USPS Money Orders

Not sure where to post this

But I had sent a USPS money order to a seller, but I have no received any item for four weeks (1 week for the money order to get there, 2-4 weeks in case he shipped UPS or so). I have tried everything to get in contact with him through pms and emails but he hasnt responded. Is there a way for me to get my money back?

so theres no fraud protection whatsover?? This is the first time i've been scammed through money order and I've been using it alongside paypal. I thought it was just safer to use money order because its a federal service, but at least with paypal dispute I can get SOME money back. :(

fairly sure you cant do anything about it. try to file a claim, but there is no real hope that things are going to turn up. and if it does, it takes them 2 months to get make out a check to you. most aggrevating thing ever. although some services such a moneygrams can take up to a year.

The thing with the Money Order is you have actual physical evidence that the payment was received, and cashed by the person it was sent to. It will have the endorsement on the back and needed to be either cashed via a bank account or with photo ID at a post office.

Archived