Upgrading my Glock

Smith5

Hi all. Im upgrading my KSC G34 and I would like some advice from someone with a bit more experience then myself.

As it is at the moment it is as stock, with the KSC metal barrel and slide. So far all I have installed (successfully) is an AS floating valve; I am still using the stock spring for the valve however.

I plan on doing the following things to the gun in hope of upping its performance:

-Floating valve

-Hi flow valve into the mags

-Stronger recoil spring

-Stronger hammer spring

-KM teflon tightbore

-SD reinforced loading ramp (or KSC part 8 for the G19 assuming its metal, would this fit?)

Thats for starters. Ive seen loads of other stronger/reinforced/aftermarket etc parts whilst browsing WGC (which is where I think im going to order most of this stuff from) but dont know what else or if anything extra is worth getting? I want to squeeze every last ounce of performance out of this pistol as its my preffered primary for pistol only games.

Also, I have seen on fire-support the hurricane tuneup kit :)(http://www.fire-support.co.uk/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=1134). This contains a new recoil spring and guide rod, hiflow valve, hammer spring and floating valve (which I know is w*nk from reading up on stuff, I wouldnt be using anyway). Is this kit worth the money or would buying the same parts separately from other manufactureres be better?

What do people think, does this sound like a good line plan of upgrades? Should I change/add any other parts? Should I not bother with anything Ive mentioned or change anything Im planning on doing?

Lots of questions, but its the first time I'll have done anything this big to a gun and I just want some further input and advice. Thanks

ummm.if you haven't already gotten it, a metal slide is the way to go..you don't get that extra ROF, but who cares...i dropped my G17 out of a window and its fine..ya know why? the metal slide was so high quality, all it did was scratch...perfectly functional gun!

I don't like the Hurricane tune up kits. The floating valve is junk, and the hi flow doesn't work.

I think you should find a PGC Hi Flow (Chrono proven gains)

KM Glock 34 barrel

Guarder Recoil Guide rod

That actual set up shot over 350 for me (in a G18C). I would avoid the hammer spring since it does boost fps some, but generally makes cycling a bit more notchy.

What do you guys think is the best high flow valve for a KSC Glock? I've bought a bunch and they all seem to suck. Hurricane just didn't have the power, Nine-ball didn't work with green gas and G&G was just too high.

It's possible that they just don't work becuase my Glock is ancient.

Id love a RS mag catch, a long one like it has at the moment. Kinda hard finding them though and american retailers seem to be reluctant to ship gun parts the UK from reading a few websites. I also wanted tritium sites and a RS Glock tac light but again, getting them to the UK seemed to be the problem.

What do you guys think is the best high flow valve for a KSC Glock? I've bought a bunch and they all seem to suck. Hurricane just didn't have the power, Nine-ball didn't work with green gas and G&G was just too high.

It's possible that they just don't work becuase my Glock is ancient.

The PGC Hi Flow (available from UNCo and GnG) posted the highest gains for me. You can check chrono numbers here but those numbers are with a fully upgraded gun.

in my g26 i put:

hidakaya hammer spring

sd floating valve

km sti edge 5.5 inner barrel

unco upgraded recoil spring and valve

and other bits i don't remember.it shoots consistently.i've choosen these parts because i heard here that were pretty good.i would go with glock standard adjustable sights.but since g34 already has adjustable sights why don't keep those?

Today I fitted the tighbore I ordered.

It went in easily and I think everything has gone back together correctly. I dont have the range to check I havent fcuk'd the hop-up up. The plan was to test the normal barrel against the new tighbore so I could see for myself the imporvement (if any) in the accuracy. However, I was a little too enthusiastic with the lube when putting everything back together and now the bb's please themself as far as aiming goes as i think there is too much silicon spray in the hop. Ill try gain later when I have a bit more time.

With the first few mags fired, when cocking the gun to load the first round, the slide stopped short by about 1mm of returning to battery, but there was no resistance if I nudged it the last bit. After a few mags this problem dissapeared. The gun cycles and fires normally as far as I can tell.

The major difference I did notice immediately is that the recoil is a lot harder than before, and the noise produced is different (my friend in the room also commented on this). Is this normal? Id assume it is. It does feel like it is shooting harder now than before, but without a chrono handy I dont know what the FPS was or now is.

Archived