The armed police Took my friends!

wildchild

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry about my blunt reply earlier I was in a rush to get to the golden arches.

So you and your mates were playing deep in some woods with your stock weapons where you THOUGHT nobody could see you.

Obviously someone did see you because someone phoned the police. So that's where you made a mistake.

It depends what they are charged with (if they're charged at all) as to if they get their weapons back. They may be siezed as evidence for court.

What I would imagine most likely is that they will accept a caution (providing it's a first offence) and their weapons will be kept for a short time, then destroyed.

It appears that no-one saw us, but someone one of my mates had a punch up with grassed him in. Thanks For the flaming, but we have spoken to the ranger of the area about its use for airsoft, and he said it was fine, and all the people we have every spoke to over there abotu airsfot say it is a brilliant hobby as my area hs a very bad drugs problem and it keeps us out of that.

As far as im concerned your flaming is completely right, airsoft is illegal in a public place, but as this forest is more a private forest ( patrolled by rangers etc) then it should be legal.

BTW they all had goggles, no knives or anything. And i am worried about my mates but the main thing they are worried about is what will happen to their guns. And seeing they are in the nick, i thought i would get some info on where they stand.

And yes they did get a bit PWNED.

Didn't he say they where deep in the woods? :huh: I'm not sure of the laws in the UK but in the US you only have to be 100yd away from any developed area. We only had the police come around once we first started to skirmish at our site, and they played a few games with us.

It appears that no-one saw us, but someone one of my mates had a punch up with grassed him in. Thanks For the flaming, but we have spoken to the ranger of the area about its use for airsoft, and he said it was fine, and all the people we have every spoke to over there abotu airsfot say it is a brilliant hobby as my area hs a very bad drugs problem and it keeps us out of that.

As far as im concerned your flaming is completely right, airsoft is illegal in a public place, but as this forest is more a private forest ( patrolled by rangers etc) then it should be legal.

BTW they all had goggles, no knives or anything. And i am worried about my mates but the main thing they are worried about is what will happen to their guns. And seeing they are in the nick, i thought i would get some info on where they stand.

And yes they did get a bit PWNED.

I would suggest that just because the forest is patroled by "rangers" doesn't make it a private place.

And yes while you may have spoken with the ranger you never know who may happen past not knowing the ranger (Yogi Yogi Bear) has gievn his OK for people to run round with weapons.

You got flamed because, suprisingly, we all care.

EDIT:

I'd just like to point out it's not you or your mates we care about, it's people giving our hobby a bad name and helping to get it banned.

Cheers,

xRx

Right, I'm not going to flame you this time, because you seem to know what happened was wrong.

So I cannot see how the police can actually do anything if you had the permission of the Forest Ranger, as they are the authorative figure of that land, so surely it must be something to do with their age possibly?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but surely if you were to get ahold of the Ranger which said you could use that area of land then things should be sorted out, unless of course you strayed off of the land you were given permission to play on?

Adam

Didn't he say they where deep in the woods? :huh:  I'm not sure of the laws in the UK but in the US you only have to be 100yd away from any developed area. We only had the police come around once we first started to skirmish at our site, and they played a few games with us.

That wouldn't be likely here in the UK. Police don't want to see guns in public, even toy ones and you will probably get the armed police team at ur front door. I suppose its more common over there in the states. (to see guns).

J

Apparently CID are involved, i dont really know what they do, so can anyone suggest why they are involved?

We are all 15 but one of us who is 14. I spoke to an off-duty policeman earlier and he said there should be no problem with us doing that, and he cannot see why they were carted off.

Right, I'm not going to flame you this time, because you seem to know what happened was wrong.

So I cannot see how the police can actually do anything if you had the permission of the Forest Ranger, as they are the authorative figure of that land, so surely it must be something to do with their age possibly?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but surely if you were to get ahold of the Ranger which said you could use that area of land then things should be sorted out, unless of course you strayed off of the land you were given permission to play on?

