Aug Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I think it's a shame that you've removed the gas parts from the side, rather than incorporating them into your design somehow. In the real steel, those parts are essential, so no replica is accurate without them (excepting the 9mm AUG, of course, which has a totally different gas system).

I don't like the look of the AUG A3 that much, but it'd be nice to see an accurate replica of it, rather than the A3esque thing with the Action RAS kit bolted to an A1.

Thanks NegativeCambre and Victory! :)

All, I need your help: For my next customs, I really need some rails pictatinny who have a least 400mm (15,7 inch) lenght... Do you know where I can buy this? (If possible European zone or USA if they accept to export...)

Thanks in advance! :)

Otherwise, maybe I have found a method to do a similiar custom of mine with only basic tools (lines, saw...), I'll try this method and if it's works I'll show you how to do it. ;)

Thanks NegativeCambre and Victory! :)

All, I need your help: For my next customs, I really need some rails pictatinny who have a least 400mm (15,7 inch) lenght... Do you know where I can buy this? (If possible European zone or USA if they accept to export...)

Thanks in advance! :)

Otherwise, maybe I have found a method to do a similiar custom of mine with only basic tools (lines, saw...), I'll try this method and if it's works I'll show you how to do it. ;)

you Could ask Dobey or Candyman to make you one?

Just a thought.

It's a madbull RIS (This product) where I reamed the inner diameter for mount this part on the gas block part.

I also ripped the top rail and I made two notchs with a saw and a file (need a lot of patience! :D )

I also cutted the small gas block on the barrel part, then I filed the barrel's seat for obtain a steady cylinder.

I hope you understand me... :unsure:

I'm really sorry, but I don't understand exactly. :unsure:

How did you change the inner diameter of the gas block?

It's one of the most lovely AUGs I've seen, really want to replicate the front end look!

He means that he removed the gas parts from the foregrip block and filed it down smooth. I don't see that he says he has changed the diameter of any of the parts.

Personally, I think it would have been better to accommodate the gas parts in the design of the extra rails, rather than removing them, as without them the AUG is less realistic. But still, it is an impressive custom job.

Amateurstuntman: Thanks for your links! It's a bit expensive and high, but it could be suitable :)

GrimGram and Hedganian: I'll show you why I was obliged to remove the gas tube:

1) The barrel's collar (external diameter) is conical not cylindric, so not good for assembly

2) The inner diameter of the Madbull RIS was too tight (approximately 2-3 mm too tight)

I hope to have been clear enought? :unsure:

EDIT: photos

5fa879eb1de31253eb19621d21a14fe9.jpg

2756e3d9ae0f5c3e4e4439d9760f88d6.jpg

13d0a62a8a16e7d2a456af1b5309af30.jpg

Edited by Tbone67

Tbone that's a really great AUG Project.

As Hedganian suggestet it needs a proper gasblock and I personally would cut down the top rail a bit (IMO it would look even better if the end of the rail would line up with the front of the ejection port) but everything else is just awesome. I love it :)

Actually your gun is how an AUG A3 should look like. I suggest Steyr Mannlicher to hire you as designer ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

*Sorry for the obnoxiously large pictures before time*

My "Custom" Classic Army AUG setup:

DMR style. This is what I normally run her as now, shoots around the 550 FPS mark, semi automatic and runs off of a custom 12V 1200MAH intellect celled battery. A real bruiser, don't want to be on the receiving end of it.

DSCN1650.jpg

DSCN1641.jpg

DSCN1649.jpg

CQB setup:

This is what the AUG started it's life as. Ran around 420 FPS at 20 RPS before being heavily upgraded, was ran on a 9.6V intellect celled Num-chuck (Spelling?) battery.

DSCN1690.jpg

DSCN1689.jpg

DSCN1688.jpg

DSCN1687.jpg

Edited by Optomis