• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

G36K_003.jpg

Complete list of parts currently on/in/in use with the gun as of this picture:

• TM G36C base

Body

• G&G Metal outer barrel for G36C (from RAS kit)

• KM G36L (G36K) steel outer barrel and flash hider

• Real Hk G36K Handguard (New Style)

• Body Modified to accept real G36 handguards

• Guarder G36 short rail set

• Real G36K long bottom rail

• First Factory locking handguard pin

Accessories

• G&G GP6-II Tac Light set

• CA KAC vertical grip

• Guarder AimPoint M68 Combat Optic replica with cantilever mount (not pictured above)

(Note: The cantilever mount lets the red dot clear the iron sights, which is why I use it currently. I'd rather have an L mount.)

• Three Point sling

Internals

• Systema metal bushings and shims

• Systema ...spring

• TM v2 spring guide (to reduce pre-compression slightly)

• Prometheus M4 363mm x 6.03mm stainless steel inner barrel

(Note: Other internal parts stock)

Power

• Sanyo 9.6v 1500mAh NiCad custom battery pack (primary)

• KAN 9.6v 1050mAh NiMh mini battery (backup)

• Dean's connectors installed

• Fuse removed

Future plans

• Real or replica metal KSK rail/carry handle

• Real or replica AimPoint military type L mount

• G36K stock, Star or Classic Army

More pictures taken throughout its development here.

• Guarder AimPoint M68 Combat Optic replica with cantilever mount (not pictured above)

(Note: The cantilever mount lets the red dot clear the iron sights, which is why I use it currently. I'd rather have an L mount.)

Note: Ugly :D

• Three Point sling

Looks to AR15-ish, ever thought about the real G36 Sling?

Future plans

• Real or replica metal KSK rail/carry handle

Dream on ;)

• Real or replica AimPoint  military type L mount

Please no L-Mount on a G36! ARMS #22 is your ticket.

Or buy an EOTech instead, would be cheaper as an Aimpoint + Mount

Damn... makes me want to do a G36K Project by my own... must resist... must finish my shotgun first... must wait for a CA G36K... arggggg....

Edited by unimatrix001
Note: Ugly :D

Looks to AR15-ish, ever thought about the real G36 Sling?

Eh, not really. Never really see them for sale, and I like the way this one works for me.

Dream on ;)

I know it. I just hope someone makes a replica at some point, or that I can find one of those aluminum ones that guy on HkPro used to make. They aren't exactly right, but better than using the Star flat top rail.

Please no L-Mount on a G36! ARMS #22 is your ticket.

Or buy an EOTech instead, would be cheaper as an Aimpoint + Mount

Meh. Its a compromise so I can use the sight on both my G36K and my M4. The L mount is correct for the M4 and will look better than the canti mount on my G36. Maybe one day I'll buy a second one and solve the problem for good. And I don't really like the look of the EOTech, honestly. Maybe I'll come around to it after using my friends.

Damn... makes me want to do a G36K Project by my own... must resist... must finish my shotgun first... must wait for a CA G36K... arggggg....

I'm sure the CA36K is not far off. Personally, I hope it takes years to come out, seeing as when it does, mine will made be somewhat trivial. All that hard work and money wasted! :( At least mine will still say Hk on the side though. :)

Personally, I hope it takes years to come out, seeing as when it does, mine will made be somewhat trivial.

Shut up!!! <_< ive been waiting for months for it...Gonna be sooo good!! And as long as your gun works, why would it be trivial? It would be *different*. :)

Eh, not really. Never really see them for sale, and I like the way this one works for me.

Cheap to get in Germany :)

I know it. I just hope someone makes a replica at some point

+1

Meh. Its a compromise so I can use the sight on both my G36K and my M4. The L mount is correct for the M4 and will look better than the canti mount on my G36. Maybe one day I'll buy a second one and solve the problem for good. And I don't really like the look of the EOTech, honestly. Maybe I'll come around to it after using my friends.

Think about the King Arms Replica of the A.R.M.S. #22 + Diagonal Spacer. With the Spacer in its the same height as a L-Shape Mount with spacer (perfect for a M4 and often used), and without the Spacer it's a nice low mount for your G36

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...t_Mount%20Rings

I agree with you, the EOTechs look not as good as Aimpoints but they're better for close range combat.

Shut up!!! <_<  ive been waiting for months for it...Gonna be sooo good!! And as long as your gun works, why would it be trivial? It would be *different*. :)

Well I was mostly kidding, but its just there will be a ton of them out there that will look just like mine, but will have cost way less and no effort will have been made to make them look that way. Such is life though. It doesn't really matter, it will still have meaning for me. I'll always know how much time, effort, and expense went into mine.

Think about the King Arms Replica of the A.R.M.S. #22 + Diagonal Spacer. With the Spacer in its the same height as a L-Shape Mount with spacer (perfect for a M4 and often used), and without the Spacer it's a nice low mount for your G36

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...t_Mount%20Rings

I agree with you, the EOTechs look not as good as Aimpoints but they're better for close range combat.

I'll consider it... but thats a pretty odd looking mount with the spacer in. I do like the Arms QD mechanism though. I'll have to look for a pic of it in use with an AimPoint.

Here are a few picture of the mount+Aimpoint on AR15s. I think it looks nice and fits the rifle quite well. For more pictures see AR15.com picture threads ;)

http://www.pbase.com/edwin907/image/42927674/original.jpg

http://img172.echo.cx/my.php?image=img00020jq.jpg

http://img131.echo.cx/img131/1780/ar39hm.jpg

http://img110.echo.cx/img110/4083/p1011985sm3zn.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/rif...k/casquillo.jpg

i hope to one day turn my humble G36C into something awesome like staticzero's. currently, i find my short commando gun a bit too short. i'm thinkin' i'll either source up one o' them nice RS handguards, or wait for CA to release theirs, which is hopefully not far off.

My CA G36C with Star Handle w/ Red Dot (yea...waiting for a nicer one to come along). Surefire "Scout" light. Knight's pistol grip, can marked "G36 QD."

G36RD.jpg

My TM G36 with Surefire front w/lights (main light plus 2 LED navigation lights). Extended inner barrel, outer is fluted and ported. Working laser box also contains battery for gun. Full sized stock, metal cocking handle, Beta C mag.

G36SAWsite.jpg

An indoor shot of same:

G36SAWfront.jpg

Edited by eltee
My CA G36C with Star Handle w/ Red Dot (yea...waiting for a nicer one to come along). Surefire "Scout" light. Knight's pistol grip, can marked "G36 QD."

G36RD.jpg

How do you like the CA G36 compared to the TM one? Any problems to fit the Star Handle to the CA?

What about the Star S-Point? Is it worth the money?

How do you like the CA G36 compared to the TM one? Any problems to fit the Star Handle to the CA?

What about the Star S-Point? Is it worth the money?

Hi, I don't shoot A/S guns. I have a side business building photo and movie guns so I can't comment on accuracy or reliability. They were both worked over when new by the local AEX store (who also installed the Surefire forend) so theoretically they are good shooters and I've shot them in the back yard just for fun and to see how much the silencers reduced the noise.

No problems fitting the Star handle to the CA. No problems fitting the GP (?) handle to the TM. The S-Point is not great, a fuzzy red dot as compared to a solid, tiny red with another brand or real. There may be adjustments, however, so in fairness that is a preliminary report (note, no instructions in box).

Re. value v. performance, the handle was needed for photos and not so much function. I had considered buying a real Hensoldt optics real G36 upper but couldn't find a used one. If I can tweak the red dot and improve it, I will post here.

As I did with the P90, M4, HK, etc. I will soon do a side by side comparison of the real steel G36 and my two A/S versions. I am also working on making a version of the Norwegian military G36 stock, but keeping it a swing/folder, to hide a battery.