Adam

Just because someone has permission to be somewhere by the rangers doesn't mean the Police will think it's OK.

If, for example, the Rangers OK'd it and then some member of the public happened to see them out running about slotting one another and called the police. I would be looking to lock them up. In my opinion running about with realistic replica weapons is likely to cause fear alarm or distress. Thus they'd get nicked for Section 4 Public Order Act....

Don't think you should be jumping to conclusions like that, for one they have AEG's what Chavs do you think could afford that, or would pay that much just to cause trouble? Secondly, although they were wrong, and have been flamed accordingly, they seemed to try and do their best to avoid this, perhaps if 'wildchild' had told us that in the first instance then maybe something more constructive might of come from this before the 2nd page.

So don't jump to conclusions about people like you did, as its clearly out of order and more than likely completely wrong.

Adam

Edit: I see where you are coming from there xRAZERx, and you probably know more than I do on this subject, so in that case, would it of been best if they had informed the police that they were going to be there, and that they had permission from the Ranger, and so appeared very responsible to the authorities, and all of this would have been avoided? I think that might have been the best course of action, but I don't think that would work in the future.

Apparently CID are involved, i dont really know what they do, so can anyone suggest why they are involved? 

We are all 15 but one of us who is 14. I spoke to an off-duty policeman earlier and he said there should be no problem with us doing that, and he cannot see why they were carted off.

Maybe the person who grassed you up, as you put it , claimed something else (eg threats to kill) that brought the CID into it.

However it's all very well us speculating but we won't actually know untill you find out and tell us.

Edit: I see where you are coming from there xRAZERx, and you probably know more than I do on this subject, so in that case, would it of been best if they had informed the police that they were going to be there, and that they had permission from the Ranger, and so appeared very responsible to the authorities, and all of this would have been avoided? I think that might have been the best course of action, but I don't think that would work in the future.

Yes they could have informed the police. However I don't believe that would have stopped this happening. I guess it would depend on the local force policy....

Sorry about not giving all the info straight away, but as you can tell i was in a bit of a panic, as they carted of some of my best mates. I will update as news comes in, and i will speak to phil when he gets out of there. (phil was one of the people there)

I dont really think you have read my above posts, IT WAS NOT A MEMBER OF THE PUBLIC that called the police, it was some that had a grudge against one of the players there, as when the police got there they were only looking for a person named shane cripps.

No I did read your post. I was simply expanding on your situation to show others how STUPID it is to 'soft in public places even with permission of a quasi authority figure.

I think the great Sheriff John Burnell can sum this up better than me.

"The only place this guy's going, is to jail"

As this thread seems to be growing faster than I can read it I will simply state:

The crime commited is Trespass with a firearm:-

Section :

Sub-Section :

Act :

Firearms Act 1968

Subject :

Trespass With A Firearm

Max. Sentence Magistrates Court :

6 Months

Max. Sentence Crown Court :

7 Years

Method of Trial :

Either Way

Power of Arrest :

Arrestable Offence

Note that those are custodial sentences, I'd worry more about whether your mates are going to spend time doing porridge.

No idea yet, i really need to speak to one of them.

Phil has had his interview, and has been thrown back in the cells again.

And apparently our guns are bieng testd to see if they are over the legal limit.

Did u modify them or not? If you did they probably wouldn't let u play at a skirmish site anyway, right? Mind u they dont exactly check your guns when you arrive at these sites.

J

No idea yet, i really need to speak to one of them.

Phil has had his interview, and has been thrown back in the cells again.

And apparently our guns are bieng testd to see if they are over the legal limit.

While I don't mean to suggest you are a troll I'm a bit curious how you are so well informed of this situation?

As this thread seems to be growing faster than I can read it I will simply state:

The crime commited is Trespass with a firearm:-

Note that those are custodial sentences, I'd worry more about whether your mates are going to spend time doing porridge.

I'd suggest as they seem to have had permission to be there no tresspass has been comitted....

It would all depend on what the caller to the police said in his call

Archived