Zastaba CZN M22

renegadecow

I wanted to wait until my A-team gun was complete before posting about this so as not to seem like I have the knack of starting things and never finish them. But seeing as how the Seburo MN23 will be cloned pretty soon, I might as well put this out in public. I actually started this project at the same time as my A-team mini 14, but has a much later completion date. I've pretty much only completed much of the shell, a bit ironic I suppose. Although I still need to buy the MP7 for the gearbox I've already made measurements so it will fit. One major problem I've had are the lack of decent information about the gun and consistent information about it. I believe this is why Poseidon made one 10 years ago but wasn't a complete replica from the movie. Some of its parts and measurements were redesigned as well as having a Ver3 gearbox in it.

Heres what it looks like in the anime movie

m22.gif

And heres how far I've gone so far

100_0411.jpg

100_0414.jpg

Yes, it opens just as it should and I'll even make the gearbox easily removable for the installation of a Unit B (an upgraded MP7 gearbox). Another problem I have is the selector. Its supposed to have a P90 style selector, but the trigger is a pivoted type and not a slotted one. All this means is I can't make the selector a mechanical one and instead will make it an electronic switch between safe and full-auto. There are also a couple of features inconsistent in the film like the position of the take-down latch and bho lever; these two are interchanged in some scenes. I've also dug out some schematic drawings of the gun suggesting an integral laser aiming device similar to the C26A in the Stand Alone Complex series, however there is no support of this in the movie.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

P90 feeding would be difficult to modify, although I do remember someone once doing it. Inferno maybe? Not sure if he's under that on the forums but he did have a website.

As for the trigger, what about using a p90 slotted trigger, and then skeleton it so it only looks like the front half....Maybe? Don't know!

This is where the idea came from, 1911 has a slotted trigger, but you can also get these: (photo from DEN) HERE

P90 gearbox works just like any other, its the HOP UNIT that works upside down from normal.

P90 box may fit, though you'd want to measure it before you got one in case you ended up with a gun to large. (depends on how accurate you want it)

famas or aug anyone

v1 gearbox is much larger than the p90s gearbox. Aug uses v3 so the motor cage would stick out the bottom of the gun, as shown in the link in the OP you'd have to build something to cover it, making it look different from the anime.

P90 and AUG gearboxes wont fit. I wish they did though.

100_0520.jpg

Its not so much as the gearbox that doesn't fit, but more on the motor. With a Ver3, it sticks out from below. With a Ver6, it goes way beyond the back plus I'll need to invert it first just to clear the hop chamber which would make it also go through the top of the gun. The gun looks big enough on its own, but in truth its barely even larger than an Uzi. I don't mind using an MP7 gearbox really, but it will limit its use to CQB at probably 300fps tops.

P90 and AUG gearboxes wont fit. I wish they did though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/ren...ow/100_0520.jpg

Its not so much as the gearbox that doesn't fit, but more on the motor. With a Ver3, it sticks out from below. With a Ver6, it goes way beyond the back plus I'll need to invert it first just to clear the hop chamber which would make it also go through the top of the gun. The gun looks big enough on its own, but in truth its barely even larger than an Uzi. I don't mind using an MP7 gearbox really, but it will limit its use to CQB at probably 300fps tops.

then why not use the uzi's v5 box?

Its impossible to get parts for and isn't really capable of upgrades. I tried with mine, but their are too many places inside it that need to seal and don't under increased pressure. It's a little hard to explain but the air nozzle assembly is in a couple of different plastic parts that weren't intended to handle higher pressure. The gears and piston assembly held up great but in the end velocity fell from 330 (old m100 I had sitting around) back to 280ish after a game or two. But if he decided to go with it sock it would probably work fine.

Using a Ver5 gearbox miraculously fits and even aligns with the magazine, but it eats up all the space up front too which is the only place left for a battery.

If anyone else wants to make an M22, make it a GBB and save yourself the migraines. But then a WA M4 costs how much again?

Using a Ver5 gearbox miraculously fits and even aligns with the magazine, but it eats up all the space up front too which is the only place left for a battery.

If anyone else wants to make an M22, make it a GBB and save yourself the migraines. But then a WA M4 costs how much again?

The Uzi box is pretty narrow up front and their is a channel along the top for the stick battery to go, so it could work out well with the flip up design.

At first I thought the same with the ICS L85 gearbox, until I saw the quick detach spring guide. Thats an easy 2" over the rear limit. The same goes with the Ver7, which is the reason why my M14 got binned and turned into a Ruger mini 14 instead.

I use anything from 32mm to 60mm (od) pipes to make 2~3.5mm thick sheets. Cut a length of pipe, cut through along its length and subject to even heating. I use a gas stove; crude but effective. When its become soft enough I flatten it against two pieces of plywood until it cools. Gotta love thermoplasts. To join, just roughen up the surfaces and apply cyanoacrylic glue plus pressure. It also helps if your glue is industrial grade~very thin and flowing but potent and gets into every single crack.

Archived