Maple-Leaf

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Photos of the Pencott pattern under test by CAMOTEST.DE have just appeared:

http://www.camotest.de/gallery/advanced_se...eywords=pencott

Here are my perceptions:

Wow - I'm impressed. There were a couple of shots where the subject was laying on the ground and he was really visible - but if he'd shifted to a patch where the ground cover wasn't such a homogenous colour he would have been harder to see.

On the other hand, there were some shots where he was really hard to spot:

- unter Kiefer abgehockt, Distanz 25-45 Meter: UNDETECTED

- zwischen Bäumen liegend, Distanz 25-45 Meter: knew where he was, but still UNDETECTED

- Laubwald mit Unterholz stehend, Distanz 25-45 Meter: only the shape of head and shoulders gave away position, still had to look for a few seconds though.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE:

Here is some further info I've just received from Dom:

It's all go here and although you can't see a lot going on, everything is happening and we are on schedule to produce some garments for sale by the end of August. Fabric is in production and we have a firm of garment producers ready to make it into clothing as soon as it is ready.

There is a shop in the background of the site, we're just waiting for the latest trial fabric to be printed and made into a test suit to take some up to date shots so you can see the finished article. We may then enable the shop for pre-orders, depending on demand.

Attached is a colour simulation of the summerweight cotton hat, shirt and trousers as being made up by the Hyde Definition elves.

The hat is a short brimmed bush hat with a foliage band.

The shirt has a pointed collar; zippered front with velcroed placket ; four pockets in total: two velcro-closed bellows chest pockets, with elastic loops inside and mesh bottoms for drainage; left shoulder: velcroed pen pocket; right shoulder: front-zippered bellows pocket; mesh ventilated back and underarms; dropped tail with drawstring hem; patch-reinforced elbows and velcro-closed cuffs. The chest pockets also have a compass pocket with a buttonhole for a lanyard, and an elasticated mesh patch pocket on the left and right pockets respectively.

The trousers have a zip fly and six pockets: slash pockets at front and rear, and cargo pockets on the legs; over-boot zips from knee to ankle, and drawstring hems. The waist has elastic at the kidneys, and velcro waist adjustment tabs. The belt loops are deep and wide, and may or may not be fitted for D-rings. The knees and seat are reinforced with an additional layer of fabric.

All main pocket openings on shirt and trousers are tape bound for wear-resistance, and all stress points are bar-tacked.

For photos of previous prototype in the field, go to www.hydedefinition.com

post-5157-1214634172_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm pleased to announce that our web-shop is now open, and is taking pre-orders for Pioneer Boonie Hats (£5.00 deposit), Pioneer Vented Field Shirts (£10.00 deposit) and Pioneer Cargo Trousers (£10.00 deposit), all in the revised PenCott™ colourway. Or you can order full uniform sets (£20.00 deposit). Stock is due to be ready for despatch at the end of August. The range is limited at the moment, but will expand in a few months to include smocks and weatherproof gear, vests, bags/pouches, t-shirts and more.

To keep up with developments at Hyde Definition and contribute your ideas to the product range, join our discussion board. You never know, you might get some free kit to test out....

Cheers,

Dom Hyde

• 1 month later...
I like it.

Not too pixelated that it looks Like Marpat,

Not too splodgy that it looks like Multicam,

Its a nice natural medium.

And it passes the 'squint your eyes' test.

:D Thanks, glad you like it. It is very effective, even if I say so myself! I hope to have some photo's of the complete outfit in the terrain for which it's intended sometime next week, and of course I'll put them up here as soon as.

You know, if you buy the shirt and trousers together, I'll throw in a hat for free!

Dom

I like it alot...! Really do, the recently added pics on the site really make it look awsome..

But i do think its still very much like Multicam (just slightly darker). If i didn't have MC i would look at buying this, but after having a good look at it i cant justify to myself spending cash on another set that looks very similar.

Dont get me wrong, it looks cool. A MC / Flectarn mix is always good looking imo. But being kinda similar to a few others puts me off as i have something similar.

But i do like what you have done, it does look good.

They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder - well, to me it doesn't look anything at all like MultiCam. Tp me it looks a bit like a cross between the "moss" camo used on Norwegian Army bashas/bivvy-bags and the 1981-trialled French version of Flecktarn - digitised - but that's just me....

Hahahahaha good shout! I take it he wasn't anything to do with yourself?

You assume a degree of foresight, planning and cunning that would make Machiavelli envious! Besides which, to fake that kind of fruitcakery I would need the intellect of a genius. Thanks for the backhanded complement though ;)

I've much better ways to publicise my products. They generally involve leggy models and a minimal amount of camouflage, but sadly due to financial, and, er, marital, constraints they must remain spread-eagled across my mental drawing board (yes it's a mixed metaphor, but I'm liking the imagery - anyone else got a problem with that?) :D

Dom

Archived