• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not quite a Hbar tho is it lee :P

still looks damn good

you bringing it on the 2nd??

Oh I'm sorry....so it's dosen't have an M60 bipod yet :P it's close enough lol

Yep, definitly, me feels my boltie might be left alone for a few skirmishes now that I have an AEG with more punch than my 551

it doesnt have an m60 bipod, just m60 style :D

im trying to make a hbar from scratch basicly

got the wrong AUG aswell <_< but meh it`l get done eventually and have a nice rof :P

gotta let me fondle the Hbar on the 2nd, compare the tm body to the CA (and nick your barrel :P)

it doesnt have an m60 bipod, just m60 style :D

im trying to make a hbar from scratch basicly

got the wrong AUG aswell <_< but meh it`l get done eventually and have a nice rof :P

gotta let me fondle the Hbar on the 2nd, compare the tm body to the CA (and nick your barrel :P)

You're not having my barrel!!

But yes you can hold it, it's front heavy enough with out the bigger M60 style bipod on it.

You got the wrong Aug? How do you mean? got the civi rather than mil?

*edited to wind tank up more :P***

21112007.jpg

21112007-1.jpg

21112007-2.jpg

Edited by Nicoli

Where did you get the HBar flash excluder?

The AUG HBar does NOT use the M60 bipod. It has its own, unique bipod. As far as I know, only the Boom Arms kit accurately replicates this bipod. I thought it was the only accurate flash excluder too, but you seem to have found one.

Have you got the barrel length right? It seems a bit long in your picture? But perhaps that is due to your not have the foregrip. Are you using a 650mm inner barrel?

The AUG HBar also is more often seen with the standard 1.5x AUG optics, rather than the flat-top receiver. I rather like having the option to use both, though, and have a 3-9x illumated scope for use with it, as it can be fiendishly accurate and long ranged on a good day. (Sadly, it doesn't seem to have many of those)

You can see my AUG Hbar, and its other various configurations earlier in this thread.

You're not having my barrel!!

But yes you can hold it, it's front heavy enough with out the bigger M60 style bipod on it.

You got the wrong Aug? How do you mean? got the civi rather than mil?

*edited to wind tank up more :P***

blasphemic images :P

:( unfair :D

ill have the flash hider off you tho ;)

and yes i got the civi <_<, so i need to get od body and mil upper :P

Where did you get the HBar flash excluder?

The AUG HBar does NOT use the M60 bipod. It has its own, unique bipod. As far as I know, only the Boom Arms kit accurately replicates this bipod. I thought it was the only accurate flash excluder too, but you seem to have found one.

Have you got the barrel length right? It seems a bit long in your picture? But perhaps that is due to your not have the foregrip. Are you using a 650mm inner barrel?

The AUG HBar also is more often seen with the standard 1.5x AUG optics, rather than the flat-top receiver. I rather like having the option to use both, though, and have a 3-9x illumated scope for use with it, as it can be fiendishly accurate and long ranged on a good day. (Sadly, it doesn't seem to have many of those)

You can see my AUG Hbar, and its other various configurations earlier in this thread.

your Hbar is very fap worth

but i cant justify $320 on the kit :(

Edited by tank423

I didn't do any of the work on the HBAR, I bought it off a fellow skirmisher in it's current condition.

Yeah, they are normally with the built in sight, but meh I'm not overly bothered. It's still got the OD body.

But yeah, don't know where he sourced the aprts but I can ask if you want? From what I know, I believe the inner barrle is a PSG-1 barrel, but I don't know the specs of the outer barrel. Inclined to think he possibly made it himself, it's all steel. So is the bipod...as my toe found out to it's dismay :( lol

Tank, you cannot have ANY of my AUG

Hedganian, no chance you can re-post ur HBAR? I can't seem to find it, but then again alot of the earlier pics in the post don't load atm on my pc

Edited by Nicoli
  • 2 weeks later...

2060223173_8947e55f43_o.jpg

2060221493_ed0c847f1a_o.jpg

For some reason my pictures above stopped working, so here they are again.

Below is the A3esque AUG. Fitting the conversion kit isn't as easy as it appears, but not that hard. You will need a 500mm inner barrel, not the stock AUG 509mm one. Also, the top rail seems to be an odd 21mm wide, not 20mm, so some scopes have trouble fitting. The positioning of the AUG sling swivel on the top of the RIS rails is inconvenient, I use an RIS sling swivel on the left hand side rail instead. Other than that, simply follow the instructions that comes with the kit.

2060225199_e51bd5904a_o.jpg

2060225305_bc256f86fc_o.jpg

2061007760_b034bd4815_o.jpg

Original option...

On the topic of the H-Bar, a "civi" version, black with scope on flat top can be seen in the ship scene of The Usual Suspect IIRC. Anyway I just gave you (and myself) a very good reason to watch this excellent movie again. Hence I deserve to be given one of those HBar!

I've always loved AUGs should have been my first AEG but money delays followed by parental interdiction (hehe, that was a very long time ago!) had them out of production and I had to buy a FAMAS instead (well, I love the FAMAS too...). Now I don't have much time for airsofting, and I promised myself the next AEG would be a SG551 to compliment my firearm :-/

Thank you for sharing this moment of nostalgia with me! ;-)

• 2 weeks later...