Interferring, Cowardly Mods

Someone altered my Sig. Presumably a Mod.

Didn't bother to talk to me about it first. Didn't bother to PM me about it. Didn't bother to own up to who'd done it.

I want it put back to the way it was, and I want whoever is abusing their Mod powers dealt with appropriately.

Hedganian. that would have been me.

You weren't PMed cos no-one else who's had a sig taken down by me ever has been. When someone has a huge sig, its going bye-bye, consultation would just delay that.

Rhino: his signature was some text about something, a quote, some more text then 4 userbars, end result being a sig about 3 or 4 times the length of yours.

My sig didn't have an image larger than that.

Including the large text the Sig as a whole was pretty big. I made it wider instead of taller, and apparently some people complained to Stealthbomber that it was too wide so he and I had a chat about it and it was editted to make it less wide (obviously making it longer again).

I don't have an issue with that, since he talked to me about it, and I didn't lose anything.

I have an issue with whoever did this, since my entire Sig is gone. Just gone. I'm very, very ######-off. Part of what ###### me off is that whoever did it says something about taking Guzzi's images - there's a post, still on the forum somewhere, I assume, where he and I were talking about this and I asked if I could use his images, and he agreed. So where's the issue? Whichever ###### did this needs to get his facts straight before jumping in.

I want to know who it was, and I want something done about it. I'm sure there's a way for Mods or Admin to track who makes changes to things... If there isn't, there damn well should be.

Now, if *I* was a Mod and doing this, I'd copy the Sig code and PM it to the user, with a note to say what needed to be changed or something. But then, I've got some modicum of common courtesy.

EDIT: Well, okay, great, so at least we know who's behind it now. I'm sure you feel justified in just deleting the entire thing and replacing it with some sarcastic and frankly libellous text. See, the main issue here is people just doing things that can't easily be undone, without bothering to consult, or warn, or whatever.

"Make your sig shorter" - well how am I supposed to do that when you just deleted the whole *fruitcage* thing?? Didn't consider using your brain and dropping a PM to say "Hey, your Sig's getting a bit long, how about trimming it down a bit?" before just jumping in with both feet?

Edited by Hedganian

You need to dial you neck in a little bit, abusing people on the internet does not get you anywhere, especially if you abuse moderators.

The problem with your signature was the length, which is why it was pulled. Making demands and throwing a paddy like a small child will not help you. You will merely be treated like said small child. So take a deep breath and calm down a little.

But it's okay for the Mods to abuse the forum users by implying they are some kind of thieves?

I'm becoming very tired of the attitude of *SOME* Mods, who seem to think they can ride roughshod over everyone.

There are some very good Mods on here. And there are some who aren't.

And I think that if anyone needs to wind their neck in, it's someone who thinks it's okay to make unfounded accusations and impune someone else's character for no good reason.

If there was an issue with the Sig - at least one person thinks there was - then there were two options for dealing with it. The lazy "I don't give a *beep* about anyone else" way which involves just deleting it and leaving a sarcastic message, and the more friendly, sensible way which would involve a bit of effort in talking to the user to sort out the issue.

You have chosen.... Poorly.

Edited by Hedganian

Sorry, I had to comment. If I'm pouring petrol on a fire, tough.

I would have done exactly the same as Cazboab, and was about to until I saw someone else had already acted.

I regularly alter people's sigs if I think they've breached forum rules, and I don't copy it and pm them about it first because frankly there are more important things in this world to worry about than a poxy sig on an internet forum.