H&K Picture Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

God, there's something just so plain right about G3 SG1s isn't there?? Makes me want another G3 - the Classic Army one is likely to be the best now, mebbe I could deal smack for a few weeks to raise the extra cash...hmmm...

Back in the real world though its a shame I wont be getting another anything for a few months :( Boo...

God, there's something just so plain right about G3 SG1s isn't there?? Makes me want another G3 - the Classic Army one is likely to be the best now, mebbe I could deal smack for a few weeks to raise the extra cash...hmmm...

Back in the real world though its a shame I wont be getting another anything for a few months :( Boo...

Yeah, and even worse is that you don't have 100,000 other AEG's stocked in your own home to fall back on... Ow wait... You do :P

I got mine VFC HK416 DX on Wednesday and it was real love but i have one question about the sliding stock. I think that there is too much space between the sliding stock and the stock tube more than a TM, or is it only a coincidence?

I heard we are planning to replace all M4's with HK M8's is that true and when are they gonna do that?

The M8 project was cancelled because they melted.

Apperently H&K decided that modern firearms do not need heat shielding around their barrels.

Now the military's looking at the FN SCAR-L/H or HK416/17 (Mk. 16/17).

The M8 project was cancelled because they melted.

Urban Legend.

The XM8 was cancelled due to pressure from the American gun industry (and politicians) to re-advertise the next Generation US assault rifle project, as the XM8 project was a conduction of the OICW project and never advertised to other bidders than H&K.

You mean all five of them? Either they've scrapped them or they sold them to GE when GE bought the project from H&K.

GE as in General Electric? Those buggers have just sold the division I work for and put me out of a job.

They where the original manufacturers of the Minigun too.

Urban Legend. 

The XM8 was cancelled due to pressure from the American gun industry (and politicians) to re-advertise the next Generation US assault rifle project, as the XM8 project was a conduction of the OICW project and never advertised to other bidders than H&K. 

Basically Colt cried foul and the US Congressmen (who Colt has in their pockets) argued over the unfairness of it. Shame really... Arguing against putting superior weapons in the hands of our troops. The M16 series weapons are really starting to get dated.

Anyways, let's leave it at that.

Edited by evilliboba
Hopefully the HK 416 makes it into wide spread service. The only thing wrong with the M16 series is the gas system. Thats about 80% of its problem.

Again - Colt screwed that one over.

Wouldn't have been so ###### off if they hadn't blatantly copied the HK416 and called it the "M6". :angry: