Aug Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

AUG mag: 15.5 cm tall, 7cm wide, top 2.5 cm thick and base is 3.5 cm thick :)

By the way, i have just got a box of 5 kingarms 110 rounds midcap magazines. They are quite nice, at least compared to the price (i paid 25$ pluss shiping). As far as i have tested they feed nice in my JG aug, both on single and full auto. Recomended

Edited by FastWinston
When did King Arms start making AUG midcaps? It looks like I'm going to have to pick a pack of those up sometime.

Well heres my Trusty Aug

Aug2.jpg

And yes that is a custom phantom kit I made myself. You can see the paint chipping off the front, but I'm pretty happy with it.

Yellow...

What did you use to make it? And what are the zip ties for?

Ta

Neil

Well the zip ties are to hold it together. I cracked the receiver when I first got the gun, about 2 to 3 years ago, and its been broken ever since then. The gun still works great too.

The kits a little jimmy rigged but. I used, I think 1 1/4 inch, PVC pipe cut it to size. To hold it on I have a zip tie underneath some electrical tape.

It isn't to noticeable unless your underneath it, and the rail I had just laying around. Screwed the rail in, and have the zip tie under it connected to the receiver.

HPIM0398.jpg I have no idea why in the hell my black paint is wearing so quickly...

And I love the illuminated crosshairs. I'm lazy and can use it for a red dot type deal as well. :)

HPIM0400.jpg

JG but not much Chinese in it anymore. I have a CA gearbox in it, systema packing, tightbore and 19x* spring. New motor. Shoots naughty at this forum and it only costs me $220 for the whole setup with mags and batteries. I love these Chinese AEGs as upgrade platforms.

Edited by EmptyChambers
  • 4 weeks later...
I've got an idea for my AUG but I need to know if this or possibly this are long enough to mount a vert grip on. Otherwise I'm pretty stuffed as most barrel mounted rails are really long.

I know for a fact that option no. 2 can fit a vert grip. I irretrievably knackered my standard foregrip a couple of weeks ago, and my parcel of possible replacements arrived from eHobbyasia today. I had toyed with your option no. 1 ($22 or so at eHobby) but wanted to check the look first, so I opted for this at $3.99 before I made a firm decision - the top part is your option no.2. Results below:

Still getting used to the foregrip sitting a little forward from where I'm used to it being, but in it's unopened position it makes for a bloody comfortable shooter's rest. Barrel clamp sits nice and secure too, and the screws don't protude at all, which had been a concern at the back of my mind.

Edited by djl

Naturally, that would have been my first choice, but my usual suppliers all seemed to have gone to ground, so I started thinking about some alternatives. The AUG foregrip (airsoft version) wasn't ever the sturdiest bit of kit on the market, and like I said: folded down, that AK "tacticool" grip makes for a perfectly servicable rest.The grip itself is the last thing I'd ever put on an AK (looks totally wrong for a weapon that came from the Soviet school of austere functionality) but - to me - it's curves sort of compliment the aesthetic of the AUG.

The clamp isn't the prettiest thing around either, but it's rock solid. I know I'm committing sacrilege saying it, but I sometimes think the AUG could do with a wee bit of ugly added - it is after all a military assault rifle designed to do a not-very-pretty job. Sometimes I think it could stand to be a little less Audrey Hepburn, and a little more Jack Palance.

Having said that, next time a standard grip comes my way, I'll grab it - who am I to argue with the Steyr designers? ;)

It just so happens I have a spare black foregrip, should you be interested....?

It should also be noted - as evidenced in this thread - that I use the green version of that "AK" foregrip on my A3-esque AUG version. I agree that it goes well with the AUG, and would look stupid on an AK.

With the steel foregrip pin, the AUG foregrip is as it should be, a pretty sturdy piece of equipment that will do the job. I still make it a habit to keep it folded up as much as possible, though.

Thanks for the sight suggestions uys, I'm thinking of putting one of the new clone EOTECHs on there. Also...am I right in thinking the only replacement foregrip's that are around are black? Undecided as to whether my HBAR would look better with an original foregrip on it or not