Aug Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

simple and sexy, exuse the photo quality its my camera phone

EDIT: Nice scope, MBG. You thinking of putting a foregrip on that rail? And what's the with tape on your mags?

Here's my (now broken up) AUG + phantom with a gripod fella

gallery_40415_1354_31631.jpg

and another view

gallery_40415_1354_29638.jpg

The phantom really does look more balanced with some kind of foregrip, and because of the weight distribution of the gun has now changed, you'll find it more comfy.

Less of the arguing and antagonising posts, or I'll apply some thread lock.

Draw a line here and get back on topic.

What about actually getting to the root of the problem (intervening w/ the trouble makers) instead of threatening to lock the thread which will do nothing? All that will happen is that Aug thread pt 2 will be started and the same problems will persist ALL OVER AGAIN, the same guy(s) will knock down peoples guns just because they think their opinion is more valid than everyone elses.

I reported posts and if this is the so called response that mods are going to give than that is not enough. It is extremely obvious from the public outcry and response that the problem lies in 1 individual in particular in this thread and all that i've seen is the mods letting him run free to say whatever he wants, no punishment given. To the people that speak up about it, we get warnings from mods to "behave" when all we are doing is pointing out the problem that the mods refuse to fix.

swerve, KA or FF phantom kit?

What about actually getting to the root of the problem (intervening w/ the trouble makers) instead of threatening to lock the thread which will do nothing? All that will happen is that Aug thread pt 2 will be started and the same problems will persist ALL OVER AGAIN, the same guy(s) will knock down peoples guns just because they think their opinion is more valid than everyone elses.

I reported posts and if this is the so called response that mods are going to give than that is not enough. It is extremely obvious from the public outcry and response that the problem lies in 1 individual in particular in this thread and all that i've seen is the mods letting him run free to say whatever he wants, no punishment given. To the people that speak up about it, we get warnings from mods to "behave" when all we are doing is pointing out the problem that the mods refuse to fix.

swerve, KA or FF phantom kit?

OMG someone in cyberspace doesn't like what i spent so long working on? My life is over, woe is me. I wish i was dead to end the humiliation!

more importantly, and so not to spam up this thread anymore. The Badger reworked a few things with his brothers AUG, and voila!

It looks small....

PA100011.jpg

Swerve: If you can't handle the hate, don't dish it. That's all that's going on right now. Basically, case of the bully who beats up on other kids, but as soon as one kid stands up to himself and socks the bully in the jaw, the kid gets suspended while the bully is free to terrorize others.

Badger: If you read from page 44, you'll see that evo12 is just standing up for the other people who weren't brave enough to stand up to a bully. He's making their voices heard that 'just because you don't like my gun doesn't give you the right to tell me it's disgusting and that yours is the Holy Grail of <insert gun here>.' These kinds of people are the problem, but with the way the system is being run right now, the solution is to kick the victims in the rear, telling them to 'deal with it'. It might work in real life, but considering that this is supposed to be a friendly forum where everyone is equal and treated nicely, that doesn't fly. He is in no right trying to defend himself, he is defending others who are too worried about getting a number on the internet under their name.

tl;dr, Swerve: Yes, that does seem a bit more balanced. Can't say I agree with it, but it is definitely more balanced.

Badger: That is quite special looking. You're the first person I've seen attach a SOCOM style suppressor to their Aug. Not exactly liking it, but it's unique.

EDIT: Since you don't want me to do this in the open, check you PMs, Swerve. I respect your request, just know if you pull this out into the open after this, so will I.

Edited by Connery
Swerve: If you can't handle the hate, don't dish it.

This is a picture thread. Please take your issues elsewhere. You're opinion on how people do or do not behave is of no consequence in *this* thread.

Having another rant and tacking some on-topic stuff on the bottom doesn't wash either. I shall say no more on the subject (already said too much) I shall just report people who continue to ignore what they have been asked to do by mods and others.

