MARPAT Picture Thread

Advice aside though, that's a good looking kit, well done. If you're anything like me when I was 18, then you could probably sit around playing video games all day stuffing your face with milk, chocolate, biscuits and cake and not put on a single pound, so don't worry about your weight. Eat plenty of meat and do lots of airsoft, with age the bulk will come.

Lucky *bramston pickle*, you. I was 20 stone when I was 18 and I have worked really hard to get down to the 16ish stone I am now.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The general consensus is that drop-legs of any kind tend to work best when they're as high up as possible. It minimises the restriction to your leg movement/knee joints and the amount that they swing around when you're running by bringing everything closer together and just tightening up the whole rig; so if you can, get the vertical straps that attach to your belt adjusted right down short on the holster and the dump pouch. That will also create a shorter distance between your right hand and your secondary weapon, and your left and the dump pouch, which speeds everything up that extra bit.

Advice aside though, that's a good looking kit, well done. If you're anything like me when I was 18, then you could probably sit around playing video games all day stuffing your face with milk, chocolate, biscuits and cake and not put on a single pound, so don't worry about your weight. Eat plenty of meat and do lots of airsoft, with age the bulk will come.

Makes sense, I will try putting it on my belt the next time I put on all my gear.

And yes, I'm (lucky) just like you were, I play a lot of video games while stuffing my face all day and still not put on a single pound/kg. :D

Cheers!

Makes sense, I will try putting it on my belt the next time I put on all my gear.

And yes, I'm (lucky) just like you were, I play a lot of video games while stuffing my face all day and still not put on a single pound/kg. :D

If your gear permits you to do that then yes go for it. I sling my dump pouch from the left side of my belt just slightly round the back and it works well, it's a pretty common and popular setup for various reasons.

A fat tank. I HAVE TO LOSE 40 MORE POUNDS. OR I'LL NEVER BE PRETTY! D:

So you're aiming for about 13st? Sounds a bit too low to me if anything, given how tall you are. Or is my slight sarcasm monitor set to mega-fail again?

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a WIP:

I saw the cover artwork for Battlefield 3 and at first thought it looked really cool, then I realised I could do a decent impression without much difficulty. There some fine details for me to sort out, but that's all in hand, and I stripped the rig down for the weather (not wearing a shemagh on a hot day).

bf3imagebreakdown.jpg

Front.jpg

Right.jpg

Left.jpg

Action.jpg

There are some things that I've changed or not done, be they either for practical reasons or simple personal preference. This loadout definitely needs a PACA under it, and I'm not wearing kneepads because I hate strap on kneepads. That Cadpat pouch had been sitting in my kit bag for years without use, and I just wanted to finally use it for something.

Not sure whether this could go into the USMC or FR thread, so I'll just put it here for the Marpat. Any ideas, (constructive) comments with be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Purvins_20110610_0012.jpg

Purvins_20110529_0027_23.jpg

Desert and woodland all at once!

Land CIRAS

Firstline with 6004 etc

PTW M4

CQB-R upper with KAC RAS and Eotech

14.5" upper with 12.5" DD RAS and Specter DR.

Gear is based of MSOB, not an impression though.

And I do need a riggers belt...

• 2 months later...

I posted a topic but I thought it would be more appropriate to ask it here. So I have gained somewhat of a love for MARPAT over the past months and really want to get a loadout. Problem being I cant fork out another £200+ just to get the same kit in a different colour....

So the question I bid to you is will RG go with woodland MARPAT. If not then I guess I am just stuck with ACU, not too practical for the site I got too.

Any tips or will I just look like someone dragged me through a tac-gear shop backwards.

• 2 weeks later...