Aug Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

augg.jpg

My baby, planned updates are a Phantom Kit and a Aimpoint for when I'm not long ranging it. The stock, foregrip and cocking handle were black but got blasted by some OD krylon. I think the rebar cutter flash hider suits the Aug aswell. Also King Arms midcaps, if the spring plates are glued/taped down they should be fine and not blast open like my last box of mids did. :(

Edited by Wild_XIII

Two years from conception to birth, but I am pleased to announce, the latest addition to Project AUG....

The AUG Masterkey:

2359862950_6e579d6265_b.jpg

2359863626_01fabbf030_b.jpg

2359862332_df37a73a9d_b.jpg

There's still a bit of finishing-off to do, the various shiny metal bits need a couple of coats of black paint, I need to figure out a way to make the barrel-release catch work around the body of the shotgun (going to be tricky) and the shotgun itself needs adjusting to boresight down the main AEG barrel and then bolting in place to prevent movement (at the moment it's pointing slightly downwards) plus the extended inner barrel and metal hop-up needs fitting...

There's no longer enough room in the double-rifle case for all the parts of Project AUG. Going to need something else...

Edited by Hedganian

Slightly old news it seems but as I haven't seen nention of it here, looky looky:

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=124367

stg77A2c.jpg

Also, have converted my broken barrel into a stubby ###### barrel and am getting my H-Bar together... pics to follow shortly (am also plannon a long mag conversion but that's only in the early stages)

Edited by Treadhead

Hey quick question to all who owns Phantom Aug, im about purchasin bipods, but I aint sure that do they fit underneath my Phantom kit, it already has caw gp-25 launcher, can I make those fit both? The bipods would be "backwards" if that dont work ill modify em a bit. But can i make them fit there? Rail is 200mm long:o

Slightly old news it seems but as I haven't seen nention of it here, looky looky:

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=124367

http://www.doppeladler.com/downloads/stg77A2c.jpg

DAMN YOU!

Project AUG was near completion, and now I have to find a way to make THAT???? :rolleyes:

Does the masterkey cause flex to the body?

No.

Then again, what do you mean? The "Body" is the green plastic stock, as far as I'm concerned, which isn't affected in any way. The receiver is the part with the scope or rail, and is made of (pot) metal. The barrel is then forward of that, and includes the gas/foregrip block. So far, no changes have been made to anything except barrel sections for all parts of Project AUG, with the exception of the A3esque which has to be a barrel/receiver combination due to the nature of the Action RAS system. This is the point of Project AUG - to recreate the barrel-swapping ability of the real steel as closely as possible.

Now, I've never seen a real steel AUG Masterkey, and given how much trouble I've had making the airsoft one, I can see why. Plus - to be honest - why do you really need an underbarrel 3-round shotgun anyway? Who really shotguns doors (Apart from Americans)??? Just kick it down like normal people...

The only real problem left to the AUG Masterkey is how to work the barrel release catch. The rear of the shotgun gets in the way. VERY in the way. The only thing I can think of is to carve a huge slot out of the top of the (steel) body of the shotgun (and possibly it would have to be so deep as to interfere with the actual working parts of the shotgun) which is a pretty serious undertaking - with a high chance of seriously affecting the cosmetics of the finished product.

The only other option is to make the Masterkey another barrel/receiver combination, which would mean I couldn't ever use it with the A1 fixed-scope receiver. Probably not a bad thing, but going against the plan for Project AUG...

Edited by Hedganian

Looks to me like everything apart from the stock is different. That receiver is green, for a start, the barrel is shorter, and has a different flash excluder (although it looks similar to the flash excluder from the A3esque).

As for the "real" replica of the A2, with the proper detachable scope/rails from the receiver... Well, I don't think it will ever happen for airsoft. It would just be too expensive and require too much precision machining...

Having said that, my Lottery-win plans include licensing the plans from Steyr and forming a Fighting Hedgehogs Gunsmithing company to make the most accurate Airsoft AUGs in existence. But until I become extremely wealthy, it's just a dream...

Give me three uppers (one railed, one scoped and another of either type) and a milling machine and I'll turn out an A2... sadly I don't have any of those things to spare! ;)

The green upper receiver isn't new, it's a regular A2 receiver, just in green.

DAMN YOU!

Project AUG was near completion, and now I have to find a way to make THAT???? :rolleyes:

No.

