MARPAT Picture Thread

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would honestly just stalk eBay for some genuine MARPAT. The cut is better and the material is so much more comfortable....like wearing pijamas.

The Bulle stuff tends to fade much less if you wash at 30C without detergent, if you're going that route.

• 2 months later...

I would honestly just stalk eBay for some genuine MARPAT. The cut is better and the material is so much more comfortable....like wearing pijamas.

The Bulle stuff tends to fade much less if you wash at 30C without detergent, if you're going that route.

I agree get genuine off e bay it is awesome and a millions times better than the bulle stuff (obviously).

But dont wash the genuine stuff with detergent just follow the washing tag.

curlyboy

• 10 months later...

Nice gear, but you need some kneepads and a LOT of work on the leg press!

Thanks, I know my shooting stance is **** on those pictures, it were just some quick snaps by my dad.

I'm not too sure about kneepads yet, as they tend to move around quite a bit and are really uncomfy...

Sonic Syndicate, gotta ask. Is the dump pouch on the knee really working? Can't imagine it be very comfy to move with a few mags in it.

Well, the material is harder than it appears, so it doesn't hinder my movements in any way.

Also, when reloading it is extremely convenient to have it down at my left knee, because the empty mag will always be in my left hand. :)

Cheers

Thanks, I know my shooting stance is **** on those pictures, it were just some quick snaps by my dad.

I'm not too sure about kneepads yet, as they tend to move around quite a bit and are really uncomfy...

Well, the material is harder than it appears, so it doesn't hinder my movements in any way.

Also, when reloading it is extremely convenient to have it down at my left knee, because the empty mag will always be in my left hand. :)

Cheers

I wasn't talking about your stance, I was talking about the fact that you are really, really painfully skinny. Go bulk up!

I wasn't talking about your stance, I was talking about the fact that you are really, really painfully skinny. Go bulk up!

Aah, that makes sense, well I am 2m+- which would be 6'5-6'6 (if the converter is correct xD).

Considering that I'm only 18 atm it makes some sense for my skinniness :P

I am visiting the gym on a regular basis though, so it'll just take some time :rolleyes:

Cheers!

Cheers

Your going to have mags fall out of the pouch when your running/going prone/kneeling if its on your leg. Do a game with it there and you will see, its just not practical. When I first started airsofting I did the same thing and found it just didn't work out, there is a reason its normally found hanging off a belt rig or so.

Your going to have mags fall out of the pouch when your running/going prone/kneeling if its on your leg. Do a game with it there and you will see, its just not practical. When I first started airsofting I did the same thing and found it just didn't work out, there is a reason its normally found hanging off a belt rig or so.

Hmm, I tested it out around the house before I decided to put it there, I had no real problems whatsoever.

This is because there's a cord to tighten the entry so that your stuff won't come out.

I'd have to play a game with it to test it out, but that will have to wait for a while, as I won't be playing any time soon. :(

Cheers!

Running round the house is all well an good but a test in the field is where you either find its a hinderance or a help. Theres a good chance that dumper could swing under your knee as you rush to get down into a firing position. and without knee pads that could be painful.

Grim

Running round the house is all well an good but a test in the field is where you either find its a hinderance or a help. Theres a good chance that dumper could swing under your knee as you rush to get down into a firing position. and without knee pads that could be painful.

Grim

You present a valid point there, I will try some other options out.

Thanks for the advice!

Cheers

The general consensus is that drop-legs of any kind tend to work best when they're as high up as possible. It minimises the restriction to your leg movement/knee joints and the amount that they swing around when you're running by bringing everything closer together and just tightening up the whole rig; so if you can, get the vertical straps that attach to your belt adjusted right down short on the holster and the dump pouch. That will also create a shorter distance between your right hand and your secondary weapon, and your left and the dump pouch, which speeds everything up that extra bit.

Advice aside though, that's a good looking kit, well done. If you're anything like me when I was 18, then you could probably sit around playing video games all day stuffing your face with milk, chocolate, biscuits and cake and not put on a single pound, so don't worry about your weight. Eat plenty of meat and do lots of airsoft, with age the bulk will come.