Cream of the crop SMG discussion

Mr.Hyde

well, my 2-3 year old heavily used ICS MP5 has been faultless up until a couple of months back, so i dont see much 'epic fail' there.

as for ths uzi - theres somethign about the internals thats weird - i cant quite remember what, but i dont think they match any other Gb internals, and i think they're plastic aswell. or something liek that. anyways, after hearing whatever it was i cant quite remember, i told myself not to consider it a a proper smg. the smallest 'proper' smg you can get is the MP5K.

Lets not start a CA vs ICS thread again, they've both got there plus points and they've both got there bad points, along with a few fanboys on each side.

As to the Uzi, a member of my club has one and it's very good, but from what I remember it's hard to upgrade. FPS is about TM standard, i.e. 260-270 and range is on par with stock TM's. He's had a problem getting spare parts for it, but if it was me I'd have the Uzi over the Mac10 anyday but I think it comes down to personal perfernce.

Ok guys get this:

The marui Mac 10 AEP is about $270 for the full set right?

The old marui uzi is $215 plus battery, so about $235, and it is a full AEG. So why would you buy the mac 10 unless the uzi is really bad? lol I almost bought the uzi a few days ago, I still want it. Anyone had one?

Indeed, and something you can get with the Uzi are 1500mah NIMH IB batteries, which will long outlast the Mac10's

I have an Uzi which i bought on impulse because they look so damn cool, and I do not regret it! Its range is amazing for its size and its accuracy and ROF are not drawbacks either. I ended up selling my MP7 after I got the Uzi because it really is that much more capable.

I know that if it breaks, I will have pretty much a dead gun, but I don't plan on upgrading or tweaking it and so far it's lasted a good year and a half and does not look like it's going to die any time soon.

Its that good? Really? Sweet, a few have been sitting around my local shop for a year or two, maybe I could get discounts on them ^_^.

I am assuming that the P90 is a better gun overall though right? At least it should be, from what I read.

Sorry stealth I was just joking around. Besides, you have said that the CA MP5s are much better then the ICS. Epic fail is a kinda of a running joke I that me and my buddies say. I also put it in bold for more "epicness".

The G3SAS is good for run-and-gunners due to large 500 hicaps, though the inner barrel isn't as long as the P90/G36c or MP5.

The P90 is good for pretty much anything you want to do, thanks to it's good hop-up and Ver6 GB.

The MP5K is a very compact piece - the GALAXY MP5Ks are great price for the money, bang on 1J and metal bushings etc. Only thing being the mag capacity.

The G&G/DE UMP is a good one too - Ver 3 gearbox, very good for pretty much anything, though it's a bit large - once you pick it up it becomes apparent that it's a BEEFY thing, beefier than the G36c. Alas, like the P90 the mags are very big and hard to store.

Of course I mean the B&T MP5.

I think the DE UMP terrible myself. I bought one and got a lemon. I know it happens sometimes but this one looked used, and the piston was so long it got in the way of the feed tube.

GBB SMGs are very cool indeed. The maruzen MP5K looks cool, but I am unsure of it. I would get the KWA M93R before I would buy that.

The G&G/DE UMP is a good one too - Ver 3 gearbox, very good for pretty much anything, though it's a bit large - once you pick it up it becomes apparent that it's a BEEFY thing, beefier than the G36c. Alas, like the P90 the mags are very big and hard to store.

Hi, I'm new (if you can't guess =p)

Do you have any suggestions for the UMP mags? I'm planning to get a G&G one, and by the looks of it, I won't be able to strap mags into anything I have standard.

The TM Aep's such as the Vz.61, mac 11, or the mp7a1 are great for primaries if you're considering SMG's. The hop up works great, and outranges other guns quite consistantly. Or go with an assault pistol, such as the TM mk23. That is probably the most accurate gun one can get, although it is gas.

My primary weapon is an mp5 and i've played with my friend's p90. I'm a point dot kind of person and the thing i didn't like about the p90 was the height of the point dot compared to where the barrel is. It felt too high or something so i would have to constantly guess how to adjust for distance. The mp5 is a little lower and with an aimpoint on a low mount it's at a nice height. The problem with the high-caps on the p90 is the way it feeds. It's not gravity fed, it's PUSHED with a spring. And yes it supposedly does work with maintenance but this is airsoft...you should never have to "maintain" ANYTHING for it to just work and i think that's why people stray away from high-cap p90 mags. Though this topic is kind of old so the OP might have already decided on a gun.

What i mean is bb's in other magazines are sitting on the feeding mechanism due to gravity. Where as the p90 mags are horizontal so they need a spring to PUSH the bb's INTO the feeding mechanism causing either too much force or not enough force since it's not uniformed pressure. It's gravity fed into the feeding mechanism. Not PUSHED into the feeding mechanism. Make more sense now?

if you dont "maintain", then you will come unstuck sooner or later

I don't understand...what do you mean you will come "unstuck"??? My MP5 and my 2 hi-caps NEVER needed "maintenance" in the 10 years i've had it and used it. It's been upgraded but never had to "oil change" it.

I have decided on a P90, but am looking to buy a second SMG lol. AEGs dont really need to be maintained unless they are damaged, which will happen sooner or later.

GBB on the other hand..............Need "lots of love" if you know what I mean. Bit of a nightmare after using AEGs, but I like it lol.

Archived