Then again, what do you mean? The "Body" is the green plastic stock, as far as I'm concerned, which isn't affected in any way. The receiver is the part with the scope or rail, and is made of (pot) metal. The barrel is then forward of that, and includes the gas/foregrip block. So far, no changes have been made to anything except barrel sections for all parts of Project AUG, with the exception of the A3esque which has to be a barrel/receiver combination due to the nature of the Action RAS system. This is the point of Project AUG - to recreate the barrel-swapping ability of the real steel as closely as possible.

Now, I've never seen a real steel AUG Masterkey, and given how much trouble I've had making the airsoft one, I can see why. Plus - to be honest - why do you really need an underbarrel 3-round shotgun anyway? Who really shotguns doors (Apart from Americans)??? Just kick it down like normal people...

The only real problem left to the AUG Masterkey is how to work the barrel release catch. The rear of the shotgun gets in the way. VERY in the way. The only thing I can think of is to carve a huge slot out of the top of the (steel) body of the shotgun (and possibly it would have to be so deep as to interfere with the actual working parts of the shotgun) which is a pretty serious undertaking - with a high chance of seriously affecting the cosmetics of the finished product.

The only other option is to make the Masterkey another barrel/receiver combination, which would mean I couldn't ever use it with the A1 fixed-scope receiver. Probably not a bad thing, but going against the plan for Project AUG...

Yea, I meant the Plastic OD body, not the metal receiver. Great work on a truly custom job!

Viaton: A pic might help to determine if it will fit or not. You may want to invest in a "grippod" if space is tight.

Give me three uppers (one railed, one scoped and another of either type) and a milling machine and I'll turn out an A2... sadly I don't have any of those things to spare! ;)

Receivers I have. Milling machine? Sorry....

We've spoken about this...

If the inheritance from my gran is enough, we are on like donkey kong.

I have an idea about the 9mm version too, I have a spare TMP outer barrel kicking about, wouldn't it make sense if that were the threaded portion of the barrel? Then you could screw a TMP silencer onto the bugger.

I was chatting to Tread on Sunday about the true A2 thing.. I've never realised before, but yes, I realise now, a TRUE A2 would be freaking badass. However, I'm still lost on what makes a true A3? Exluding the changed charging lever, I haven't seen anything different twixt the airsoft ACTION RAS and the RS A3. Although of course I haven't had a hold in RL...

Also, AUG mag pouches. Atm, I'm using M4 shingles with a lil snick cut out of the pouch, which works OK, but sometimes they snag which = fail. Are there any AUG specific mag pouches, or is just a case of using big rattly mag pouches like the Brits, Irish and Aussies (both types :P )?

Edited by Shriven

Bear in mind that the AUG A2 receiver has the curved cocking-handle as well - so you'd need to figure out a way of making that too. Also, the rail doesn't look very much like the TM/CA "A2" receiver.

If you're going to do it, you need to do it 100% properly, or there's no point. If you do, put me down for one. Or two...

Shriven - have you actually SEEN the real steel AUG A3? It looks nothing like the Action RAS kit. Nothing.

This page should help to compare the three different AUG versions.

If we do do it, it'll be as close as we can make it without fabricating whole new assemblies.... I know the rail is slightly different, but it should be close enough. I might have to do a little cosmetic work... (If only I could weld monkey metal... damn you TM/CA and your chap materials! :P)

Am current;y working on the cocking handle... one piece coloured resin castings to replace the original., It won't fold like the A2 one does as that would requite a lot more work (not to mention remaking a number of parts), but it'll look the part... The folding one can follow later!

42 Round mag is nearly done, pics to follow soon (as soon as I can be arsed to take some). Look wicked in place but isn't ready for operation yet...

Edited by Treadhead

I like to think, that in some small way, I'm contributing.

btw, I'm keeping stubby Steyr, ok ok I know it isn't one for the purists, but it is by far the best balanced, most solid airsoft gun I have ever held. With battery and full mag the centre of gravity is almost exactly at the mid point of the whole length.

But...foolishly, what I am short of now is an outer barrel, I've just sold one but now if I'm going to get silent AUG off the ground it is the only part I'm short of.

Speaking of stubby Steyr, here's a crappy phone cam pic of my blatant rip off of Swerve's baby with my latest creation ...

26-03-08_1827.jpg

Swerve: you need a whole barrel group or just the outer barrel? I'll have the outer barrel spare thanks to the H-Bar conversion...

Shriven: 3 AUG mags go nicely in PLCE ammo pouches and german dual G36 pouches.