Zastaba CZN M22

renegadecow

A V6 with motorcage is only 20mm longer then the V3 without,while keeping the same heigth. Although to work with a m16 or similar hop the triggerunit has to be discarded. Also thre cylinderhead may be reversed, involving minor filing and a not so minor tappetplate mod.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I'm not necro-posting, especially not in my own thread. I bare gifts of updates, all of which were made in the past week up to today. I've already figured out a lot of the technical bits. Took a REALLY long time though since I don't know how to use CAD or any engineering software and instead use my imagination, making schematic diagrams in my head until I pass out from an aneurysm.

Externally, now has ejection port, front bits

100_0786.jpg

Folds nice and proper, locks still not made

100_0790.jpg

Internals half done. Gearbox is easily replaced by removing only two screws. I initially intended a tool-less approach but was very impractical as it would imply having a second tricked-out gearbox replicating the "unit B" or an HV (high velocity) capable bolt assembly not to mention making everything stable at the same time. Two screws are the best I can do. 8.4V battery shown will sit ontop of outer barrel, slightly to the right.

100_0791.jpg

At this rate, I'm expecting to finish by the middle to late of next month.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wishing I HAD done the Poseidon version with all the benefits of a V3 gearbox. But I'm really bent at getting this as close to the one in the movie as possible, even the internal workings.

Working insanely overtime (wake up at 7am, work till 9am, start again at 7pm and end at 9pm) and progress is still at a snails pace.

Flash hider, though if you watch the movie over ten times like I have, you'd notice it does little to hide the flash it makes.

100_0800.jpg

Take down button and catch

100_0801.jpg

Magwell. Bevelled already but haven't installed the catch yet. Still have to fabricate the spring for that. You could also see from this shot how I laminate several layers of sheet PVC then just sculpt away with a dremel.

100_0804.jpg

Selector switch and top view of whats inside. Its just a simple toggle switch operated by that P90 style wheel selector.

100_0807.jpg

100_0808.jpg

Yup. Still haven't found a supplier of sheet PVC so I still wind up making them. Length of tube cut on one side, uniformly heated and flattened between plywood until cool. Thermoplasts are lovely. Grips are made of wood though, but I'll be impregnating them with resin later instead of molding ones out of fiberglass.

Yup. Still haven't found a supplier of sheet PVC so I still wind up making them. Length of tube cut on one side, uniformly heated and flattened between plywood until cool. Thermoplasts are lovely. Grips are made of wood though, but I'll be impregnating them with resin later instead of molding ones out of fiberglass.

I've been trying to think of a way to do just that... I'm always too worried they'll burst into flames and kill me :unsure:

Ahahaha!!! It's ALIVE! I've tested out all components to make it shoot and it does. Some problems with the feeding at the start of course, but was easily remedied (feed nozzle was short by 1mm :no2: ). I was so excited that I didn't bother waiting for the weekend to use a chrono; I used my right thigh. Compared to welts by my 260fps Uzi and my 200fps Detonics, it shoots about 230fps. Pretty sad but remember, its an MP7 gearbox and on top of that, a Well MP7.. Anyhow, I can always boost performance to 300fps after everything's done though I'd be happy enough with it just hitting a little over 250.

Bizurkur: PVC isn't really as flammable as you'd think. Just keep the piece on a metal tube, move it back and forth constantly and rotate it every pass. 3 minutes of this and it should be soft enough to manipulate.

Donut: I'm only really going this far into detail because its a keeper. If anyone requests I build one for them, I'd do the Poseidon version by default even if they offer me a silly amount of money. Unless I find a way to make fiber glass copies of the original.

• 2 weeks later...

Yay progress!

Charging handles fabricated. Fiddly little suckers too. The PVC was too weak due to thinned out areas so I had to glue on a sheet metal plate reinforcing the pin.

100_0834.jpg

Dummy bolt made and placed outside the receiver to show where and how it sits inside. To make things simple, I decided to make it fully reciprocating with the charging handles which doesn't matter much since this ain't blow back. But it cycles fully backwards though revealing the hop dial and then some.

