Aug Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Err, its a HiCapa or one of the WE clones with a threaded barrel and probably various controls and possibly the slide changed/upgraded ;) Was it a 3.8 to start with? It looks somewhere between a 3.8 and a 5.1 but my eyes might just be broken.

Oh, and M.THUMWOOD DUDE!! Where is a good place to get, and what is the correct nomenclature for those military cases/boxes/crates.

I need, like, about 20 of them :wub: :wub: :wub: Army surplus stores carry some like it but usually not that large, do you know the proper size/name for them by any chance? :D

• 3 weeks later...

No thread revival yet... but I love it and wanted to show everyone it!

I will be getting a bipod silencer 50 mm scope.

Upgraded with the following:

Guarder Steel Gear Set

Guarder Upgrade Polycarb Piston

Guarder Upgrade Pistonhead

Guarder Air Nozzle

Guarder Upgrade Cylinder

Guarder Polycarb Tappetplate

Guarder Polycarb Spring Guide

Systema Steel Bushings & Shims

Systema Spring

Systema 6.04mm tightbore barrel

DSC00136.jpg

DSC00137.jpg

DSC00138.jpg

DSC00139.jpg

DSC00143.jpg

DSC00144.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Project AUG now includes the following:

AUG_with_Bayonet.JPG

Standard TM Steyr AUG A1 (with bayonet for display purposes only) Fully upgraded internals, 330 fps on the nose.

H-Bar01.JPG

H-Bar03.JPG

TM Steyr AUG A1 H-Bar (with tac-light). Note the standard-length barrel in the foreground. Behold the barrel-swapping joy. Averages 350fps with H-Bar barrel.

AUG_M203.JPG

AUG_M203_Outside.JPG

M203_Closeup.JPG

TM Steyr AUG A1 M203, with (replica) optical sight. Same AUG as the first one, so 330fps.

Para_AUG01.JPG

Para_AUG02.JPG

Para_AUG03.JPG

TM Steyr AUG A2 Para/Commando version. (Note, this is NOT the 9mm carbine version!) With red/green-dot sight and tac-light. The foregrip on this version does not fold up, as if it it did rounds would hit it on leaving the muzzle, not to mention you'd shoot yourself in the hand! Not yet Chrono'd.

The complete inventory of parts for Project AUG is as follows:

• AUG Stock with upgraded gearbox, metal air and feed nozzle. Runs on custom 1500mAh 8.4V batteries.
  • AUG A1 Receiver with Tasco 2x optical sight and emergency iron sights.
  • AUG A2 Receiver with 20mm rail.
  • Red/Green-dot 1x sight.
  • 3-9x variable zoom telescopic sight with illumination reticules.
  • Tac-light with side-mount rail (attaches to Receiver section below scope/rail)
  • Standard assault rifle barrel, with TN tightbore inner barrel.
  • H-Bar barrel, with BS tightbore inner barrel.
  • M203 barrel, with BS tightbore inner barrel, G&P M203 and optical sight.
  • Para/commando barrel with BS tightbore inner barrel.

Next to come is the medium length barrel (the so-called police carbine), if I can find somewhere to get the barrel that DEN no longer stock or sell. After that, it's the 9mm carbine version, with magazine adaptor. Then I'll think about the pseudo-A3 with all the RIS on it.

Anyone with any information on where I might be able to obtain the required parts to complete Project AUG, please PM me. +1 reps for anyone with useful info. Thanks.

After El Graco kindly PM'd me with the link to seemingly the only place on Earth still selling the "police carbine" barrel, I also found they sell the A2-style "birdcage" flash excluder that I've been looking for, so quickly placed an order for both before they mysteriously vanish.

Can anyone tell me the right length of inner barrel for this version of the AUG? The Para/Commando version, above, uses the 363mm M4-length inner barrel, the Stock AUG A1/A2 uses a 509mm inner barrel, so it's got to be somewhere between the two.

If no-one knows, then I'll just wait until I build the barrel and then measure it and order one the right (nearest) length.

Oh, and whoever told me about those alternative, reinforced Hop-up units (PRC?) thanks a bunch (Was it Exo?) I got one for the new Para barrel and it's so great that I might replace all the other hop-up units with them.

So if you see AUG Hop-up units for sale, then you'll know why! :)

After El Graco kindly PM'd me with the link to seemingly the only place on Earth still selling the "police carbine" barrel, I also found they sell the A2-style "birdcage" flash excluder that I've been looking for, so quickly placed an order for both before they mysteriously vanish.

