MARPAT Picture Thread

Found a good deal on issue MARPAT on eBay, still haven't worn it yet. Whats the deal with wearing OD gear with Woodland MARPAT, 99% of time its Coyote Brown gear, but Ive seen a few pictures of Recon marines wearing OD vests/gear.

I remember some training photo's with alice gear being used alongside marpat

10ki71.jpg

brunei2mm61.jpg

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember some training photo's with alice gear being used alongside marpat

Alice gear will always be around. Can't beat the old Alice Pack. Also if you're operating in hot and humid environments, such as those in where the first pic was taken, the Philippines; it allows more airflow around the body. It's not all about high speed molle, it's about what works.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
is there a "right" way to have velcro on the sleeve pockets? As in do the real USMC have velcro on there?

I've seen a pic of one Marine with it, none in real life(but I don't see many Marines anyway).

There is no wrong way, just make sure it sits well, sew it on and don't sow it so that the pocket cant be opened ;)

• 3 weeks later...