyes:

Greg.

I've got the Nineball Purple VSR one. I quite like it... But then again, anything's a lot better than the stock Tanaka one.

I'll get round to it once I'm happy that the kit is bedded in, and I get some ammo I actually like.

:P

Ben.

I personally prefer bolt-actions for their accuracy and realism, but there's certainly an argument for saying AEGs are better sniper weapons in airsoft. My co-sniper has an upgraded TM M14 SOCOM (scoped, bipod, silencer) running at 420fps (he's restricted to semi-only for obvious reasons), and in tandem with my 500fps VSR-10 I think we have the best of both worlds.

Someone mentioned earlier about players not taking single-shot hits, either not noticing them, or shrugging them off as flukes. This happens a lot where we play, but it does vary a lot depending on our opposition. We notice a lot of non-hit-taking on open days when there are a lot of newbies on site. Either they don't fully understand the rules, or dont care, but they often ignore hits from my VSR.

In this situation, having a high-powered AEG is extremely useful, because if someone doesn't take their hit, instant follow-up shots can be made in quick succession (this is difficult to ignore at 400fps+), whereas with a bolt-action even repeated shots will sometimes be ignored.

That said, on members-only days, the problem with cheating is greatly reduced to the point where it's almost non-existent. It all depends on the quality of players you play against.

My mate and I get pretty annoyed with newbies ignoring our shots, and admittedly this was one of our principle reasons for recently upgrading our rifles. As long as MEDs are adhered to, it's no more dangerous- but people are a lot less likely to ignore a hit from a high-powered gun.

I've got the Nineball Purple VSR one. I quite like it... But then again, anything's a lot better than the stock Tanaka one.

I'll get round to it once I'm happy that the kit is bedded in, and I get some ammo I actually like.

:P

Ben.

Mm. I gave them a go when they first came out but couldn't apply enough hop. Bought two, thinking the first one was duff, but they both ended up in the bin!

Often wonder if they were part of a duff batch.

Greg.

Greg, how much hold over do you have to give to hit the 70m target with 0.29g in both setups?

Good Hunting ;)

This depends on which gun & I have to remember when I swap:

They are both zero'd at 60m & the firefly requires 1 more click to extend this to 70m. The std tm on the other hand needs a click & about a foot to go 70.

But both give same groups.

Interesting too that the firefly is on the 480mm barrel, which may also help flatter trajectory. Has a 150 spring with air brake in front of piston giving 500fps. The std tm hop is on a 430 barrel & achieves 500 fps with a 150 spring & the air breake removed! :huh:

All good. ;)

Greg.

Archived