Nice scope, MBG. You thinking of putting a foregrip on that rail? And what's the with tape on your mags

the scope was an impulse buy .replica bushmaster 3-9x50 i bought it in thailand last year, only set me back £25

and its now got a grippod under it

the tape......

home made magpuls FTW :D

Edited by millitant black guy

As this will inevitably be re-opened, I'm doing it now.

Two quick pointers:

This is for pictures. Please make sure your detailed discussion of the finer points of AUGs (eg random real-steel facts / detailed descriptions of how to build a Phantom or whathaveyou) take place elsewhere.

DO NOT make offensive or abusive comments. I would hope everyone would have the sense not to do this, but two members in particular appear to have lost sight of the wood for the trees. I would like to ask all to take a deep breath and consider what they write and its effect upon other people before making comments that could easily upset members.

As this no doubt is a little too vague for some of you, let's go into more detail:

X: Phantoms r fugly Don't do this. It'll only lead to argument, and I'll personally suspend you for inciting trouble.

Y: STFU YOU! UR AN IDIOT! THE WHOLE FORUM R IDIOTZ!!! This is abuse and, if repeated, will lead to a forum ban. Especially if you then decide to insult the moderating team for good measure.

With those two simple requests in mind, please enjoy discussing AUG replicas once again. :)

How is it attached? And what is the silencer made of?

You could take that rail off and bolt a longer one on in its place if you could drill and tap a new hole in a suitable place. That's all I can think of.

Wouldn't have said the bipod is necessary on a short weapon like that - how front heavy is that silencer? I think a foregrip would look better, and maybe be more useful. Still, the good thing about rails is that it's easy to change to suit your needs.

Are you planning any other RIS additions? M203, tac light, etc?

I FINALLY got a day pass to try out the Aug+M203 @ The Rock last month and while it works like a dream can i now say, DAMN it gets heavy as the day wears on!

Also, while i like it in Black, i may have to spray my backup BE Aug as they don't arf stand out in that Quarry!

at_the_rock_08.jpg

Face blanked in order not to scare small children :)

and YES i wear Multicamp, it's a "team thing" ;)

Edited by davecymru
How is it attached? And what is the silencer made of?

You could take that rail off and bolt a longer one on in its place if you could drill and tap a new hole in a suitable place. That's all I can think of.

Wouldn't have said the bipod is necessary on a short weapon like that - how front heavy is that silencer? I think a foregrip would look better, and maybe be more useful. Still, the good thing about rails is that it's easy to change to suit your needs.

Are you planning any other RIS additions? M203, tac light, etc?

tbh im not sure i jus parted with a helluva loada of cash pimpin my spr so funds are short.

sounds abit fiddly to increase the 20mil, so stock it shall stay.

was gunna go for a grippod instead of the harris, its not the best looking thing in the world but it does two jobs in one

edit:spelling am carp need edumacashun

Edited by millitant black guy

I was using the first version of the Rail adapter i made and wrote about here: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=138929

Since i posted that topic i added a front post to to the 203 to reduce front end wobble and also as a result of the day skirmishing with it i'm going to put a small strap from that post over the barrel to further stabilise it.

The adapter bracket itself worked a treat and held up to everything i threw at it! :D

Also when i got tired and replaced the M203 with a RIS foregrip it still worked well and kept it's ergonomics.

All in all, it was a long time developing and waiting to get out to test it all, but well worth the wait as it's really effective in a skirmish!

A picture of my pride and joy, just wish the hicaps fed better.

(Image snip)

AUG hicaps are known for feed problems. Just use standards and you should be fine. And more tactical (sounding less like a set of maracas every time you move is always a bonus :P )

I know them for having feed problems, as do many others I've spoken to. That's good enough for me.

Conversely, I have 2 hi-caps for my TM MP7, and never had a problem. But I don't use them much, since the 100-round long mags came out.

There's good and bad in everything, I guess.