Aug Picture Thread

ok at the uscg gm "a" school those items are flash hiders, and the ones with half closed at the bottom are compensator's.

on the bit you pull, we call it the charging handle, but the action of charging the gun could also be called cocking the gun but you don't charge the cocking lever/handle.

"cock" in relation to a gun is a verb as in "to cock the pistol" but charge is a noun when used properly, or a verb as in "the m2hb's charging handle" or "charge the m-240b".

to realize the proper name and use, one must look at the use of the terms. another example would be the "decocking lever", the two words together are a proper name but the word "decocking" alone is a verb describing an action thus cocking lever/handle has not been used as a proper name other than in improper slang such as calling a m-16 magazine a clip, that issue will not be discussed here but i think that puts the point across.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as per my leadership style leave the praises to the last so they remember those:

cons: to busy, the colors are to bright or to different, more than likely a little of both, i would also paint the upper for good measure, give it a good dull clear coat and it is an aug military.

pros: WOW! that must have taken a while to do the attention to detail is great i really like what you did with the pattern, it is well split up that is the pits are evenly space so there isn't big brown blobs or whatever.

Apologies for what I guess you could call a "random insertion" but I have a fair-sized problem re: my AUG that I'm sure AUG users will appreciate, and only an AUG user will be likely to be of any help with. So I've come to the place where AUG devotees congregate.

I've kept my AUG stored away for a few months now (disgraceful, I know), broken down into it's three parts. The upper receiver was (I assumed) safe and sound in a drawer, although I did have to move it a couple of months ago to make space for babygro's (ahh, sweet, Daddy has to re-store his guns to make way for new baby clothes). Well, having just this weekend decided to get re-acquainted with my AUG, I've made the shocking discovery that my barrel locking latch has gone for a burton. Can't find hide nor hair of the bloody thing anywhere: not the latch, the nut or the spring. So now I don't have an AUG, I've got a barrel assembly with an ergonomic ABS and metal paperweight that I can't attach it to.

So can anyone help a brother out? Either with a spare barrel locking assembly that they've got laying around in a toolbox/spare parts box somewhere, or inside info on a retailer where I can get such a insignificant (but, as I've found to my dismay, bloody vital :( ) part?

If anyone has got a spare one they're willing to sell to me, PM me and give me an asking price. Same goes for any info on a retailer that might be able to help me out (although of course I'll only be paying for the retailer info in good karma ;) ).

Edited by djl

Microtech Small Arms added the forward assist as a marketing decision, because most American LEOs think that style of a forward assist is a must have for some reason.

However, the bolt release is AWESOME. It does not effect your cheek weld to the rifle and it greatly increases reload time, which has always been one the complaints people have had with the real deal AUG.

The man behind the project is a guy named Pete Athens who is pretty much the American Godfather of the AUG and has more experience with that rifle than anyone else in the USA. You'll notice that the barrel has been flutted and although you can't see it the materials have all been upgraded along with a lighter trigger.

Check out the video: www.msarinc.com

Good stuff.

Edited by MinisterofDeath

djl, I feel your pain. I lost my little lever at a skirmish yesterday. Thankfully I still have the metal piece and the spring, and even more thankfully I have a spare receiver which still has the little nub. As for you, I would suggest going to wgcshop.com and searching "aug". I just looked, and they have the nub in stock but not the spring and metal piece.

djl, I feel your pain.  I lost my little lever at a skirmish yesterday.  Thankfully I still have the metal piece and the spring, and even more thankfully I have a spare receiver which still has the little nub.  As for you, I would suggest going to wgcshop.com and searching "aug".  I just looked, and they have the nub in stock but not the spring and metal piece.

Mucho Gracias, Terran. Further rummaging has yielded the metal piece, which was rolling around in the furthest recesses of the drawer, although the spring is FUBAR'd (that's easy enough to replace) - naturally, as soon as I put an order for the replacement nub, that'll turn up as well!

I suppose whilst I'm browsing WGC I'll have to treat myself to something else to make the parcel worthwhile - it's a hard knock life, and no mistake :D.

EDIT: MFIAP also have the whole assembly in stock for a very fair $5, but don't seem to ship outside the continental United States. Global economy my backside :angry: !

Edited by djl
  • 2 weeks later...