What's your favorite shot ever?

shinigami49

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GZ Aug bank holls weekender year before last:

Confirmed 1 shot 90m kill with 500fps vsr.

Lordy, the fact that the recipient felt & called the hit made my day. Even better, he was a 'card holder' & by the rules of that particular game had to stand where he was for 10 mins, allowing me to confirm range details etc.

Greg.

Probably a springer shot that I did in a woodland area with little simplistic huts built there with "windows" to peek and shoot from. I was in one and from the window I saw some guy noticing me in another hut&window and immiedately took cover. I decided to shoot a nice little springer *plop* shot over there although there was practically nothing to shoot at. But as the shot was done and the bb was flying towards the other hut's window, the other guy decided to peek out just at that right moment and took a hit to the head :3

Either that or any hit I've shot with the G18 EBB. Every time I did that I could "hear" the UT/Quake-announcer say "Humiliation!" ^__^

Putting a three round burst onto a cheating child from 150 feet. He wasn't taking his hits (numerous) as we could see him wincing. It was quite cold and I managed to get the back of his fingers. His gun went one way, and he the other. A rather vindictive chuckle was emmitted.

My favorite shot happened just this past summer. I was at a rec game and the setup of the field was a 3x2 acre strip, with a large central path and 2 paths down the sides with bukers and tire walls and other things t hide behind and cover. I was about 2/3 way down the central path, and running my m14 that game. The tango was perched up behind a tire bunker, say, 90 feet away. I take aim at a very small opening between 2 tires, maybe 1.5-2inches wide and about 6inches high, expecting to miss, but the "TWACK" of a .28bb cruising about 360fps hitting rubber would be enough to make him duck or mistakenly show a body mass large enough to score a definate hit and allow my teammates to advance to the objective. I took my shot, and watched as my bb sailed right in through the small opening, hitting him in the side of his mid-section. Followed by a surprised "Sonuvab****, Nice shot...HIT!"

I went into a room in an indoor game that had to doorways. the one facing the enemy was being covered by a team mate laying behind some plastic barrels in the same room, so i stationed myself behind the door.as the other team storedm the dark room they kill my team mate but because it was so dark, they missed me.

One of the other players took my team mate position and because i was standing right behind him i had enough time to pick a spot for my glock.

Shot him in the butcheeks from about 2 meters away lol

Madness? This is AIRSOFT!

Heh- pistol kills are good. My personal favourite?

It's about 9 PM, and I'm in the middle of a ####storm. The year is either 2003 or 2004 (I forget which year I started playing), and it's a speedball game at the Elektrowerkz, probably my second or third time there and I've long since run through my AEG's two hi-caps and in the rush to get back into the game (and not knowing airsoft speedball very well) I've left my bottle of BBs downstairs. I'm pinned behind a couple of barrels, feeling tiny and inexperienced next to the howling madness around me as streams of plastic hurl themselves seemingly in all directions, heedless of rhyme or reason.

I only have one magazine for my pistol, and I'm taking care with each shot I have left as the end of the game approaches- I keep checking and re-checking it, popping my head above the parapet and trying to pick a target before shooting at anything. Even so, I can't be sure I've hit anything, and most shots almost certainly miss.

Suddenly, I spot him. Someone on the other team is poking his head up in front of a light, letting off a burst and popping back down again- but his pattern is just a shade too rhythmic. He's a good two-thirds of the length of the room away, and this room is the longest distance I've ever shot an airsoft gun thus far (about 30m IIRC, though Janno probably knows the exact dimensions), but I'm used to hunting pigeons with an air rifle and I've been practising quite a lot with my pistol so I'm not a terrible shot.

Even so, this is daunting stuff. I've spent most of the game getting low and hurling myself forward, and I've sent most of the evening running all over the place like a madman. My mask is steaming up something chronic every time I forget to breathe downwards, and I have to line up the clear patch on it with my gunsights to aim the pistol. There are rounds flying over my head and slamming into the cover in front of me, and the howl of AEGs is everywhere- I'm shaking from the adrenaline and terrified somebody's going to spot me and hit me before I can pull the trigger.

The appointed moment arrives. I see his head rise into my gunsights again, and pull the trigger as fast as my reactions allow (which feels like an age, though testing tells me it's actually just under half a second- well, 0.4). As I move my finger forward to pull the trigger a second time I realise that the recoil is heavier than usual, and- sure enough- the slide has locked back. That was my last shot.

Time slows down. The din of battle seems to fade away and just for that moment I could swear I would have heard a pin drop. The silence is broken only by the sharp "TOCK" of a 0.25g BB making a clean strike on a plastic helmet.

