The armed police Took my friends!

wildchild

He said previously that they were 'stock' and so cannot be over the legal limit, or shouldn't be.

His friends can't really be put away since they are not of age, since they are all 15, bar one who is 14, so that classes them as minors and so the way the law treats this case would be different would it not?

Adam

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fair enough your friends had "Goggles on", to be safe, but then they were carrying relpica weapons. what do think is gonna happen, even if the warden says its ok he doesnt individually tell evry person in the park / forest to watch out for you, or the police ( who hold much more autority ) for that matter. Its lucky your pals didnt get slotted, as there probably would have been some massive public uproar and all us unlucky sods on the forum would have to hand in all our kit.

ok sort of the same subject i live in Guildford uk and im making my finel major project for my course which hapens to be a film.

my film just happens to involve a few scens with guns in some woods and a big open space ontop of a hill.

now the law really didnt enter my head simply because my film isnt about guns they will simply be in the film for their simberlism. but obviosly being in woods just opersit me is a publick place.

so now briking it knowing i dont have time to rethink and re skript what the hell should i do? buy a toy gun and some how place into the credit why it was a toy? or risk it knowing that most of my film the guns will be conseald and a video camera will be their at all times? or some how shoot with out the guns and place some close ups in my garden (which will look taky)

what do u sugest?

the guns are a spring colt exstention thing i think and a gas Styr 9mm para pistol

dasilva: Talk to your local police department about doing filming on the said area, at a said time, and explain how the guns are to be used in the film, and with any luck they will realise that you are responsible, and may just ask to see the replicas you are to be using, and may possibly send someone down on the date of the filming to make sure everything is in order.

Adam

ok razerx thats up to you, but i swear to you that is the truth. its up to you whether you choose to belive it or not, but why on earth would i lie about it? are you trying to say i am in the nick aswell? as i am obviosly not.

And whats with the troll thing? V. Confused

Sledge is right dude, you just need to be careful. I dont want this sport getting banned, i love airsofting and i dont want some kids messing about in a forest taking it away from me/us (im no good at any other sport... well im not bad at pool). Any way man keep us posted.

Cheers

If this is really is happening, I'd be quite alarmed if I was you. Not least of all because friends can be notoriously free with their tongues when in the nick...:P

Rangers typically are employed to maintain public woodland areas such as National Parks etc. Typically these areas are public, and by definition of being a public place, you endangered the public. Yes, I know that there was no-one around, but how can you keep tabs on that?

That CID could be involved is indeed a worrying sign. This usually isn't something that should concern them, to the best of my knowledge. I'm not sure quite why they might have gotten involved, but typically unless the local constabulary is having a crack down on this sort of crime or they have reason to believe that more was going on than simply a few irresponsible kids playing airsoft.

Unfortunately as has already been said, it's hard to say what's going to happen until you find out whether your friends have been charged or simply cautioned. I should imagine they might keep them in overnight to put the fear of god into them then release them, but in the current political climate with the anti-terrorism and ASBO issues quite prominent atm, they could be attempting a crack down on whatever they perceive this to fall under.

Archived