ICS M4 HOP UP help

kie

Right well Ive busted my 2nd ICS hop up :( and i was interested in purchasing a metal systema hop up to replace the ICS plastic design. i just wanted to know if the systema hop up is compatible with the ICS m4. any help would be much appreciated. :)

k

Nothing but ICS will fit. £26.50 from 01.

Shinanigans! all you need to do to get aftermarket hop ups to fit is dremel the tab on the feed tube that is on the front of the hop up unit. They all work. For a while I had a CA hop up unit in an ICS M4 because the ICS replacement hop up was on the way. Worked great.

thanks for the input guys. so how would you dremel the tab on the feed tube?

i don't know how they keep getting bust my first one went after 2 years constant use. one day all the internals exploded. so gutted it out and replaced them all, after the first skirmish the hop up was cracked along the top, Ive seen people have similar problems but i have no idea why it happened so soon. :angry:

thanks for the input guys. so how would you dremel the tab on the feed tube?

i don't know how they keep getting bust my first one went after 2 years constant use. one day all the internals exploded. so gutted it out and replaced them all, after the first skirmish the hop up was cracked along the top, Ive seen people have similar problems but i have no idea why it happened so soon. :angry:

Well you grind it down to the feed tube. I donthave the unit anymore otherwise I'd take a picture of it. It's really easy. Put the hop up unit in the gun unmodified and you will see which one needs filing and where it needs it :D

Well you grind it down to the feed tube. I donthave the unit anymore otherwise I'd take a picture of it. It's really easy. Put the hop up unit in the gun unmodified and you will see which one needs filing and where it needs it :D

Thanks PeaceKeeper, :) ill give it a try. i cant see any legitimate reason why mine shattered so soon, the M4 isn't modified in anyway and i know the internals like the back of my hand. I just hope ICS produce that metal hop up.

Must admit, I'd be more concerned to find what's causing the problem.

I have one of the first ICS M4s in the country and the hop-up is still perfect. The C-clip on the barrel has snapped and is held place with tactical sellotape but the unit, itself, is perfect.

If there's something breaking the hop-up housing it's either going to break the metal one as well OR the metal hop-up will be stronger than whatever is pressing against it and that other thing will break instead.

Must admit, I'd be more concerned to find what's causing the problem.

I have one of the first ICS M4s in the country and the hop-up is still perfect. The C-clip on the barrel has snapped and is held place with tactical sellotape but the unit, itself, is perfect.

If there's something breaking the hop-up housing it's either going to break the metal one as well OR the metal hop-up will be stronger than whatever is pressing against it and that other thing will break instead.

I agree i had the same problem with the C-clip but that was after about 2 years constant skirmishing. I felt quite disappointed because Ive always been very happy with ICS. the part that sustained damage was by the hop up spring. i presume the only way that this could happen is if the hop up is pressing against the inside of the upper receiver when it is closed, ill strip it down and have a good look before making any further short lived replacements, thanks for the help Stealth B.

i just thought id mention that this question was answered all of a week ago on this forum. I had ICS hop up issues and started a thread asking for a compatible replacement.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=137898

I believe there is also a link in there which shows you pic by pic how to customise an systema hop up to fit.

i just thought id mention that this question was answered all of a week ago on this forum. I had ICS hop up issues and started a thread asking for a compatible replacement.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=137898

I believe there is also a link in there which shows you pic by pic how to customise an systema hop up to fit.

thanks, i searched for quite some time but couldn't even get any results for "ICS m4"

Archived