The armed police Took my friends!

wildchild

Hi everyone, me and my 4 mates were practising for when we go to the next skirmish, in a big forest near reading. We were very deep in and had never seen any people near us. I left and my mates stayed and carried on. Now i have just been called by the parents of on of my mates saying that they have been taken away in seperate cars and read their rights by the armed police. How do the laws stand in this country (UK) and will they get their guns confiscated. They are all stock marui aeg's ie m16 mp5a4 mp5sd6 apart from one which is a glock 19 GBB.

Cheers All

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi everyone, me and my 4 mates were practising for when we go to the next skirmish, in a big forest near reading. We were very deep in and had never seen any people near us. I left and my mates stayed and carried on. Now i have just been called by the parents of on of my mates saying that they have been taken away in seperate cars and read their rights by the armed police. How do the laws stand in this country (UK) and will they get their guns confiscated. They are all stock marui aeg's ie m16 mp5a4 mp5sd6 apart from one which is a glock 19 GBB.

Cheers All

Well, they are probably getting charged with trespassing for sure.

This is why you should only play where you have permission.

stick to a site. Cos if you're mates lose their guns and have them destroyed, that's the price they'll have to pay, not to mention the fact that if this ends up in the papers it could put a seriously BIG smudge against the sport of Airsoft.

Mate your bigger concern is what the fruitcage will happen to your mates. NOT if you get your guns back or not! Im glad that you got out of it but still shocked that you could be so stupid!

Were they carrying eye protection when they were lifted? Becuase that may strengthen your friends case.

jesus how could you be so stupid!!! always ask permission and never play on public land whether or not you never see anyone there!!

there is only 2 words in the dictionary of english to ecplain your actions: irresponsible and idiotic!

now we get bad press because of this and meanwhile your worried about your guns!!! worry about your mates!

jesus!

sorry had to be said

This is exactly the type of irresponsible behaviour which brings our sport closer to being banned or further restrictions on the ownership of the guns..... :angry:

You should NEVER use these in a public place, secluded or not.

Right lets think of something constructive now. Im sure you know that you were wrong, unbelieveably stupid and i hope youve learnt your lesson on where to play. You might not get a second chance.

So what happens next people? Im assuming that they have been charged with possesion of a replica firearm in a public place. So how do we dealwith this?

What the :ranting2: were you and your mates thinking prior to going out earlier that day? It doesnt matter if their guns were stock or anything. The fact that you are running around in PUBLIC with airsoft guns is NOT socially acceptable.

Quite frankly Im glad they were detained.

I hope you learn from this. On another note, I hope your mates dont get their guns back. CountDoom, Why in the :ranting2: would you even promote the idea of playing airsoft in public? It is NEVER acceptable. :waggle: To add, This message is intended as a flame.

Equaly i find it amazing that people think a 12 year old has a real m-4 and colt 1911!! But thats where mothers against guns got us ey??

But just be less stupid in the future... u have been told :) But only so you may improve, it is all for the best etc.

How old are you and your mates?

Right, this is what happened to some guys I knew at Hatfield uni.

They were driving around St Albans picking someone up, one of the guys found a cap gun on the back seat and picked it up to have a look at it, as far as I know, he didn't point it at any passersby, but he was spotted with it in the car as they passed someone.

It was reported to the police.

They were followed back to uni and when they got out the car they were pounced on by the ARU.

Thankfully they didn't get shot.

They did spend a night in the cells.

I do not believe the police have the ability to confiscate their guns, unless they are taken into evidence to be used in court (our resident solicitor may be able to clarify that)

The police will however be able to advise their parents that they dispose/hand over the weapons for disposal to prevent a reoccurance of the event.

Wildchild i (and im sure many others) have been tempteded to go into public and use airsoft guns deep in a forest were 'no one can see you', but at the end of the day they deserve what ever they get, sorry mate buts thats the fact of the matter.

Cheers

Dickens

Archived