Shotgun question

darkchild130

I've tried and tried, but i just cant bring myself to like pistols. So i though i'd try a shottie as a secondary instead.

I was looking at this maruzen charger thing as a possible purchase but i have a couple of questions regarding shotgun use.

1. Is that gun a good choice? ( i dont care about shells or whatever, i want something reliable and practical)

2. Is the stock easily removable?

3. How the hell do i carry it without it moving about? As i run around like a loon and hate anything that flaps about.

Any help is appreciated :)

Darkchild

I've actually got one of these, and I have to say it's brilliant. circa 290 fps w/0.20g, hit-a-person-at-150ft. accuracy and pump action. Being a Maruzen CA870 it's really durable (fibreglass body) and relaible BUT does only fire 1 BB at a time, so it's more like a pump rifle really.

Also, unlike any of the other CA870 series, the hop-up is adjustable and I have found it to work best with 0.25g BBs - they go further more accurately than 0.20s.

You might not already know this, but it's mag fed - as is widely known, one of the best things about this gun is the cheap mags, most places have them in for £5, most I've ever seen is £10 at Fire-support. If you do get one, be aware that loading the mags with all 40 round can cause the mag lips to break off under the stress, so stick to about 35.

The only place I've seen it is Zero One for £100, and they have mags for a fiver each too. The mags are also pretty small, so it's easy to carry several.

As for carrying the gun itself, do what yubbermax said (Unit 318 - I think darkchild130 is intending this to be a backup gun to his main AEG) or do what I do and use a simple 2-point sling tightened up to stop it swinging (actually a sports bag strap! *cough* cheapskate *cough*)

Hope this helps, any other questions?

Stu

If you don't like things flapping about & getting in the way .I wouldn't recomend getting a shotty as a backup :waggle: especially that one .Unfortunatly the only sensible backup option is a pistol ,unless you get a tiny sawn-off style shotty :rolleyes: .Of which there are some very nice ones :D

Don't overlook smg's as backup's; I also hate pistols, so I carry a gas vz-61 instead, which has served me very well- on single shpt it's got a reasonable range, and you can always switch to full auto when things get hairy. The downside is expensive mags though, so an aep version of the same may also be a good choice.

-matt

Have you tried a Viper South African Assault vest? They are relatively cheap £30 or so... have an ample amount of mag pouches which can fit M4/M16, G36, Fa-mas and G3 sized mags.

The design of the vest means that it has two large pockets at the rear which extend up your back, the pockets have loops on meaning you can attach an assault rifle(without mag in magwell) with ease, I regulary strap my G36 to my back and I find it doesn't swing about much.

What pistols are you talking about? Glocks and other 9mm handguns are pretty terrible at range I would have to agree. Try a TM desert eagle, shoots 200' on propane and kicks like a mule.

If that fails, then get one of those UTG M3 clones. $65 for a UTG M3 shorty. It comes with 2 shells and shoots 3 at once, and $15 for 6 extra shells.

Or the ACM M500 is another option. You could get a pistol grip for it. I would get the 8mm is the better of the 2. Then just sling it and pull the sling off when you want to use it.

I almost bought 2 galaxy MP5Ks to cross sling, I dont use a vest. If you mod them to take 9.6 batteries and put systema magnum motors in them, crazy ROF. The stock motors on those guns are really lame, about 13 RPS.

A TM P90 is another option, really easy to sling and 300 hicaps. Granted, carrying more mags is a drag, but you could do it.

ICS also make little tiny M4 pistols that take M4 mags. I have heard they are very good. Maruzen make a mean MP5K, put a tight bore in it for more power on duster gas. The AEP SMGs are yet another option, but I think they kinda suck myself.

The old tm uzi is supposed to be much better then the new Mac 10, plus it is just awesome. It is also cheaper then the mac 10.

The KWA M93R is also a good pistol, not a ranged gun by any means. But for those in your face moments it is one of the better guns out there. I want to get one with some 50rd mags ^_^.

The VFC AK74U is very cool as well, you could use one of those.

Personally I carry a few back ups, with more on the way. I find I get bored of my main gun I pull out my DEs. I have a 10" chrome and 6" DE and they always turn heads. Then my .44 lives in a shoulder holster. I have done a bit of research on this subject lol.

Have you tried a Viper South African Assault vest? They are relatively cheap £30 or so... have an ample amount of mag pouches which can fit M4/M16, G36, Fa-mas and G3 sized mags.

The design of the vest means that it has two large pockets at the rear which extend up your back, the pockets have loops on meaning you can attach an assault rifle(without mag in magwell) with ease, I regulary strap my G36 to my back and I find it doesn't swing about much.

I have a real SA assault vest (no viper *beep* for me) it doesnt feel to comfortable compared to my molle gear so i dont use it anymore.

@MrHyde: Im talking about all pistols. I just dont like them unfortunately. I feel i may just buy a cheap springer shottie and see if i can get some cqb kills with it.

Darkchild

Archived