TM Tracer unit revamp

Catman

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so getting this! :o

My old tracer was quite nice, but the person who decided to use plastic on the 14mm negative thread should be subject to severe punishment, like serving at the microsoft support hotline for 48hrs straight. :P

There's been quite a gap in the market for this, the tracer mags have been the only thing available but sadly they're not all that great and rather limiting.

I hope TM release different colour tracer BBs, I've only seen green and orange (I think it was).

Naturally a solution appears on the horizon after I buy 100 UV leds to make my own tracer system :P

can somebody explain how it works?

It's quite simple. You get yourself some tracer BBs (i.e. BBs coated with luminous colouring). When fired, the BBs pass a photo sensor, which triggers a very bright stroboscope flash inside this mocked silencer thingie. So the coated BB is lighted in flight and giving off the light during flight. Looks like star wars during night games, only with orange and green colors. :P

I stand by my prior statement. It's about time for another one of these to be release into the market. There haven't been any tracer units out other then those mags for about 4-7 years now. Somewhere around there. Then They discontinued them then I see them at AEX. I mean stability for one (but thats another rant) but mostly keep making them. I can't wait to try this one.

I have always wanted a tracer unit. Now that TM is redoing theirs this will move up a few notches on my "need to buy" list. I would like to see the business end though. Is it 6mm sized or 14mm sized like the treaded end. Someone with an older unit may be able to answer that one.

The original Units suffered from the aforementioned plastic threading but were also very finicky. You could not use Energizer maxs or duracell ultra's, the batteries had to be removed after each use to prevent burnout(the units themselves were often left on by accident.) And...the circuitry...while simple was prone to toasting. That being said.....I owned 3(again because of the plastic threads)..and i can say its the best $85 you can spend legally and have that much fun. I will prolly pick up a few as my old ones were used to salvage a few friends toasted ones. Now if they can put out a .3g tracer for my PTW....

Hopefully, the tracer will fit with the surefire foregrip installed. BTW, great heads up on the new Glock 34 on main page.

Ah the Surefire foregrip would be a nice one! lol, I was too busy to write new things lately, but glad I did have time!

All of you who complain about the plastic treads. Why did you not just buy the aftermarked metal treads? - Both PDI and KM made them, you can even still get the KM one at WGC.

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...ULL_srch_tracer

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...TA2_srch_tracer

My poor old tracer unit, I left the batteries in it once and one leaked destroying some of the circuitry. Managed to bypass/fix some of it but I'd turn the unit on and I could literally watch the this one PCB tracks destroy itself, I still got it and it half works still (has to be in the mood) :P

I didn't think tracer BBs were coated, IIRC they're solid glow-in-the dark plastic stuff - Mind you I've only ever used the TM ones. I wonder if it'd be possible to get blue or red tracer BBs? :D

My poor old tracer unit, I left the batteries in it once and one leaked destroying some of the circuitry. Managed to bypass/fix some of it but I'd turn the unit on and I could literally watch the this one PCB tracks destroy itself, I still got it and it half works still (has to be in the mood) :P

I didn't think tracer BBs were coated, IIRC they're solid glow-in-the dark plastic stuff - Mind you I've only ever used the TM ones. I wonder if it'd be possible to get blue or red tracer BBs? :D

Interesting theory about the BBs. I have some Excel and Straight tracer BBs at home. I will crush them, then we'll see if the plastic glows as a whole or if it's just a coating. :)

I've never heard of red and blue tracer rounds, but I have some faint orange ones where the colour comes quite close to real tracer rounds. Really freaks out the guys who only know the green ones, because in flight they look genuinly hot. :D

You might want to drop screamin_weasel a PM, as he said he'd seen the blue, red and purple ones. He might remember where he saw them.

I, for one, think that a few different colours would be quite cool for something a touch more individual!

Man, why four triple A's?

Couldnt they have made the darn thing run off of a single or even two double a's?

I really hate having to carry around a bag full of triple A's.

Then again...its a tracer unit, who cares. :D

Archived