RSOV messing up. Again.

Mike_West

Maybe Keith is a saint, but his crew is, apparently, screwing around. Not only their 'tracking system' acts like an utter dummy ("We are processing your order and will ship shortly" since I placed the order), but the last delivered order is still listed as "processing", despite my emails that I got it. TWO BLOODY MONTHS AGO.

Anyway, situation goes like this: I placed an order on March 4, way past the Chinese New Year mess. I still have no info what's happening to it, if it has been processed, packed, sent to TNT, shipped - nothing. According to RSOV themselves, my package was processed last Monday - if it really was, where's the TNT tracking number, or anything? I'm not even sure if they understood my typical request for a detailed invoice this time (previous two times they did, but now their emails give me a different clue...).

Maybe Keith is a saint, but his crew is, apparently, screwing around. Not only their 'tracking system' acts like an utter dummy ("We are processing your order and will ship shortly" since I placed the order), but the last delivered order is still listed as "processing", despite my emails that I got it. TWO BLOODY MONTHS AGO.

Anyway, situation goes like this: I placed an order on March 4, way past the Chinese New Year mess. I still have no info what's happening to it, if it has been processed, packed, sent to TNT, shipped - nothing. According to RSOV themselves, my package was processed last Monday - if it really was, where's the TNT tracking number, or anything? I'm not even sure if they understood my typical request for a detailed invoice this time (previous two times they did, but now their emails give me a different clue...).

Well this is what they have posted in there web page. I've never had a problem with them.

'RSOV' Store Announcement - March 04, 2008

[Announcement] USD0.00

Click to enlarge

________________________________________________________________________________

______

Store Announcement (March 04, 2008) :

Important Notice ...

Important Notice to our valuable customers / friends .....

Due to the mass influx of orders after the Chinese new year holiday we are seriously swamped with hundreds of pending orders. In order to avoid further stack up of new orders we are sorry to announced that rsov.com on-line store will stop taking new orders from March 05 to March 07 and will be backed in operation on March 08, 2008.

During the days you can still browse through rsov.com but not able to add any item into the shopping cart. We will keep responding to emails at ' enquiry@hk-knd.com', ' sales@hk-knd.com ' and ' aftersales@hk-knd.com ' as usual so please email us if you have any inquiries we will get back to you shortly.

We have to take this opportunity to say sorry to those customers who received their package late in the past weeks. Also we have to say thanks to all of you trusting and supporting keith and rsov.com in the past.

Thanks a lot and we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Yours

keith

www.rsov.com

All rsov.com logos and user bars courtesy of friends and bros at ASCUK.

*facepalm*

I can read.

Anyway, I asked them to include a detailed invoice, like two previous times. They didn't. Instead, I got another "Guns 170 bucks, accessories 145 bucks" worthless scrap of paper.

*facepalm again*

All that after a whole day of dealing with morons at work.

I placed my order on the 9th of march & i am in the same boat as you with the same lack of info so i sent them an email to two seperate email addresses (enquiries & aftersale) with paypal transaction number, time, date, their transaction number & averything else i thought they would need.

Will keep you all updated.

AP.

• 2 weeks later...

i have been waiting for a quote from them for nearly a month now,

i had one quote but was OTT with the price and they said they would requote and never did,

then keith said he would chase it up and it has not been,

it was before the chinese New year that i origionally asked for a quote

Also i never got a detailed invoice either, i know they send them to get through customs but they could email a detailed invoice over easily.

i've had a few problems with rsov before making things more difficult than it already is for europeans to import. but seeing how my recent experience with rsov had been delayed for about 3 weeks without any notification even when i ordered prior to the cut off date...

now i'm beginning to realise there're a few types of people that give feedbacks to rsov/keith.

ones that will say rsov/keith is awesome no matter what and always backs him up with whatever excuse that goes with it may it be true or not

ones that will be very objective and state exactly what's happened and want to know why it did. i.e. the above posters.

i've also realised that rsov is beginning to post less on this forum in the threads that have problems with their orders. maybe... he's just too busy? maybe...

Seems they're completely flooded with orders at the moment and as such are taking the extreme measure of close their website to new orders every Wednesday to Thursday! http://www.rsov.com/product/0/1595/p_RSOV-...il-01-2008.html

I wish they'd fix the system so you can still put things in the cart, that drove me mad last time they were shut, I like to collect things in my shopping basket for a few weeks; I'll then decide what I really need vs the stuff I really need but not so badly (:P) then place the order. Fair enough if you can't go to the checkout but the shopping cart/account system allows you to keep a items in the cart for weeks on end.

All in all my ordering experiences from RSOV have been great, I've had no problems with any of my orders. I have had a email query or two that I never got a reply to though. On my last order; I didn't receive a "order shipped" email, it wasn't until I got impatient did I look on their tracking system to find it was only a day away from being delivered :)

Sounds like Keith needs to hire more staff but that's going to slow the trained staff down while they train the newbies up :mellow:

Same here as Dalno.

I ordered stuff in early March and it's here. My order was delayed as stated on their web site [they did report what orders they we processing and that they were 4-5 days behind]

Anyway, notwithstanding the delay, all went ok. I'm pleased.

If the RSOV guy [Keith] checks this forum, perhaps he can update this thread with the situation and help with any issues.

Good luck with your orders

Good Hunting

I haven't had any problems with RSOV, e-mails are few and far between but have always received the stuff in a timely fashion...alot of the time its the post office sending it to the customs office for presentation that holds things up.

I suggest you go through the HK post office tracking system for info, if it has cleared HK waters then go to the EMS tracking system for your country.....Japan is very slow at updating thier records on the main system but will process things rapidly thier side, so it might be the same for your country.

Also If you have selected TNT or UPS bewarned.... everything is presented to customs both outbound and inbound, so it will get stopped in HK and inspected then upon arrival in your country it will be inspected. Often adding 10 days to shipping.

Also updating thier info regarding shipment.... have the same problem on Redwolf....got an order from 2 years ago that is still pending dispite actually receiving the stuff 8 days after the money had cleared.

If your still waiting stuff or haven't received confirmation, send a flagged e-mail with receipt notification to one or all of the e-mail address displayed.

But to be honest....all retailers in HK are bogged down...it took 20 days for my m249 cloth mag to arrive from HK and that was Redwolf.

Got my stuff today, all seems to be working well. Just would've appreciated some faster service and some notification for the whole nine day delay in shipping my order. Only real complaint at this point is how overkill the orange paint was on my Glock AEP - probably about four inches of the barrel, which is really an eyesore seeing how it's a Glock 18C and the top part of the barrel is exposed through the slide.

Archived