100_0843.jpg

Partially finished with the sights. And to the upper left corner would be my 1kg worth of spring wire, purchased to end all my spring scavenging frenzies.

100_0841.jpg

And lastly, aiming at the therm-optically camouflaged multiped tank in the backyard.

tank.jpg

More on the sights:

On the diagrams I've stolen from the net, it shows a laser aiming device which was not used in the film. So I'm not putting it in. The film did however portray the iron sights with unbelievably clear visibility despite having those tall sight protectors which effectively dim the image on the actual sights. What I'm proposing to do is install battery assisted iron sights. These work pretty much like red dot sights for low to no light applications but can still be used to aim if in case the batteries go dead. In theory, I'll be installing short fiber optic rods or any light collimating material I could find with one end covered (so the target won't see the glow) and then install LED bulbs inside both sights with the batteries and switches located where the laser parts were drawn on. Does this sound silly?

Its definitely PVC, but I rough up the surfaces before gluing and painting which would make it look funny right now. As for the glue, this is the exact brand I use: Greco 888 cyanoacrylic adhesive comes in 50ml ($1) and 100ml ($2) bottles

http://cgi.ebay.ph/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...em=360085595931

They're made in China and industrial grade so I'm sure you could buy them locally instead of from ebay.

• 2 weeks later...

I am amazed at how well you can manipulate that pvc, the gun is looking very nice.

As for your idea with the sights, here's my suggestion: make the front and rear sight posts from two layers, cut a small groove in the inside face of each layer for the fiber optic cable to run through, and drill a hole in the side that faces the shooter for the cable to turn into and face towards the shooter. You would have three fibers, one dot on the front post, and two dots on the rear aperture, on either side. Run the three fiber optics to a very small led with a tiny battery, just glue them right up against the side of the led, that should run just enough light through them to light the sights up nicely in medium light, but not too bright in the dark. If you want me to give you a picture of my idea, I'll draw something up for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe this is the gearbox you need :

see picture :

http://anino.airsofters.ph/download/file.p...c&mode=view

it came from the JLS F2000. We at the team jokingly call it the version 2.6 because its a cross between the version 2, and 6.

Right below the Cylinder are two notches. the lower notch is actually a "trigger ear" where in you pull it and then it will fire.

Just trying to help ;)

That won't fit either, same as the V2,3, and 6. Either way, I'm already done.

I didn't apply the fiber-optic/battery assisted sights yet because when I tried doing the old 3 dot it worked pretty ok. There's still plenty of space left in the carry handle though so I may revisit it later on. I've also decided to give it a two tone color scheme. I blasted everything flat black at first but looked 2D like some cardboard cutout so I gave the grips, cheek piece, butt pad a slightly textured semi-gloss black finish just to break the lines.

100_0972.jpg

100_0975.jpg

100_0976.jpg

100_0978.jpg

And of course, the main features that the Poseidon version lacks:

split open take-down

100_0979.jpg

charging handle flips up (spring tension) and pulls all the way back reciprocating with the bolt cover to expose the hop adjustment wheel.

100_0984.jpg

100_0986.jpg

The Majors M22 and Togusas Mateba

100_0994.jpg

I suppose I could complete the set with Batous own oddity. Maybe if I watch the film another 20 times over.

spiw2020.gif

edit:

forgot to mention the freaky coincidence that this whole thing weighs exactly 2.4kg, the same weight stated in its spec sheet (the real fictitious specs)

The Poseidon version is also a lot more ergonomic IMO. They changed a lot of its lines to be more rounded for less snag, and theres the benefit of taking a V3 gearbox. The "chin" can actually be removed to look more like the one from the movie but will be no more than a stage prop.

As for the performance of the weapon: Its a Well MP7 <_< . Shoots 220fps with decent groupings (12" at 60') but the 8.4V batt empties my mag like diarrhea (900~950rpm). I'm having an 80mps spring installed bringing it to 260~270fps and if I'm still not happy with that, I get a 240mm (max length) inner barrel and a metal spring guide with bearings to push it a little past 300fps but can thread a needle at 200ft.

Archived