Can anyone tell me the right length of inner barrel for this version of the AUG? The Para/Commando version, above, uses the 363mm M4-length inner barrel, the Stock AUG A1/A2 uses a 509mm inner barrel, so it's got to be somewhere between the two.

Must've missed your posts asking about that until now. I bought mine from Evike.com.

The 'police carbine' setup will fit a 455mm barrel, I'm ordering a Madbull for mine. I currently have the 363mm in there from the SMG barrel, so the carbine extension and flash hider is acting as a 6 inch muzzle. Might as well use that space to get some greater accuracy :) I may have to downgrade the power a bit, mine is borderline at my field's legal limit.

If anyone's interested, the 550mm barrel in my HBAR setup gives about a 35fps gain over the 363mm barrel with 0.20g's.

I'm not sure where I posted my AUG pictures anymore, guess I'll repost them here since my old links are broken :huh:

Police Carbine

DSCN0486.jpg

DSCN0485.jpg

DSCN0488.jpg

LMG hybrid (550mm barrel)

DSCN0420.jpg

DSCN0419.jpg

DSCN0418.jpg

And the little baby Commando

DSCN0415.jpg

DSCN0413.jpg

I had planned to buy another flat-top receiver once I traded mine away for the CA scope, but the deal fell through. I don't really miss it though. Very much in love with the CA scope :)

And last but not least, the birdcage flash hider that Evike sells: DSCN0481.jpg

Exo - Evike also sell the correct (as near as I can tell) flash excluder for the Para/Commando version here (although that one seems to have four 'holes' whereas mine has three in the style of of the standard AUG A1 muzzle. Not sure which one is correct.

Are you sure you've got a 550mm inner barrel in your H-Bar? I heard that was the right length and got one with the H-Bar kit, but it was far too short. The inner barrel in my H-Bar is approx 665mm (I didn't take it out to measure it, just measured the barrel and knocked a bit off for the muzzle and a bit for the hop-up unit.) With that length, plus the tightbore, I get an extra 8-9% on the fps, which tends to put the H-Bar only just inside the allowable zone for must sites, (330 +10%) People sit up and take notice when I shoot them with it. :D

Thanks for the info on the Inner barrel length for the 'carbine'. I'll order one up next time I'm buying from HK. Might get that 1000 round drum mag, too....

Edited by Hedganian

I think that's more suited for Newbie Discussion. In fact, I think there's already a thread about it there. Maybe not.

Anyway, what's metal is: everything that's metal on the TM one and the real steel one (barrel, flash excluder, receiver, related parts) Everyhing else is plastic (stock, foregrip, related parts)

I don't have a CA myself (although I have seen them) but I've not heard of any problems with them. If anything, they're better than the TM AUG A1s were.

It was interesting the first time I fired the H-Bar with the 550mm barrel - because there was nothing holding it at the front (the inside of the H-Bar kit is slightly wider, and only narrows again at the flash excluder, which holds the front of the inner barrel still) the barrel wandered off alignment and the BBs shattered against the inside edge of the flash excluder lip. This resulted in nothing from my all-powerful (and expensive) support weapon, much mockery from those around me, and a long time spent cleaning the bits of BB out of the insides....

Remember that I custom-made my HBAR setup to suit my parts and needs. I didn't want to use a PSG-1 barrel, as I wanted to keep the total length less than my AK-74. I trimmed down the gas tube to make room for the right bipod leg so I wouldn't have to space it further forward. The 550mm barrel ends about 20mm before the barrel threads. I hadn't really intended to use the M60 flash hider, but I couldn't find an HBAR piece - and it does look 'right' with the bipod :) Certainly lends it a mean appearance.

Upon measuring it I found I could fit a 590mm barrel in there, but I'm wondering if the FPS will start to drop off with a barrel that long without a bore-up cylinder. I did the math and I'm getting about a 9% increase on muzzle velocity from the 363 to the 550. Ending the barrel right at the flash hider would certainly increase the volume, which is always a plus with a support weapon. Anything that gets heads down is a bonus to your effective firepower.

Edited by exoframe2
I think that's more suited for Newbie Discussion. In fact, I think there's already a thread about it there. Maybe not.

Anyway, what's metal is: everything that's metal on the TM one and the real steel one (barrel, flash excluder, receiver, related parts) Everyhing else is plastic (stock, foregrip, related parts)

I don't have a CA myself (although I have seen them) but I've not heard of any problems with them. If anything, they're better than the TM AUG A1s were.

Yes, maybe, but I figured I could get a good answer here since you're all AUG lovers ;)

Thanks for the answer.

• 2 weeks later...