The whir of AEGs returned to my hearing with a rush, the man took his hit like an absolute gent and I spent the closing seconds of the game collapsed in my hole, grinning like an absolute *beep*.

Short one now. Halfway through a "search for..." game at Phoenix, I run straight into the village after returning from spawn. I hear a full auto whir in front of me, and as I dive with AK in hand, white plastic passing over my head, I spot the member of the opposing team firing at me, and in slow motion, falling sideways to the ground, lit him up with a 6 round burst from 15m away. However, this wasn't my best shot - although it is my Favorite "moviesim" shot - the proceeding shot is my favorite. I sprint over to the cover where I had just been firing at (a middle wall) to spot what I believed to be a member of the opfor. as i dived over the wall and into the prone position, I whip up my AK (Not the best sights in the world for quick firing...), and fire a single shot at the moving person. I watch the round fly over what may be 40m to strike the what at first glance appeared to be an opfor clad in desert DPM straight between the goggles. I shout my apologies, the usual whenever I get a head shot, and suddenly realize the camo isn't desert. It was a high vis vest. It was geoff... a marshal.

either: defending a hut in a home made guille suit (ferns stuff everywhere on my greens), waiting till 5 of thier guys were between me and the hut, then jumping out screaming and firing from the hip. got em all and made a two of em brick themselves :P

or: crawling through undergrowth under the cover of snipers. Saw two mates hiding behind a log. not realising i was there, a few of my shots missed- they thought it was the snipers, and i heard one of them say the classic, dont worry theyre out of range. One of em poked his head out, one shot, straight to the head :) excellent, and sooo satisfying!

yes another Electrowerkz one.

Last time I played ED-SKaR...I am at the top of the staircase on the reservoir room side, his team are assaulting up the stairwell 20' down. Me & Harmless are holding them well (This is a Gas & Spring day, the best day ever!). I am so tight against the wall I can see ED-SKaR moving his head around the corner through the gap between a pipe on the wall, and the wall. I take one shot with my 23f to see what happens, and it sails through the 1" gap and strikes ED-SKaR. Lovely!

Funny, My favourite shot was on the same day and place, when you came charging into the room i standing in the middle of having mag problems. You took up position almost next to me, whenst upon I calmly reloaded my pistol and shot you to your immense surprise. Not skillful, but a wonderfully unexpected kill in a OMG I'm dead situation.

Taking out 9 people at once with a 203 at GZ in 2005/6 - a capture the enemys intel with the correct code (certain code required to unlock the breifcase).

I spent a good hour snurgling into a good hiding place in the enemys base (secret bunker or now known as the nest). I avoided all the normal tunnels & paths on my route in and chose the hard way - picking my way through the rhoadys. Once in place I lay there no more than 8 yards away from the enemy listening to their plans & quietly relaying them back to the rest of my team who were setting up a ambush.

After maybe 20 minutes I heard the the guys had a great success ambushing the enemy & causing them to loose a objective... 5 minutes later I was told that they had the complete code to open the briefcase. I lay there hoping that the team would come over & help me out - 20 vs 1 is not good odds.

After maybe another 20 mins about half of the enemy in the base left due to my guys pushing up on their base. They left 9 to defend. this was my moment - all 9 were standing in a group having a chat about the next objective for them... I slowly rasied myself from a prone to kneeling position - every twig creaking & the sound of the leave against my webbing making me wince & expecting a hail storm of BB's to fly at me. Nothing.... they were too busy talking to notice the sounds I was making. S**T! did i put in a fresh mag before I got into position.... My mind raced trying to think, the last thing i wanted to do is engage the enemy with only 4rnd s left in my low cap.... Yes I did! I thumbed the saftey to semi & disengaged the saftey on my 203... I started to raise myself out of the bush. First step forward - the enemy commanders head has noticed the noise... his face rises - the others start to turn.... I squeese with my left index finger BOOM! the 203 goes off - the commander falls back & the other jump in surprise!

I stood still half in half out of the bush.... all 9 took a hit.... I expected the return fire - but there was none they all called hit and started to move off to the dead zone RESULT I am a GOD!!!! i took one more step forward out of the bush... smack the sound & feel of plastic hitting my webbing.... ######! turns out there was one of the opfor in the little covered firing position - but had stayed down out of sight. He shot me with a springer!!!!! Still I was happy!

Had a good chat with the enemy at the dead zone - turns out - a couple of them didn't actually get shot with the grenade but thought it was such a good move & I had them dead to rights that they just took it as a hit!

Top sportsmanship & a top day.

C

Funny, My favourite shot was on the same day and place, when you came charging into the room i standing in the middle of having mag problems. You took up position almost next to me, whenst upon I calmly reloaded my pistol and shot you to your immense surprise. Not skillful, but a wonderfully unexpected kill in a OMG I'm dead situation.

oh yes, that was funny, you little b*****d ;)

Well my favorite shot was when I was playing 3 on 3 and me and our medic(the other guy was distracing two tangos by sing Kelly Clarkson songs) we went to find there sniper. We found him laying by a river playing with a skink. We were 10 feet above him and I just unloaded my 40 round magazine in to the back of his head he turned around just in time to take 10 of them to the front of his face. He then proceed to through his desert eagle at me.

Well my favorite shot was when I was playing 3 on 3 and me and our medic(the other guy was distracing two tangos by sing Kelly Clarkson songs) we went to find there sniper. We found him laying by a river playing with a skink. We were 10 feet above him and I just unloaded my 40 round magazine in to the back of his head he turned around just in time to take 10 of them to the front of his face. He then proceed to through his desert eagle at me.

Unloading a mag in full auto while inside the minimum engagement range to the head...

You're nice. <_<

He then proceed to through his desert eagle at me.

He did right, if it was me you would have got more than a Desert Eagle thrown at you.

I would have shoved my rifle so far up your *albartroth* you could spit bb's.

My favorite shot ever wasn't actually made by me, it was by slug at elite when he fired, using a highly upgraaded VSR-10 GSPEC, over hambuyrger hill and the wind just happened to carry it onto the other sam. Awesome shot.

Viral.

The best shot for me was me and my teammates were out practicing. I had ran down a trail with a foe hot on my heals. I came oround a bend and over the crest of a small hill so I hit the dirt, drew my pistol (my mag was empty and didn't have time to relaod), and laid there in wait. As soon as he topped the hill I shot him twice in the knees. Caught him completely off guard as he was not expecting me to be laying down in the middle of the trail like that.

Go get that done to you, then make another post saying how cool it is. I'm surprised the sniper showed enough self-restraint to only throw a foot-long pistol at you.

Go get that done to you, then make another post saying how cool it is. I'm surprised the sniper showed enough self-restraint to only throw a foot-long pistol at you.

Kids my best friend hes done things to me like that to me closer even with an m4 granted in was only like 240 fps it still hurt from 2 feet away. My guns 280 fps so I can see how it would hurt.

Oh and were just a group of teenagers who play in some woods by my house(no homes for 300 yards) no min engagement range.

My best shot was a corker. I am in a battle with a guy using a beta spetz with a 600 round hicap. I have my trusty AUG 203 with a locap.

We are on either side of a small bush when he hears the distinctive audio signature of my gun going empty.

On one knee I transition my hand onto the grenade trigger and start to do a mag change.

He goes for the easy kill on an unarmed man, comes round the bush grinning like a fool and gets a madbull 204 HP in the groin.

It lifted him off his feet.

I finished my mag change, replaced my grenade and as I went to find more enemy he was still in the foetal position. I patted him on the shoulder and said "sorry buddy".

Lol, classic.

The two most recent ones I can think of were at UA night games. One in a 'defend the briefcase' game, and they'd taken the case. I was downstairs and the room they had to take it to was upstairs. Saw a window to the room, bout 25ft, took a pot shot with my WE 1911... 'Hit'! What a fluke!

Other one- Somehow I often manage to vastly outflank the enemy and this time I was upstairs. Heard some shots and given the position they must've been aimed for a friend of mine outside. On poking my head out of the window, looked down the fella was exactly beneath me, almost reminiscent of one of those old top down view platform games as I saw his torch like a triangular beam.

So in trying not to get all nostalgic about playing Gauntlet on the Atari ST, I take my shot, again the 1911... what can I say, it was hard not to hit his head :rolleyes: What can you say... other than 'BOOM! Vertical headshot!!' :P oh, and 'sorry mate', I did opt for the latter (it did sound painful!).

Decimus.

I have two really.

First one was at the Spec Ops weekender last year. Using my VSR clone sniping at a group of people hunkered down behind some rocks. Not managing to hit anyone but keeping them pinned down. Suddenly one of them jumps up and shouts at the rest of his team not to be wimps as they were out of range. One fluke shot later, hitting the stock of his rifle with a nice ting, he is looking shocked and walking back to his respawn point.

Second is more a group of shots at Longmore. Running into a building behind one of the Desert team and taking five of them out as I run though the building. Happy days.

Archived