Aug Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And why should any airsofter care what the future is?

That would mean those chaps running around in WW2 battledress with Thompsons + Garands are totally wrong no?

If I chose to carry a rifle that is considered old what of it?

When I'm not using my HBAR I carry a G3 with german flecktarn gear, should I be instantly abandoning that simply because the G36 is the modern "way of the future" german rifle?

Of course not...that would be a silly thing to do.

All I'm saying is that Steyr doesn't produce firearms to fit the needs of airsofters. They had some very practical and when you think about it smart choices for doing what they did with the AUG A3. The AUG needed the upgrade to stay competitive with future rifles.

As for the ACR folks it may not look that cool, but the special speer like round it fired was a pretty cool concept and was defintely way outside the box in terms of design.

All I'm saying is that Steyr doesn't produce firearms to fit the needs of airsofters.

No, they produce them for real application obviously. But the Airsoft counterparts are still brilliant AEGs.

My HBAR is one of the best AEGs I've ever owned. Like it's been said before it's personal preference.

Really wish I wasn't selling it :(

Edited by Nicoli

Well, I am new here, and figured Id make my first post in the picture section for my favorite type of gun!

Here is my JG AUG DMR. I made a custom RIS so that I could slap a launcher on if I wanted, but I dont really use it.

in it I have:

-m120

-CA bushings

-CA spring guide

-guarder alum. piston head

-sytema polycarb piston

-shims

It is actually for sale if anyonw wants it

Airsoftfixed.jpg

Airsoftguns002.jpg

airsoftfixed3.jpg

Airsoftguns006.jpg

Edited by BobMarley90
Your custom RIS is some electrical tape over the barrel so you can clamp two scope rings on to it with a double-sided rail.

Yes, I am aware of this. I didnt mean to make it sound amazing, or anything.

awesome isn't it? lol

why does a "DMR" need a grenade launcher? :rolleyes:

That is why I said I dont usually put it on.

damn, first post and I get flamed this bad? :flamed:

• 3 weeks later...
Where did you get a brand-new TM Military AUG? They stopped making them ages ago, as far as I know. :unsure:

Well his location says Japan, so maybe they just stopped exporting? Or, more likely theys topped making them but being the country of manufacture there are still one or two lying around in shops maybe??

Heh, yeah i got it in a little country town model shop here in japan (yes i am in japan).

I go out that way to meet a friend then head in to the hills to play. The guy who runs the shop is this reall sweet old guy who after i bought the gun (he was happy to see it go, it was collecting dust on the shelf) he took me out and bought me lunch.

actually, that leads me to a question: since this gun has obviously been sitting there a while is there any problems i might expect from it because of age? (like the hopup rubber or somethin') It seems to be performing fine but i dunno, the range seemed a little short when i tried it on sunday. It was shooting about the same, possibly just shy of what my g36c was shooting. (both guns are stock). Bear in mind i was using .25's and the g36c was using .2's.

It was shooting about the same, possibly just shy of what my g36c was shooting. (both guns are stock). Bear in mind i was using .25's and the g36c was using .2's.

Have you not answered your own question there?

If they are both stock they will have similar performances and as you were using heavier rounds in the Aug the range is going to come up a little shy of the .2s

edit: oh...thought that said .35s, which shows I'm half asleep lol hmm with .25s I wouldn't expect too much of a range difference really.

Edited by Nicoli